Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Messed Up Modern Art [split topic]

Started by ziggy starbucks, November 14, 2009, 10:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy starbucks

modern art in ancient forms: Damien Hirst's pickled shark in cave art

I would start a new 'messed up modern art' thread but I'd be the only poster, which is probably more of a reflection on the poor quality of my ideas than on anything else

Robot DeNiro

Thanks Johnny Townmouse, glad you like it. 

That's really good Ziggy.  If you're not going to start the thread, then post some more in here 'cos I think it's a really good idea.

ziggy starbucks

Another outstanding piece of audio-visual work there Robot, you should do it for a living!

Quote from: Robot DeNiro on December 08, 2009, 08:42:57 AM
I think it's a really good idea.
this is your punishment for encouraging me

Robot DeNiro

Nice.  And if the tube map one was your idea of punishment, you'd better think again, because that was really good too.

It's a shame photoshopping only happens occasionally outside Wimblemong these days.  Not that I can do it myself, but I always enjoy other people's efforts.  Wimblemong was amazing this year.

ziggy starbucks

Wimblemong proves there are loads of people here willing and able to photoshop, but I don't know how to encourage it. Maybe a photoshop thread stickied in General Bullshit would work? I've toyed with the idea of doing a 'wimblemong for fun' thread, where you have no rules, no votes and no rounds. Just an image free for all based on wimblemong principles. 

But then again maybe people want rules and rounds and votes.

sproggy

ziggy starbucks

Johnny Townmouse

Love it very much. I don't have any photoshop skills, but would be happy to nominate some paintings for mong action, and then enjoy them without any effort:

The Death of Marat
Nighthawks
Saturn Eating Cronos
The Death of Nelson
The Last Supper
Girl with a Pearl Earring

An tSaoi

An tSaoi

Those are bloody marvellous. This is an inspired topic idea Ziggy.

An tSaoi

Could anyone mong Dali's Clocks with digital watches? It's beyond my skills.

An tSaoi

An tSaoi

Last one for now. Honest.

New page. Bah! Now no-one's going to look at the other ones.

rudi

ziggy starbucks

great stuff Antsy, the Vitruvian Man mong is particularly great

The anteater Nighthawks is also lovely, I really hope Sanguine Penguin made that himself cos its beautiful

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on December 11, 2009, 02:56:32 AM
I really hope Sanguine Penguin made that himself cos its beautiful
I was going to when I saw nighthawks in Johnny Townmouse's list but I always tend to check google images first, so I typed in 'anteater nighthawks' and there it was.

It appears to be derived from this one below which is apparently by Banksy.

Johnny Townmouse

Quote from: An tSaoi on December 11, 2009, 12:40:06 AM
Last one for now. Honest.
New page. Bah! Now no-one's going to look at the other ones.

They are fantastic An tSaoi. I LOVE the Death of Marat formula one style. Wonderful.

An tSaoi

Neil

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on December 10, 2009, 01:38:38 PM
Wimblemong proves there are loads of people here willing and able to photoshop, but I don't know how to encourage it. Maybe a photoshop thread stickied in General Bullshit would work? I've toyed with the idea of doing a 'wimblemong for fun' thread, where you have no rules, no votes and no rounds. Just an image free for all based on wimblemong principles. 

But then again maybe people want rules and rounds and votes.

Dedicated threads on a theme, helps, so I'll split these off.

Gradual Decline

^Spooky, although mine was much more obvious.

An tSaoi