Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Supergrass Plea!

Started by TJ, May 04, 2004, 02:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

Long before Supergrass were even remotely famous, they released two singles on a local Oxford-based label called Backbeat - 'Caught by The Fuzz'/.Strange Ones' and 'Mansize Rooster'/'Sitting Up Straight'. These were different versions from those that would later turn up on "I Should Coco", apparently recorded in an early demo session. I used to have a C90 with dubs of all four of these very rare tracks on, but it's long since vanished and I'd love to get hold of them again. Can any kind VW help?

mwude

I had a quick scout here don't think it's any of those.  But that's a really useful site for hard to find stuff.

Rats

I suppose you'll have it but I've got a supergrass gig taped off radio 1 if you want that. I can't remember how long ago it was, about 7 years? They're one of those bands I like but would never buy anything by, they're great live.

Jemble Fred

Have you seen that inexplicable advert for 'Cutting It', when the whole cast does a 'Grease' style version of 'Alright'? OMFG.

Part of me was pleased that the song is considered such a classic it can be ere-worked as a Cliff Richard musical-style number. But part of me was dismayed that it was being used to advertise such tosh.

However, most of me just couldn't begin to understand the thought processes behind doing it at all, not least as the advert was roughly THREE minutes long.