Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:14:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Best (and blurst) Christmas films

Started by turnstyle, December 14, 2009, 10:46:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginyard

My daughter insisted I sit and watch the terrifyingly awful Barney's first christmas with her. Its one of the worst things I've seen ever, including a dirt cheap production video of the Rainbow team made about 8 years after they'd been kicked from mainstream tv . Here's an enchanting amazon review from a clever person:

QuoteThis Barney is not good. The tall girl is good, but the other kids can't sing. The set seems like a run-down high-school production. And what's the deal with slow songs? Kids don't want that. And the adults are geeks. I'm looking forward to when my 2 year-old triplets graduate to Pee Wee.

tygerbug

The Snowman got a lot of US play in the 80s on HBO.

No Charlie Brown or A Christmas Story in the UK? Seriously?

Ziggy's Gift is actually a UK production by Richard Williams - "Flat Sweet Flat" is on the wall, etc.

More importantly, Richard "Roger Rabbit/Thief and the Cobbler" Williams did this Oscar-winning animated version with Alistair Simm. Animation doesn't get much better than this.
   A Christmas Carol part 1