Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

zsnes mario kart league (or some other multi player game)

Started by daimoniac, December 02, 2009, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Quote from: daimoniac on December 08, 2009, 02:03:33 PM
will the mac emulator connect to zsnes fer windows?

Somehow, I figure it won't. You'd possibly be better off looking at an emulator with inbuilt online capability that has been ported from Windows to Mac. ZSNES is Intel Macs only, so I can't try that, but perhaps there's a NES emulator on both platforms out there.

weekender

Reminders as we're near the top of a new page.  Thanks to Ziggy for the original links.

Original ZSnes program:

http://www.zsnes.com/

Link to ZSnes V1.42n, the latest version which supported netplay.

http://linksadventure.no-ip.biz/programs/zsnesw142n.zip

I just pasted the extracted file over the existing ZSnes file and it all seems to work fine, including potential server configuration for internet play.

Link to Super Mario Kart ROM:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/oiubif

I also have a nice new fan-cooled gamepad, which seems to work quite well.

All this leaves is two questions:

1. Does anyone have any sort of save-state file with all the courses unlocked?  Not sure I can be arsed completing all the courses at the moment.

2. Does anyone want to try and play with me?  I'll be around between 7 and 9 pm this evening.  We both need the same version of ZSnes so make sure you're using the things as posted above.  Probably useful if you read the 'netplay' document included in the main program as well, so we all know what we're doing.

rudi

When I inpack SMK only a tiny doc pops out. What am I doing wrong?

weekender

You don't need to unzip the SMK file, just stick the zip file in any directory you want (I have one called ROMs under the ZSnes directory) then navigate to that location in ZSnes and the game should appear.

rudi

daimoniac

if anyones about over the next few days i'll drop into the irc before the CaB radio kicks off & try to get a netplay going if anyone's interested

Wiggy

NoSleep, (or anyone else) do you know if there's a snes emulator I can use on my old Mac G4 running OSX 10.2.8? Cheers.

NoSleep

They have all moved on from the days of 10.2.8, but there should be some archives around that still have versions written when G4s and 10.2 were the new thing. Emulation tends to embrace the fastest, newest hardware & OS. I may have some old version hanging about on a CD somewhere, if you get no joy. However, they will probably not allow network play.

Wiggy

Thanks NoSleep, i'll see whats out there.

I actulaly posted a wanted message for a snes on freecycle recently so I could play all my old games again (my snes broke ages ago), so maybe that will come up trumps.

NoSleep

Why not fork out for an old SNES? I got myself a NES a little while back and it only cost me £20 or so, on Amazon.

In the meantime have a look around for SNES9x; that's the emulator I used to go with on my old G4. Perhaps the latest version might work on an old G4 under 10.2; I don't know.
Anyway, I've dug out two old dmgs of earlier versions of SNES9x for you to try:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318457/SNES9X%20custom%201.42%20%28v49%29.dmg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/318457/SNES9X.dmg

Wiggy

Yeah well I thought i'd try for a freebie first as i'm a bit broke but if no joy there then i'll look out for a cheap one.

Thanks, i'll give those a go when i'm home.

NoSleep

ziggy starbucks

shall we start then......

I'm itching to kick some arse/have my arse kicked (delete as appropriate)

daimoniac

damn straight - i'll be in the chat tonight - we can go from there :)

ziggy starbucks

When do we start leaguing?

Whom will I league with?

What is the nature of the league?

Races or battles or both?

What constitutes a win and a defeat?

Why don't people do mongs anymore?

Who is the president?

Does God exist?

Why do I get an overwhelming desire to kill myself?

When will I stop feeling terrible pain in my back and balls?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

daimoniac

i'll clag a format together for the league as soon as i know whow many we have and that it all works for everyone

a round of races, a round of battle games alternating sounds ok

in races 2 pints for a win, nowt for a loss

in battle games, 1 point for a win plus one point for however many hits you still have after winning, again nowt fer a loss...

on a side note ive also got micro machines...

daimoniac

well, me and boki tried to get the netplay on the go, and it failed.. didnt connect. currently looking into a means of getting this working.

boki

PIRACY IS BAD MM'KAY

Spoiler alert
Although I'm pretty sure there's still a SNES and Mario Kart cartridge in this house somewhere, so I'm probably alright, Jack
[close]

buntyman

Do any of the Mario Kart lovers here have Mario Kart on the Wii? I've only just got it but it seems perfect for some multiplayer party fun. You can even pick your own created Mii character as your Kart driver and I think you can have up to 12 people in a race. There'll be an initial labourious process of exchanging friend codes but after that I can't imagine the laughs letting up.

mook

Quote from: buntyman on December 12, 2009, 05:19:55 PM
Do any of the Mario Kart lovers here have Mario Kart on the Wii? I've only just got it but it seems perfect for some multiplayer party fun. You can even pick your own created Mii character as your Kart driver and I think you can have up to 12 people in a race. There'll be an initial labourious process of exchanging friend codes but after that I can't imagine the laughs letting up.

I have - but so does weekender and apparently he's shit hot at it, and the thought of losing repeatedly to him makes me want to cry.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

mook

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on December 12, 2009, 05:37:16 PM
I don't have it and am merely shit at it.

I can see that not having the game might hinder your progress somewhat.

I am however almost fucking unbeatable on 3 on 3 basketball on sports resort - but you can't play that fucker online.

buntyman

Quote from: mook on December 12, 2009, 05:35:59 PM
I have - but so does weekender and apparently he's shit hot at it, and the thought of losing repeatedly to him makes me want to cry.

We should give it a try anyway. Obviously if weekender wins, we'll have to admit we've made a mistake and move onto another game but there's potentially a grand old time to be had. Does anyone know how to unlock your own Mii character to select as your racer?

My friend code is: 2837-0550-8492

I don't really have any reason to dislike weekender, our paths have only really crossed when he's alerted me to seinfeld and reggie perrin dvd bargains so I like him, frankly

mook

I like him too, I just couldn't handle the bastard thrashing me and then gloating about it. Actually, it would be even worse if he didn't gloat publicly, but just chuckled to himself as he laps me constantly.*

*I could really have phrased those final ten words better, but there you go.

I'll post my code later, my girlfriend is watching something on the telly via iPlayer.

EDIT...

QuoteDoes anyone know how to unlock your own Mii character to select as your racer?

... to play as you mii you need to win the 100cc special cup.

weekender

I am definitely up for some Mario Kart Wii action.  Let me know when you want to play - I'm free most of tomorrow.  Friend code to follow.

weekender

0387-9978-3867

I will be available from about 5pm.

In keeping with the tone of the thread, please note that adding me as a friend on Mario Kart Wii does not mean we are actually friends.

keith bland

Hello.

I will play against you guys on Mario Kart Wii if you like but I don't know how to do it so please let me know if you would like me to play against you and then I will work out how to do it before 5pm. My special number is 3266-5607-6545 but if I am allowed to play is it ok if I don't use the steering wheel and use the classic controller instead even though that is sort of cheating a little bit? Because I find the steering wheel too difficult to use really. I was going to play on Zelda but this will probably be much more fun but I don't know how good I am compared with other people of course! So if you tell me that I can play with you guys I will look on the internet and find out how to do it then.

Keith

weekender

It doesn't matter what controller you're using when you play against me, you'll lose anyway.

You're more than welcome to play though!

Here's an easy guide on how to play online (assumes you have the WiFi already set up):

Load up Mario Kart
Select Nintendo WFC - 1 or 2 players
Click Friends
Click Register Friend Code
Type in Friend Code

Both players must have done the above otherwise it won't work.  I have added buntyman and Keith, now they need to do the same with my code.

Once that's done, someone needs to create a room (I will do this at the earlier of 5pm or when I've finished having a bath), then I think it's just a case of being invited.

Anyone else up for a blast?

Please also note that after a few grand prixs I will want a cigarette so there may be a short pause between games.