Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

zsnes mario kart league (or some other multi player game)

Started by daimoniac, December 02, 2009, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daimoniac

just wondering if anyone would be up for this - get some people signing up, then we can have a battle game league over t'interweb

or blow the shite out of each other in super bomberman just for a laugh

if anyone's up for it, feel free to respond :)

ziggy starbucks

Mr_Simnock

What sort of electronic jigeery pokery is needed to partake in this wondrous new gaming net fest? I have a PC and a web connection, will that do or do I need one of those new fangled consoles?

ziggy starbucks

all you need is zsnes, the emulator from http://www.zsnes.com/

then you need a controller for your pc

then you need a copy of the super mario kart game file which can be provided by myself if you cannae find it

simples!

daimoniac

aye, once you have zsnes, you can either use your keyboard as a controller or a gamepad if you prefer.

i'll flick through the roms and clag a RAR file together to sendspace over thiis of various driving / fighting / other multiplayer style games (mario kart, bomberman, streetfighter 2, owt else with a decent versus / multiplayer mode on it)

incidentally, ive got around 760 roms if anyone wants anything theyve not got i'll sort something out  if ive got it :)

PAGATRON

Ahhh the irony, I have a Mac not a PC.

But I have Mario Kart(DS) and Bomberman(PS3, DS)

Marvin

madhair60

SNES Mario Kart's only for two.  Bomberman'd be good but we might as well just play one of the Flash clones, like Boomberman.  Or we could play Tetris Attack, that'd be good.  I'd destroy you all.

daimoniac

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Shitty motion controls. And the fact that I never win at it.

weekender

Oh, and the AI is way too biased towards the losers.  Fair point.

babyshambler

ziggy starbucks

I'm pretty sure this is the game file for mario kart on the zsnes

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oiubif

it doesn't need to be unzipped, just stick it in your game folder as it is and load it up

daimoniac

i'll figure out the details for this tomorrow and stuff -

so from what i gather we have me, ziggy, weekender (possibly), madhair & claude... let me know if its wrong :)

weekender

If someone can recommend me a controller that's practically identical to the SNES controller, then I'll get one and beat you all.

daimoniac

i believe at one point they actually did a USB to snes pad converter - however, the one ime using at the moment is more like a playstation one

NoSleep

Quote from: weekender on December 06, 2009, 11:48:01 AM
If someone can recommend me a controller that's practically identical to the SNES controller, then I'll get one and beat you all.

Most generic USB gamepads will be suitable, and should be configurable with ZSNES (if it's like any of the other SNES emulators).

ZSNES is for Intel Macs only, so no online gaming for me.

Anyone for a game of Urban Terror?

weekender

I've picked up one on Amazon for a fiver, so will be able to give you all a beating when it turns up and I've got used to the controls - there is no way I can use the keys.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

You can use the keyboard, but we'll point and laugh at you.

weekender

I've tried that and I can't do it.  Jump turns are impossible.

daimoniac

Quote from: NoSleep on December 06, 2009, 02:26:09 PM
Most generic USB gamepads will be suitable, and should be configurable with ZSNES (if it's like any of the other SNES emulators).

ZSNES is for Intel Macs only, so no online gaming for me.

Anyone for a game of Urban Terror?

i dunno about urban terror, its an FPS isnt it?

NoSleep

Quote from: daimoniac on December 06, 2009, 05:55:22 PM
i dunno about urban terror, its an FPS isnt it?

Yes it's an FPS, it's free, and I can play it on my computer against others on Windows, Linux & Mac OS X. It is also fun. There's an online game browser within the game itself and lots of people playing it.

edit: Perhaps I should stop hijacking this thread and start another for UrT.

NoSleep

ah.... no need; this is for all multiplayer games.

So... anyone up for some Urban Terror?

sirhenry

My chauffeur and I are up for some Mario Kart - if we can work out how to connect the zsnes to the internet.

daimoniac

ive just had a scan through the documents, and you have to get v1.41 to get it to connect to the net (they discontinued the netplay aspect after that. i was thinking about that snes9x thing as well, but i'll have to figure that one out from scratch.

NoSleep

Quote from: sirhenry on December 07, 2009, 01:03:06 PM
My chauffeur and I are up for some Mario Kart - if we can work out how to connect the zsnes to the internet.

For Mac users only:

1. Get BSNES here
2. Also get Emulator Enhancer here (this permits network play and add joystick/gamepad compatibility)
3. PM/Skype me, or post here, for a game.

NoSleep

Likewise (still for Mac only), for Gameboy/GBC games online go here
And GB Advance here

Both with Emulator Enhancer again.

Name your game and (for the SNES, GB & GBC at least) I will probably be able to find it.

edit: no network play for GB or GBA, sadly.

NoSleep

However, there is network play for the NES on the Mac (again, with Emulator Enhancer).

daimoniac