Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The "New" Doctor Who Thread

Started by boxofslice, October 21, 2009, 09:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Roofdog

biggytitbo

They both come across as being fairly eccentric and excited compared to previous RTD era actors.

papalaz4444244

I have to say I am very confident now in Matt Smith, he seems like a proper oddball actor, perfect for the part.

(OK, it looks like Moffat is starting with a recycled idea..... I hope that's the only one.)

biggytitbo

lizo mzimba:
Spoiler alert
Ooh. New series trailer. Spitfires dog fighting in space. Cybermen! Stonehenge. Roman centurions. Weeping Angel!!!!
[close]

Sounds like Moffat is bringing back more old monsters than RTD would ever dare do!

biggytitbo

biggytitbo

The Sun gives away the entire plot in their review. It's very Moffat-ian.

variant

QuoteDo I get the impression Lizo isn't that enthusiastic?

His writing is bloody dreadful, it's almost in note form. And he keeps starting sentences with 'And' which is just irritating.

Bingo Fury

Those interviews reminded of the Bill-Nighy-for-Doctor proponents from when before Ecclestone got the part. Is this the kind of Doctor they visualised? Because I think I'm going to really like him.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

I posted this, like a dick, in the DW no-spoilers thread earlier. Here it is again for those who don't mind finding out details about the forthcoming series. It's the official blurb for the second episode, The Beast Below.

QuoteThe Doctor takes Amy to the distant future, where she finds Britain in space. Starship UK houses the future of the British people, as they search the stars for a new home. But as Amy explores, she encounters the terrifying Smilers and learns a deadly truth inside the Voting Booth.

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith and Amy Pond by Karen Gillan.

Episode two is written by Steven Moffat.

We're keeping this thread going, right?

biggytitbo

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 25, 2010, 03:02:49 PM
I posted this, like a dick, in the DW no-spoilers thread earlier. Here it is again for those who don't mind finding out details about the forthcoming series. It's the official blurb for the second episode, The Beast Below.

We're keeping this thread going, right?
They aren't spoilers is its an Official BBC press release.

You have a point there. Just ignore me, always and forever.

sirhenry

QuoteThe Doctor takes Amy to the distant future, where she finds Britain in space. Starship UK houses the future of the British people, as they search the stars for a new home. But as Amy explores, she encounters the terrifying Smilers and learns a deadly truth inside the Voting Booth.
How soon before the election is this going out?

Jemble Fred

Wow, I didn't know about that Coronation Street 'biopic', that looks great! Made by ITV for BBC4, what an oddity.

I know, that's the first of me hearing about it too. Could potentially be great. It is bizarre that ITV haven't produced it for themselves though.

What did you think of the Lennon clip? Hard to tell really...

Jemble Fred

Seems to be taking a new angle at least. And Eccleston is the world's greatest living actor, so.... gear.

biggytitbo

Doctor Who's bum...at last!

Not convinced sadly by him as Lennon, but I will be watching.

Other sightings of Doctor Who's bum can be found in the BBC drama, Recovery, starring David Tennant.

Can anyone else think of exciting sightings of Doctor Who's bum?

The tragic thing is, I'm almost certain we've had this conversation before.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on March 26, 2010, 10:16:21 AM
Other sightings of Doctor Who's bum can be found in the BBC drama, Recovery, starring David Tennant.

I WANT TO SEE COLIN BAKER'S BUM.

I'm sure that can be arranged.

Jemble Fred

There's always Jude, of course. Even a trio of dead children can't take away the wonder of Winslet's pneumatic boobs.

kittens

Is that the one where he shits in a bucket? It was ace.

biggytitbo

We have had this conversation before because I demanded to know where I could see a Doctor Who's willy and never received a satisfactory answer.

Quote from: kittens on March 26, 2010, 10:30:08 AM
Is that the one where he shits in a bucket? It was ace.

I don't recall Doctor Who shitting in a bucket (which is odd, as that's not the sort of thing you'd forget in a hurry), but I do remember Doctor Who having a wank in that.

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 26, 2010, 11:02:08 AMWe have had this conversation before because I demanded to know where I could see a Doctor Who's willy and never received a satisfactory answer.

Unfortunately, the aforementioned wank was filmed above the waist. Sorry Biggy. 

Tom Baker in Life And Loves of a She-Devil, if you're interested.

Quote from: biggytitbo on March 26, 2010, 11:02:08 AM
We have had this conversation before because I demanded to know where I could see a Doctor Who's willy and never received a satisfactory answer.

Your best bet is probably Pasolini's Canterbury Tales.  Tom Baker again.  I hear there's a full frontal shot, although can't confirm, not having watched more than a few clips of it.

Yup, that traumatised me as a child, seeing Doctor Who humping Julie T. Wallace with abandon. But sadly for Biggy, you don't see his willy. 

There's a shot of David Tennant with his cock out easily discoverable online. I'm not searching for it at work obviously.

VegaLA

Quote from: Lookalike Mark Chapman on March 26, 2010, 12:29:47 PM
There's a shot of David Tennant with his cock out easily discoverable online. I'm not searching for it at work obviously.

You mean you can't access your personal HardDrive from work.

mycroft

Sylvester McCoy had his old chap out in some stage show or other not long after Who had come to an end, helpfully published in one of our fine tabloid newspapers when they were outraged at the naughty bits in some New Adventures book or other.