Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:55:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wimblemong 2009; Final : Miles vs Lookalike Mark Chapman

Started by Miles, August 15, 2009, 03:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jemble Fred

Newsnightreview Game & Watch is just too professional-lookingly excellent. Has to be LMC for that.

actwithoutwords

Amazing stuff all round. LMC for the ridiculously funny Forsyth's Aga, and winning the first and third rally.

greencalx

LMC's last shot is probably the shot of the tournament, but I felt Miles had the edge on consistency.

Angst in my Pants

What a fantastic final!

Really tricky to decide... Miles, I absolutely loved the Donkey Kong shot, but LMC wins for me due to generating heavier laugh-out-loudage with his first and last shots, and for that bizarre jump from the Paramount logo to Pac-Man wretching in the second.

You are both sickeningly talented, well done you beasts.

The Roofdog

'Newsnight Review' was so ruddy bloody great it nearly swung it, but overall I'm going to go for Miles

Johnny Yesno

LMC just took it with that last shot. Miles's Hearth of Khan and Paxman's Probings (a fantastic interpretation of dodging questions) made it really difficult to decide, though. Well done on an excellent match, chaps.

Little Hoover

Quote from: greencalx on August 29, 2009, 11:51:04 AM
LMC's last shot is probably the shot of the tournament, but I felt Miles had the edge on consistency.

This I agree with it's so hard, because I think Miles was winning for the first 2 shots, but LMC's last is just astonishingly good it almost deserves to win. Damn you both for being so good.

so I vote for Miles

chocky909

I have decided that Lookalike Mark Chapman deserves to win despite Miles' amazing efforts. His first was the funniest and the last the most impressive visually.

Fry

Miles. The third shot was incredible. Forsyth's Aga was my favourite shot of the rally mind if that's any consolation with due respect.

DocDaneeka

Tricky, but LMC gets my vote, I just love the aga one.

sproggy

Very good and very close, but Chappers just nudges I reckon.

Lookalike Mark Chapman for me, even his patchiest shot had a whiff of inspiration to it

If I was voting for Eno-like consistency, then obviously Miles

wherearethespoons

I'm going to sound like everyone else by saying it's been hard, but it really has - that's why it's taken me so long to vote. LMC gets my vote.

Well played everyone this year. You're all winners in a way*.

*Technically not true.

Miles.

I was finding it impossible to decide, so I tossed a coin.

ziggy starbucks

voting over!

Lookalike Mark Chapman wins wimblemong 2009!

well done LMC and Miles!

Spoiler alert
I count 24-15
[close]

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Well done to both of you, it was great to watch.

And thanks to all the rest of you for making the effort.

One can only hope LMC hasn't traded in a Masters in Architecture for winning Wimblemong.

Jemble Fred

I might enter next year, as long as I get knocked out in the first round, it must take oceans of time to make these winning offerings.

Baxter

Miles

Excellent stuff LMC, well done sir!

Many thanks to Ziggy for keeping everything in order this year, he is a jolly good fellow.

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

A rookie winning Wimblemong! Well I never!

Obviously I should have won. But LMC is quite good too, so that's all right.

chocky909

...to LMC and also big thanks to Ziggy for doing such a stirling/sterling/streebling job. Three cheers... Hip hip...

greencalx

Quote from: Jemble Fred on August 30, 2009, 03:37:37 PM

Not sure why, but as I scrolled down past that, my first thought was that it was a turd shooting out of a bottle.

Fucking hell, really? Hooray! Aww, thanks everyone! I'm so chuffed, honestly. I thought I was screwed drawing jutl in round one, me being a Wimblemong virgin and all. It's been a weird old muddle through to the final. I absolutely take what people said about consistency - I didn't give enough time to my second shot, so I'm glad some of you appear to have got it. But anyway! Thank you to ziggy for organising, thank you to Miles for being brilliant (and so beautifully sporting), thanks to everyone else I played against, and thank you to everyone who voted for me along the way. If you didn't vote for me then, I'm sorry - but democracy has both failed you and proved you wrong.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to drink Jemble's turd in a bottle and eat Baxter's massive homocake.

Rich
x