Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:35:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Is Ten

Started by Neil, August 08, 2009, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Just a quick note that today is the tenth birthday of Cook'd and Bomb'd...I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to it over the years, and all those who have visited, and kept the forums buzzing for all this time.  I'm genuinely thrilled at how the site and community have developed over the years, and so grateful for the amount of rare Morris material you lot have helped me surface and make available over the last decade.  I'd hoped to have the total redesign of the site finally completed by now, but am still waiting for some new software releases.  So please bear with me, I've a lot of new Morris encodes and the like to put up in the not too distant future.

There is going to be a birthday bash today in the Penderel's Oak, in High Holborn...feel free to come along if you're in or around That London, I've travelled over from Norn Iron myself.  It kicks off around 2, and Louis Barfe is planning to do a CaB Radio show from the venue today, so listen in if you can't make it down. 

It will be the second birthday of CaB Radio in another week or two, and I'm thrilled with how it's developing.  I have some really great nights listening to the shows and talking crap in the chatroom, and you're more than welcome to join in.  Don't forget that you can have a bash at it yourself, too, it's open to anyone, and you can submit mixes, call in on Skype, send voicemails (to 02895 811976), or do some live hosting if you feel up to it. 

There are now four regular shows, and they are as follows:

Mondays, 9pm - TotalNightmares impressive mix of comedy and music.
Wednesdas, 9pm - Louis Barfe, the jazz Danny Baker.  Fantastic pair of ears on him.
Thursdays, 9pm - SirHenry, a differently themed show each week, always interesting and entertaining.
Sundays, 6pmish - The Neil Bomb'd Pretend Radio Show, me living out my life-long desire to be a talk radio host.

You can send bits and pieces to me at waynecarr@gmail.com as well, if you wish.  Get involved, we have an absolute blast...feel free to drop into the chatroom as well, even if you're not interested in our pretend radio shows.

Incidentally, I'd like to draw your attention to the second episode of RadioFace, which has been put together by some very talented members of the community.  I think it's remarkably good, and am very keen to watch them continuing to develop their comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgU1CFNH__E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4iPWcGzP90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEVSP3qNF5o

See also the new videos by Doug Sklenki, perhaps my favourite purveyor of home-made comedy...wonderful, life-affirming stuff.

Famous Mortimer

And because I'm sat at home, poor, I get to be the first responder.

I've been a member for three years, off and on, and have largely loved every minute of it. So thanks CaB, and may there be many more years.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Happy Birthday CaB!

Fuck knows how it's made it to ten years without exploding in an atomic cloud of bitterness and shonky database gremlins- with the good will and hard work of some extremely fantastic people who keep it all sparkly and shiny.

Congratulations to Neil who has developed the single greatest forum in the history of the internet.

Here's hoping this is only the beginning!

El Unicornio, mang

CaB was my biggest regular connection to the UK when I lived in the US, and has always been my first stop for music, comedy, film, news and popular culture info, as well as being the funniest place with the best bunch of people and the most intelligent (and humorous) debates. Sad that I can't make it to the meet to see everyone and shake hands with the creator of this fab place, hopefully be there for the  "CaB is Twenty" meet though!

An tSaoi

It's the best forum I've ever been on. So, Happy Birthday and all that.

Glebe

Happy 10th Birthday, CaB! Thanks for all the chuckles, insight and discussion.

An tSaoi

I love the fact that the only good quality, usable Chris Morris image that a Chris Morris fansite has is always from his trip to CERN.

vrailaine

Thank you for a wonderful 18.375 and a minute days of browsing in the last 18 months!

joeyzaza

Happy 10th Birthday CaB!

I look forward to a moody, withdrawn phase in the next few years, followed by a massive drunken orgy in August 2015 when CaB finally becomes "legal".

boxofslice

Yesterday I was going back through that Maddie thread, laughing as I went, and it did make me realise how special and individual this place is. Here's to the next 10.

An tSaoi

All in all I've had a decent 15 days, 17 hours and 6 minutes on here.

Fry

Well done CaB. Well done me.

Small Man Big Horse

I too love this place, and I honestly don't think there's a better forum out there - the posters here have made it thoroughly entertaining to read each and every day. So happy birthday CAB, and a huge thank you to Neil for running it for all this time.

An tSaoi

Well done everyone.

Except Fry.

MissInformed

Happy Birthday CaB! Only been a member for around three years, but I love this place and (almost!) everyone it!

Thanks for the shits and giggles - except for the shits.

Although on that subject, it tickles me that if you Google-search Ambient Sheep, the top few hits are links to an MP3 of us watching and reacting to 2 Girls 1 Cup.

Egyptian Feast

Happy birthday CaB!

I've been a member since around the time of the BES furore (in a couple of different guises - I will own up to being formerly known as Smegg Tashe, Fuckwittio and, briefly, Arsebait). Like many others, I'd imagine, I was attracted by the promise of Chris Morris radio shows and Brass Eye out-takes, but I stayed for the Verbwhores. Though I haven't contributed to the site as much as I would've liked, especially over the last few years, I simply cannot imagine the internet without CaB. I'd certainly have nothing to help me pass the time at work. There really is nowhere quite like this site.

If this was any other site, I'd congratulate Neil for keeping this place going (through a LOT of ups and downs) and wish you all the best for the next 10 years. But as this is CaB, may I be the first to say...ENJOY THE LAST TWITCHES OF THE CORPSE, KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Ginyard

Happy anniversary. Thanks for turning my eye off my other monitors when I'm supposed to be working, on an all too regular basis.

Hugs and smakaroos

x

the midnight watch baboon

Happy anniversary to the best site in the worldwideweb

weekender

Thanks CaB.  ThCab.

Still Not George

Will someone let me out please?

easytarget

I would have missed so much comedy and would have had to endure so many hours of boredom at work if it wasn't for you(s).

Happy Birthday CaB!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote...ENJOY THE LAST TWITCHES OF THE CORPSE, KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

:D

weekender

Quote from: MissInformed on August 09, 2009, 11:42:58 AM
Although on that subject, it tickles me that if you Google-search Ambient Sheep, the top few hits are links to an MP3 of us watching and reacting to 2 Girls 1 Cup.

Is it sound only i.e. there was no video?

Spiteface

No video, it's a rip from the stream of the Radio that night, I believe.  I remember it because I was the one who mentioned it to Delete Delete Delete, who in turn, discussed it on the Radio.  I apologise for bringing that to CaB, but someone else was bound to eventually.

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on August 09, 2009, 12:20:46 PM
Happy birthday CaB!

I've been a member since around the time of the BES furore (in a couple of different guises - I will own up to being formerly known as Smegg Tashe, Fuckwittio and, briefly, Arsebait). Like many others, I'd imagine, I was attracted by the promise of Chris Morris radio shows and Brass Eye out-takes, but I stayed for the Verbwhores. Though I haven't contributed to the site as much as I would've liked, especially over the last few years, I simply cannot imagine the internet without CaB. I'd certainly have nothing to help me pass the time at work. There really is nowhere quite like this site.

If this was any other site, I'd congratulate Neil for keeping this place going (through a LOT of ups and downs) and wish you all the best for the next 10 years. But as this is CaB, may I be the first to say...ENJOY THE LAST TWITCHES OF THE CORPSE, KIDS!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

I came here after being pointed in this direction by someone on the Radiohead boards, after the BES got delayed a week, and I wanted some answers why.  There were other Morris sites, but they were DEAD.  Nothing bar some audio clips of the Radio 1 shows, On the Hour etc.

I was actually using a Dreamcast at the time, I was Peter O'HanrahaHanrahan.  At this time you really could change your username willy-nilly.  I did this, going through a few other names, most notably Hermann the Tosser, Mumm-Ra the Ever-Living, and just before this one, Pantheon Lincoln.  I decided on this current name at a time when the Boards well and truly melted down and we all had to re-register.

In the nine years I've been here, there have been some ups and downs, but it's generally always been a place populated with some really cool people.  I've been on other boards (I threatened to flounce one time over something that was my fault, and needed somewhere to ramble on about my usual bullshit on the net), but most of them never seemed as special as Cook'd and Bomb'd.

So, to Neil, and everyone who comes here and makes this place a joy to visit, here's a nice pint of foaming Nut-Brown Ale:

I have a pepsi for myself, but here's to the next 10 years of CaB, CHEERS!

MissInformed

Quote from: weekender on August 09, 2009, 07:33:11 PMIs it sound only i.e. there was no video?

Spiteface is right, it was audio only. We were goaded into watching the link while reporting back live on CaB radio -didn't you do the same thing too, a couple of weeks later?

weekender

I think I goaded other people into watching it, if anything.  Or pretended to masturbate about it. Or perhaps goaded the two of you into it.

It al reminds me of my office:

"Weekender, 2 girls 1 cup, what's that about?"

"Well, it's about 2 girls.  They have a cup.  There are enemas.  What more do you need to know?"

"What's an enema?"

Lfbarfe

My enema's enema is not my friend.

Serge

A belated happy anniversary from the new boy.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

Happy birthday CaB. Though I lurked for ages because you were all slightly scary, eventually I realised that this is the best place on the Internet, filled with wonderful and smart and interesting and brilliantly funny people, and I really do love you all. And a massive thank you has to go to Neil, who spends hours upon hours working in front of a monitor just so I can have somewhere to hide from the real world. You owe me 25 days, 11 hours and 48 minutes of my life, but I owe you so much more....

sirhenry

A belated happy anniversary from the old fart.