Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 06:54:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Derren Brown: The Events

Started by ozziechef, September 07, 2009, 02:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle TechTip

I can't be arsed doing the maths but that sounds like he'll need more predictions in his jacket than there are atoms in the universe.

biggytitbo

Well if he got 5 numbers right, (to make it look more authentic) he'd need 55,000 envelopes. A lot of envelopes but not impossible to arrange.

JesusAndYourBush

As long as all 6 "predictions" are revealed after he's written down all 6 (rather than us seeing each number as he writes it), then assuming he'll be guessing each number just seconds before it's revealed he only has to guess the first number (writing each number on a seperate card maybe), then for each subsequent guess he's writing down the number of the previous ball announced.  Sleight of hand the top card to the bottom of the pile and hey presto!  5 out of 6 correct!

Pseudopath

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on September 09, 2009, 02:02:15 PM
As long as all 6 "predictions" are revealed after he's written down all 6 (rather than us seeing each number as he writes it), then assuming he'll be guessing each number just seconds before it's revealed he only has to guess the first number (writing each number on a seperate card maybe), then for each subsequent guess he's writing down the number of the previous ball announced.  Sleight of hand the top card to the bottom of the pile and hey presto!  5 out of 6 correct!

Unlike the original card trick upon which this method is based, Derren won't be able to force the first number, so one possible pitfall is that the initial 'dummy prediction' might end up getting drawn at some point. He could get round this by making another random guess with one of the later balls, but if that came out too it could quickly become a nightmare (well, it would for my feeble mind, maybe not for Derren's).

The other problem is that every man and his dog knows the original card trick and would see through it in a flash. It also wouldn't really warrant an hour-long 'reveal' on Friday (followed by a full repeat 90 minutes later).

JesusAndYourBush

Yes, I did think that it wouldn't need an hour long reveal.  No trick really takes that long to reveal though, unless you pad it out with a load of waffle.

It'll probably be a secret hidden printer then!

The Masked Unit

I think he'll hide a printer up his bum.

The Masked Unit

Or down his cock end, and spunk the numbers up.

Artemis

He will almost certainly do a weird mouth thing and spew out a piece of paper with the five numbers from a SECRET PRINTER inserted into his guts. The hour long reveal will be how in the fuck he got it in there v

Craig Torso

Last night I had a dream that Derren Brown and my friend Jen created a giant monster which destroyed the city but it all turned out to be a trick.  So I reckon that's what it is.

buntyman

I think the trick will be that while he's got everyone in the UK fixated on his seemingly live broadcast predicting the wrong lottery numbers, he'll actually be robbing millions out of deserted bank safes. he'll show himself actually live in the final minute of the 15min show clutching piles of nicker and nodding knowingly.

biggytitbo

I reckon ther trick will be that whilst he has everyone in the UK fixated on his live broadcast predicting the wrong lottery numbers he'll be stealing your underpants.

Blue Jam

Are Derren Brown's Tweets another distraction? I think they may be...

Depressed Beyond Tables

But the Lotto isn't live anyway is it?

Depressed Beyond Tables

The balls will all be 9.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhh!

Rev

Just noticed that an E4 repeat of Evening of Wonders finishes at the same time the C4 thing does.  Perhaps I'm being overly suspicious, but...

biggytitbo

The BBC should have broadcast the draw earlier so as to ruin the whole trick.

MissInformed

Derren Brown excitedly squeaking "the balls are dropping!"

Depressed Beyond Tables

Kazuo Kiriyama

It would have been undeniably wildly impressive if he'd shown his before they'd done the draw, but the second he said "oh we can't show you until the BBC have done the draw," I deflated. This is just a hyped up version of the trick where you draw someone's secret picture onto a pad.

Rev

Projector balls.  Projector ball things.

weirdbeard

I don't care if he's cheated his way through that, that was a piece of work.  Dramatic, tense, impressive.

Neil

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 09, 2009, 10:43:43 PM
It would have been undeniably wildly impressive if he'd shown his before they'd done the draw, but the second he said "oh we can't show you until the BBC have done the draw," I deflated. This is just a hyped up version of the trick where you draw someone's secret picture onto a pad.

Yep.  The hour-long show on Friday will be the misdirection, that was just a standard magic trick, now it'll be dressed up as something else.  A year of his life, my cock.

biggytitbo

That it? That's the sort of basic magic trick Paul Daniels used to do in the 80s. What a load of shite!

madhair60

Emma Raducanu

They got a midget to change the balls. He was so small you could barely see him.

thugler

Quote from: Kazuo Kiriyama on September 09, 2009, 10:43:43 PM

But how would the ping pong balls have had numbers appearing on them? SECRET PRINTERS!??!?!?!?!?!11

Jaffit

What a boring load of shit. 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

MissInformed

Fuck. Shit. Neville predicted that he had predicted it before he even predicted it.

niat

That was cool. Those hidden printers inside the balls must have been tiny!

Enjoyed the Peep Show trailer afterwards, too.