Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:33:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Movies 2010

Started by Nik Drou, December 15, 2009, 11:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: lipsink on February 21, 2010, 09:20:16 PMSaw 'The Lovely Bones' today too and I thought the actresses that played Susie and her younger sister were phenomenal. Beautiful use of
Spoiler alert
'Song To The Siren' too.
[close]

Saw it today (well, yesterday seeing as its 1:44 AM now). It was quite impressive in places, but overall I thought it was a bit of a mess.

VegaLA

'Marmaduke', like 'Garfield' before him, will be walking off the comic pages and into your Cinema.
You've been warned.

thugler

How did people enjoy 'the lovely bones'. It was universally horrible. The girl who gets killed isn't terrible, but not particularly brilliant either. But that doesn't take away from it being super awful.

SavageHedgehog

Quote from: VegaLA on March 05, 2010, 07:06:51 PM
'Marmaduke', like 'Garfield' before him, will be walking off the comic pages and into your Cinema.

Before Heathcliff? What a gyp!

Tiny Poster

Quote from: SavageHedgehog on March 05, 2010, 08:00:08 PM
Before Heathcliff? What a gyp!
It stars Coogan, Walliams and a load of quite talented American character actors. The twats.

vrailaine

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on February 22, 2010, 10:03:24 PM
I just found out that Todd Solondz has made a sequel to Happiness, though with a completely new cast - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_During_Wartime_(2009_film) - God knows when it'll arrive over here, but I'd certainly like to see it.
http://movies.sky.com/life-during-wartime-hits-sky-box-office-on-same-day-as-cinemas

phes

Finally got to see An Education today and it was a pleasure to watch. Carey Mulligan is terrific. I found the ending very shit though, with the
Spoiler alert
'learning montage' and the voiceover
[close]
completely at odds with the pace and the feel of the rest of the film. They should just wrapped it up in the scene before when she
Spoiler alert
visits her old teacher
[close]
. A real blot on an otherwise pretty perfect film.

rudi

Don't you ever work, man?

On a thread-related note: when do I book a ticket for that other film (name escapes me)?

phes

Ha!  I left almost all my annual leave until the end of the year so I've had 2 weeks off in each of the last three months. Also I work mostly nights and over the weekends, so i'm off most of the time everyone else is at work.

Shutter Island - I'll book myself a ticket now and let you know which showing I've gone for.

phes

8.20pm looks a good bet

Emma Raducanu

How abouts you grab yourself some popcorn and a couple litres of coke, sit back and relax? Maybe after half an hour or so, you could put your feet up on the back of the chair in front. Careful mind, make sure no one is sat there otherwise they might get a bit annoyed and they could throw your popcorn on the floor.

phes

I have a bitch that throws popcorn underfoot for me as I make my way through the lobby and into the theatre, so it's usually pretty much gone by then. I used to treat the toothless tramp to the the unpopped kernals but that went out the window with this modern pre-popped trash.

Alice next.

rudi

Quote from: phes on March 09, 2010, 02:56:16 PM
8.20pm looks a good bet

A good bet or you've booked tickets?

phes

rudi

scarecrow

is the personal message function not working then?

I went to see Crazy Heart last night, despite my better judgement, and, though it was better than I was expecting and boasted a great performance from Bridges, found it a real bore. The romance was totally unbelievable and nothing really captured the audience's attention. No-one seemed to hate it but there was a vague sense of boredom in the theatre. The ten or so minutes devoted to Bridge's inevitable redemption undermined the rehabilitation process in a pretty insulting manner too, I felt.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quite a few films coming up I want to see.  Exit at the Gift Shop, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Green Zone all look like great films.

phes

Quote from: Ghost of Troubled Joe on February 21, 2010, 07:56:10 PM
Saw The Lovely Bones today. Have to say I thought it was pretty good. Can't understand the negative reaction at all. It's not flawless but it's way better than some are making out. It had enough shades of dark and light to work for me. I can understand the criticisms of the afterlife scenes- it is almost too beautiful, too perfect, like the killer did the poor girl a favour by sending her there- but the Earth scenes, especially the thriller aspects, were brilliantly directed.

I saw this today and also thought it was pretty good. I was surprised at how disturbing it was for a 12 (or is it PG13?). The murder scene was really very upsetting and certainly at 12 I think it would have made quite an impression on me. I could hear several people in the theatre crying.

Jemble Fred

They'd be the Peter Jackson fans.

hpmons

Quote from: phes on March 03, 2010, 02:45:41 AM
Cineworld are re-showing Fishtank, Moon and An education in some of their cinemas in the next week.

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/films/nowshowing

Cheers for this.