Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:22:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Disasters

Started by An tSaoi, August 23, 2009, 02:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on June 28, 2011, 12:02:01 PM

Bloody hell, how utterly tasteless is that.

I'm no Diana fanboy, far from it, but that's just disturbing. Surely even those who liked the woman would find that creepy as fuck.

jaydee81

I just saw this amazing pre-Photoshop disaster. Not sure if it qualifies as its slapdash cut and pastery is quite charming. It does look like something you'd knock up in MS Paint in 20 seconds now though.

actwithoutwords

http://twitpic.com/63lli8

That can't be a photo can it? Various sizes of bricks, fire without there really being anything that's burning, and a bit of a window.

Big Jack McBastard

The fire looks like it's coming through a gap in the wall, so I'm assuming the inside is burning at some level of ferocity. It does look weird but the glows are rather well done if it's a fake. Though I agree the center of the wall being on fire looks off, I suppose the wind catching the flames could explain that odd optical quirk, it also explains the lack of flames at the front.

The window at the bottom is dubious, looks like a layer of bricks at a low opacity has been slapped over it and left in.

Harpo Speaks

Centre of the wall? Aren't the brick shapes the gaps in a metal shutter?

Big Jack McBastard

It looks as if there's a gap built into the wall like the kind you get where scratters try and knock them down so they build them in groups of columns right next to each other so they don't have to redo the whole thing if some herbert does decide to do it.

To my eye that (a garage?) looks like it was built a similar way and the inside is a proper hell zone, the wind is blowing across it which is distorting the view of the wall obscuring some of the edges of the bricks. The window on the right is distorted around the edges but on it's bottom left it also looks like someone was maybe trying to photoshop out an ad or something and dragged a thin layer of flamey brick over it as I find it hard to believe any fire might distort it like that.

I see the shutter on the front looks quite bricky now but if there's another shutter on the right then where does it end? The window won't allow for it.

actwithoutwords

Quote from: Harpo Speaks on August 09, 2011, 11:49:30 PM
Centre of the wall? Aren't the brick shapes the gaps in a metal shutter?

I think that's what's giving me the headache. If it's a metal shutter though you can't see it in the top right where there are no flames. Also it would mean the metal shutter is behind the glass, which is maybe a bit odd. There seems to be no depth to the middle of the photo, which is why I think it looks like layers of photoshoppery. Actually the bottom frame of the window doesn't line up either side of the policeman either. At the very least, it's two angles of the same thing stitched together, with the seam being the middle policeman. The angle and size of everything to the left of the middle policeman doesn't line up with the right.

Doomy Dwyer

It does look weird, but this looks like the same spot but a different angle -

Big Jack McBastard

Yeah you're right, I just clocked that when I saw Neils vid, the corner of the 'New lines added' sign is right there.

...and I just got new glasses too.

alan nagsworth

Something still doesn't add up. As actwithoutwords said, either side of the middle policeman, the background is at a different angle in places, which would suggest that the Free transform > Warp tool had been applied to the best possible effect (that tool can be a bit sketchy) and so some of the horizontal shutter bars line up okay, but other's don't. Check out mah black linez:

Also highlighted is what looks like a dodgy seam in the shutters above the copper's head that would bring together this theory.

Puffin Chunks

Also, in that second picture there, it clearly looks like the building ends to the left of the window, where as in the photo in the Daily Mail, it looks like the building continues. In fact, it looks like the right hand side of the same window has been pasted onto the left hand side of the image. The bricks appear to change colour in a rather unnatural straight line, perhaps where the image has been comped.

alan nagsworth

You're right, I didn't notice that. There's just a quite stark line where the colour of the bricks changes entirely to show the glow of the fire on the right-hand section, but the dimensions of the wall don't change so why does the glow simply stop there?

actwithoutwords

That straight line in the brick is actually the corner of the building. One of the comped photos has been taken at a diagonal angle. So the building continuing on, is continuing on around the corner at a right angle to the front.

momatt

Marty McFly

Quick Sunday Morning Mong of my own. Disaster? You tell me. That wall on the left needs finishing off, Moira.

(original story here)

FiLLthEE MonkEE

Bottom of the shit heap:

Shit marks the crap house.

George White

Abnormal photoshop on Burt Reynolds' Innocent Kiss - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9642038/mediaviewer/rm2085132289/

Stars cowboy hatted Catherine Sewell was in  Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and also in Forrest entertainment's Tobaccoland: Before (2012), acc. to composer Bret Mosley' imdb is listed twice https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3740179/ 

Mosley was in 2004 vidshort Annversary  by letterboxd's Rhonda Keyser https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1359960/?ref_=rvi_nm , who was in  tubi's  Josh klausner's Wanderland (2018 - https://www.villagevoice.com/2017/10/05/wanderland-and-the-rise-of-the-indie-musical/) and tubi's Think of me, What Martha Said (2016) and An Unpredictable Thing (2001), Validation 2021 and HBO's Project Greenlight