Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blu-Ray and HD - is it really all that?

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, January 01, 2010, 10:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoverdonkey

It's a bit annoying the 360 has no optical output. My Samsung Blu-ray knocks out a lovely sound to its speakers and I have an optical audio from the Sky HD box into it to get the sound from Sky through the speakers, but my 360 has to just go through the telly speakers, which given that my telly is also Samsung, is rather ropey.

Edit: Ooh, 10 seconds of research on google suggests there is an adaptor which inludes an optical out. I shall investigate further. I realise I'm largely talking to myself here

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: hoverdonkey on March 11, 2010, 04:54:23 PM
I realise I'm largely talking to myself here

:D

I was really annoyed when, after buying a PS3, that it wouldn't work with my analogue 5.1 system.  Very, very annoying that was!  There's no way I can afford those digital amps, they're at least £300 each.

hoverdonkey

My research has simply left me confused.

Papercut

You need the official 360 HDMI cable, which comes with a digital audio adaptor for the normal 360 AV port.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xbox-360-HDMI-Cable/dp/B000VUVCK6/

There are third party ones too, but the price is decent enough for the official jobbie. Or find someone selling the adaptor on its own on ebay.

hoverdonkey

Thanks for the replies. I picked up an adaptor for four quid