Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:55:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The "New" Doctor Who Thread

Started by boxofslice, October 21, 2009, 09:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I should stress that my last two posts in this thread were parodying that attitude. To be honest I think most of the posts in the thread are.

Jemble Fred

It's all part of the fun! Admittedly, Moffatt seems to be making it child's play though.

Danger Man

QuoteNew Dr Who Matt Smith will probably let his mind time-travel back to the 1990s when he pitches up in Northampton this month on his UK tour to promote the Time Lord's upcoming series.

It was in Northampton - his home town - where his promising football career began in the 90s, only for a serious injury to end it.

"I played for the Cobblers - that's Northampton Town's nickname - as a kid and dreamed of turning pro," says Matt, 27. "Sadly, it didn't happen but I still follow the team and have fond memories of playing in the town."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/03/10/doctor-who-star-matt-smith-going-back-to-hometown-of-northampton-on-time-lord-tour-to-promote-new-show-115875-22099235/

Maybe the producers saw 'Can play football' in his CV (underneath 'fencing' and 'horseriding', the skills that all actors have to have) and thought they should make use of it.

Jack Shaftoe

Excellent, that means we can expect to see Mark Heap as the new Master - juggling, knife throwing, and speaking medieval French.

Actually that might work.

papalaz4444244

Quote from: Talulah, really! on March 10, 2010, 09:49:27 AM

You're right and here it is....

Amy recovering from her ordeal on planet Sapphos
Fixed that for you.....

Amy recovering from her ordeal on planet Sapphos

purlieu

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on March 10, 2010, 11:26:47 AM
Excellent, that means we can expect to see Mark Heap as the new Master - juggling, knife throwing, and speaking medieval French.

Actually that might work.
I want to see this now.

papalaz4444244

Quote from: purlieu on March 10, 2010, 06:12:19 PM
I want to see this now.
I STILL say Mark Heap should play the meddling Monk......

mycroft

Quote from: papalaz4444244 on March 10, 2010, 06:25:48 PM

Yeah, and Kevin Eldon should be the Master. Even if it's as terrifying as Ken Campbell's audition for the seventh Doctor apparently was.

weekender

Quote from: papalaz4444244 on March 10, 2010, 06:25:48 PM

I haven't seen you say that before, but that's a fucking awesome idea.

If we're trying to think of actors who can play fictional characters in episodes of Doctor Who that won't get made, who can we get to play Abslom Daak in my fantasy blood-fest with confusing moral behaviour episode?  I'm struggling to think of anyone who could get the right level of anger and heartwarm, apart from WWE Wrestler CM Punk and I'm probably only thinking of him because he has a beard already.  Note to others: try and think of people who don't have beards but could grow them for the part.

I'm all over the place with this, sorry.

Tokyo Sexwhale

Quote from: non capisco on March 10, 2010, 12:22:33 AM
"Eleven Doctors! There's only eleven Doctors!"

My Who XI 4-4-2 formation:

Baker C

McCoy                    Eccleston                         Baker T                Troughton

Pertwee                  Smith                              Hartnell                 Davison

Tennant                          McGann   

papalaz4444244

Quote from: weekender on March 10, 2010, 07:34:58 PM
I haven't seen you say that before, but that's a fucking awesome idea.
I realise now it was a while ago. I remember I did this graphic for CaB in Nov 2008

lipsink

So Amy is
Spoiler alert
Scottish then? I thought she sounded English in the ad.
[close]

biggytitbo

They said she was Scottish ages ago didn't they? Maybe they toned dow the accent so she doesn't sound like a bag lady?

The new Tardis interior sounds interesting to say the least.

ozziechef

And a Wii game (you just know it will be awful)

QuoteNintendo has signed a £10 million contract to bring Doctor Who to Wii and DS consoles, according to tabloid reports.

The Sun says that the company plans to have the game, which will be based around Matt Smith's Doctor, in shops in time for Christmas 2010.

"This has been in the pipeline for years," an insider is quoted as saying. "We're delighted to have finally nailed down a deal.

"We went with Nintendo as they have huge appeal for families and Doctor Who is very much a family brand. The Wii console is key for us as it's something families play together."

The BBC is apparently keen to monitor the game closely and has rejected anything too violent.

The insider continued: "BBC Worldwide, which licenses BBC shows, has been trying to find some way of doing it. But you can't have Doctor Who blowing things to bits with a laser gun. That would massively change the nature of the show."

lipsink

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 12, 2010, 10:27:14 AM
The new Tardis interior sounds interesting to say the least.

It certainly does!
Spoiler alert
Sounds like early 1960s meets 1980s.
[close]

The Roofdog

Quote from: ozziechef on March 12, 2010, 10:39:54 AM
And a Wii game (you just know it will be awful)

I hope it's not just one of those generic puzzlers with the Doctor Who logo on it again. If ever a TV show leant itself to a big sprawling 3rd person RPG, this is it... You could get all the old Doctors in to do voice work rather than that Big Finish shite they waste their time on.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: The Roofdog on March 12, 2010, 08:23:44 PM
If ever a TV show leant itself to a big sprawling 3rd person RPG, this is it...

Maybe if it was going cross-platform, rather than being stuck in The Happy Ghetto. You just know that Wii controller's going to be a sonic screwdriver...

Ambient Sheep

Wow, how quiet has this thread suddenly got?  I had to go searching for it!  Anyway...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s7/doctor-who/news/a209476/doctor-who-confirmed-for-xmas-sixth-series.html

so I guess the BBC must have liked what they've seen so far.

biggytitbo

Wooo!

The press screening is on tonight too. Matt and Karen will be interviewed on E24 at 6:30.

papalaz4444244

It's getting close to episode 1 so I'm avoiding any more spoilers and stuff.

boxofslice

Ooh, ooh, that was little bit exciting the clip they just showed.

biggytitbo

So that's
Spoiler alert
Amy
[close]
as a kid then? It's a bit Girl in the fireplace isnt it?

papalaz4444244

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 18, 2010, 06:53:08 PM
So that's
Spoiler alert
Amy
[close]
as a kid then? It's a bit Girl in the fireplace isnt it?
LOL Good spoiler that one. I wonder which character with 3 letters in their name that might be? haha!

mycroft

papalaz4444244

Quote from: mycroft on March 18, 2010, 07:31:39 PM
Bok from 'The Daemons'?
Yes. After that Bok spoiler, here is an interview with Matt Smith and a CLIP of episode 1. It does NOT however feature Bok. Sorry.

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/Cameron-K-McEwan/?action=view&current=blogtor-temp-14.flv

mycroft

biggytitbo

weekender

Matt Smith comes across VERY well in that interview; Gillan doesn't.

Maybe she's really good in it though, that would be nice.  I just think that Matt Smith absolutely mastered the interview in terms of his understand of The Doctor and what it's about, including the interview performance from a regional news perspective, and Gillan didn't add a lot, basically.

sirhenry

"Five minutes"? I can't guess how that will turn out.