Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:37:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

zsnes mario kart league (or some other multi player game)

Started by daimoniac, December 02, 2009, 11:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daimoniac

i think i may have figured out the problem with my version of zsnes -  if anyone fancies giving this a go tonight i'll pop into the chatroom soon

(basically, i balled up the port forwarding and it was confusing the zsnes program)

weekender

Current Mario Kart Wii stats for weekender:

Played 16
Won 16
Lost 0

buntyman

Yeah as predicted, you were a million times better than us. You might as well have been doing time trials for the amount of times you saw any of your competitors. How do you go so much faster? Special vehicle or just mastered the drift boost thing? Keith and myself (also a Keith) had some tight finishes for the closely contested 2nd spot anyway so it wasn't completely soul destroying. I had to head off for tea after a couple of GPs but would be keen to try it again. Maybe weekender could be handicapped with DK and a shite car

ziggy starbucks

my code is 0216-3390-6709

I've added bunts, keith and weeks so hopefully I can join in the fun at some point very soon. When shall we next reconvene?

keith bland

Hello.

That was really great fun. I was easily the worst player out of all three of us because I came last in every race pretty much but it was still great fun to play the game like that. Hopefully more people will join in the next time we do that because it would probably be even more fun with more people playing the game like that.

Buntyman and weekender were both really good and in the end it was just me and weekender and the only time I ever saw weekender was at the start of the race! After the start of the race I didn't see weekender once!

Anyway I had a great time so thank you weekender and Buntyman for those races that we had and I will definitely practise more on this game so that I'm not so rubbish at it.

Keith

boki

I might join in the wii-fest, but I'll leave it a bit until you need a new whipping boy to freshen things up a bit, as I am truly atrocious.

weekender

Quote from: buntymanHow do you go so much faster?

Do you really think I'm going to tell you? To do a super-start, hit the accelerate button just after the '2' starts fading away.

QuoteSpecial vehicle or just mastered the drift boost thing?

Heh, I was playing automatic to go easy.  I can do the drift boost thing, but it takes a lot more effort.

QuoteMaybe weekender could be handicapped with DK and a shite car.

Or you could just improve with regular practice?

Quote from: ziggy starbucksI've added bunts, keith and weeks so hopefully I can join in the fun at some point very soon. When shall we next reconvene?

Ziggy, you can't reconvene as you haven't convened yet. 

I'm happy for another blast at some point this evening if anyone's interested?

keith bland

Hello.

I have just added you, ziggy starbucks, on to my friends list on the game so we will be able to race against each other the next time we play the game like that. Unfortunately I can't play anymore tonight because I have to get ready to go out in a minute but hopefully we can all do that again soon like maybe in the week one evening.

Keith

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: weekender on December 13, 2009, 07:30:38 PM

I'm happy for another blast at some point this evening if anyone's interested?

how about a few races at 9pm?

weekender

Yep, I can do that, probably only until about 9.45pm at the latest if that's OK?  Being ugly I have to sleep earlier and earlier these days.

ziggy starbucks

Quote from: weekender on December 13, 2009, 08:35:02 PM
Yep, I can do that, probably only until about 9.45pm at the latest if that's OK?  Being ugly I have to sleep earlier and earlier these days.

ok then. Although if you get bored of beating me after 30 minutes you can just end the game early. I'll understand.

ziggy starbucks

cheers for the game weekender. I didn't get the hang of chatting in the room so I probably came across as a bit rude. You really are a mario kart master, although in my defence those mirror tracks confuse the life out of me.

weekender

You can't really chat in the room, you have to pray someone's on your wavelength.

Well done on taking some games off me.  I am now: 

Played: 28
Won: 26
Lost: 2

You cunt.

rudi

Oooooh! Did Ziggy learn you some skillz? For shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame...

When I get back to BLIGHTO Blighty, I'll pwn u bad, Bender.

Consider that a hollow threat.

NoSleep

Is anyone up for a spot of FPS? Aside from Urban Terror, which I've been enjoying immensely for the last few weeks, and is completely free to download and play, I've discovered another great, free, FPS - Open Arena - again built on the Quake3 game engine. It plays like a dream (smoother than Q3, it seems to me), and there's always a game going on sometime, somewhere. Plus, the player standard is not so rock hard (there's nothing but 10-year veterans on the Q3 servers these days) that I just get wasted by opponents that I didn't even see coming (I've almost won Open Arena Free For All a couple of times). It's only 304MB download, and has a built-in single player campaign to get you started before you go online (although I would get in there straight off - it's more of a laugh against human opponents).

weekender

If anyone's interested, I can probably do another Mario Kart Wii challenge on Thursday evening or Sunday evening (as things stand).

ziggy starbucks

It'll be nice if more wii mario karters get involved. Please post your codes in this thread; here are the 4 whores currently in the cab kart clique.

0387-9978-3867 weekender
2837-0550-8492 buntyman
3266-5607-6545 keith bland
0216-3390-6709 ziggy cuntbucks

the zsnes netplay issue is currently in the process of being resolved by myself and daimoniac - we'll update soon

NoSleep

Quote from: Baxter on December 14, 2009, 08:14:46 PM
I'd be more than up for a little OpenArena, let's do this thing!

OK, Baxter. There are plenty of empty servers, so we could meet up in the CaB chatroom, choose ourselves a game to join. I'm going to take a look there right now, then see if you're about in the chatroom. My moniker is The_Mysterious_Loser, but I might be going for the easier NoSleep any time now.

Baxter

Sorry NS, I was unusually unconscious by the time you replied.

NoSleep

No worries. Playing between OpenArena & Urban Terror, last night, I managed to not notice the time until it was 6AM, which genuinely surprised me as to how the time had passed by so quickly.
I've turned alerts on in my chat room client, so if you enter or type my name (in the CaB chatroom) we can arrange to play.
Found a list of active servers here for pre-game discussion (would love to have a pre-launch browser for OA - I have one for Urban Terror, already).

weekender

mook

Quote from: weekender on December 16, 2009, 06:00:58 PM
Anyone up for some Mario Kart Wii action tonight? 

I might have a game later, football permitting. Bear in mind I haven't played for ages and even when I did I was shite.

mook 5241-8682-6812

QuoteIt'll be nice if more wii mario karters get involved. Please post your codes in this thread; here are the 4 whores currently in the cab kart clique.

0387-9978-3867 weekender
2837-0550-8492 buntyman
3266-5607-6545 keith bland
0216-3390-6709 ziggy cuntbucks

buntyman

I'll be watching Spurs but keen for Mario Kart afterwards to cheer myself up. Engines at 10?

buntyman

sorry for standing you up weekender, i was revelling in the spurs victory and still am. can we reschedule for tomorrow, i need to phone people, drink and smoke

keith bland

Hello.

When are we playing the game like that again because I thought we were going to race against each other tonight so is that still happening and if it is then at what time then? Also, mook, I haven't added you to my friends on the game yet but I will do it in a little while after Beetlejuice is over and also after I have had my dinner so then we can race against each other in the future if you want to.

I am really looking forward to racing against everyone again but I haven't practised very much because I was playing this other game where you're a little kid and you live in this town with these weird animals but it is quite boring really because there's no action so I am looking forward to playing Mario Kart Wii again.

Keith