Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:21:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Compendium - The Thread.

Started by TraceyQ, February 06, 2004, 09:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TraceyQ

Last week's playlist:

The Jayhawks - Bad Time
Pink Floyd - Sheep
13th floor Elevators - You're Gonna Miss Me
The Blueskins - I Want To Know (Peel Session)
The Coral - Migraine
JSBX - High Gear
Ryan Adams - Firecracker
Summerhouse - Hurricaine
Brutish Sea Power - Tugboat
Tim Buckley - Dolphins
The Pixies - Bone Machine
Sonic Youth - My Friend Goo
Pilot To The Gunner - Demonstrate
Blink 182 - Feeling This
Dr David V - The Boiled Song
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Maps
Electrolene - Le Song
The Stands - Here She Comes Again
Jumbo - Views From The Soth
R.E.M - So, Central Rain
Belle and Sebastian - I'm a Cuckoo
Shack - Neighbours
Dressed In Wires - I'm Going To Buff All My Floors
The Sundays - A Certain Someone
Air - Cherry Blossom Girl
Pearl Jam - Daughter

fanny splendid

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Last week's playlist:
The Sundays - A Certain Someone
Air - Cherry Blossom Girl
Pearl Jam - Daughter

Well, that'll teach me to have the computer crash, and then think that it's hardly worth getting everything going again, as the show was nearly finished...

A great show as usual, and nice to hear Colin back again.

Dr David V

Ah cheers, nice to see what I missed. And what's this?

QuoteDr David V - The Boiled Song

It's me! I've made a playlist! Now I can die in satisfaction.

never trust a hippy

if yer want a request please post on the thread  and if we have it we might play it .it is no good asking us on the show because we only take what we are going to play, col will be playing more of boiled head this sunday

fanny splendid

TraceyQ

<sulk>. That wasnt very nice now, was it?

Ambient Sheep

More Sundays please (no pun intended).

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"More Sundays please (no pun intended).

Too right.

danabnormal

i darnt ask for a request, but i think you know what i want to listen to!

yep thats right , ' the damned , new rose'

ha ha fooled ya you thought i was going to ask for halfman didnt ya , did you see what i did there.

sorry me being a prat again!

edit to say , bloody hell first post.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "TraceyQ"<sulk>. That wasnt very nice now, was it?

No, I mean, is there three of you now? You, colin, and Never Trust A Hippy?

TraceyQ

Ahh, I see! Never Trust A Hippie is our Col with a new hat on.

fanny splendid

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Ahh, I see! Never Trust A Hippie is our Col with a new hat on

Heh, does he alway talk about himself as if it's a different person?

Quote from: "never trust a hippy"...we only take what we are going to play, col will be playing more of boiled head this sunday

You have to bring him along to the manc meet.

european son

am i too late for requests? if not.... any of:

Nick Cave - The Mercy Seat   or   I Let Love In

The Who - I Can't Explain

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Rich

EDIT: just to remind people and inform the new kids

click here, then press "listen" requires real player.

4pm-6pm The Compendium : Colin & Tracy Q with Alt country, electronica + much more!

get there early to hear the sultry tones of the swoon-inducing DJ Ro, hang around after with yer stetson to hear all the best in country & western with the lovely Marie.

chat whilst you listen in the CaB chatroom (if its running... i'm having issues with it m'self), or over at  The Bridge's own place by clicking "chat" from their site.

danabnormal

Quote from: "european son"am i too late for requests? if not.... any of:

Nick Cave - The Mercy Seat   or   I Let Love In

The Who - I Can't Explain

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Rich

EDIT: just to remind people and inform the new kids

click here, then press "listen" requires real player.

4pm-6pm The Compendium : Colin & Tracy Q with Alt country, electronica + much more!

get there early to hear the sultry tones of the swoon-inducing DJ Ro, hang around after with yer stetson to hear all the best in country & western with the lovely Marie.

chat whilst you listen in the CaB chatroom (if its running... i'm having issues with it m'self), or over at  The Bridge's own place by clicking "chat" from their site.
im there at the moment listening to djro and it is really good stuff and just me and her chatting, so if anyone can tear themselfs away from the footie or your dinner it is well worth it. ambient are you about???

p.s what chatroom are we all using today then?

weekender

Quote from: "danabnormal"p.s what chatroom are we all using today then?

If the Bridge one's working, I suppose we should use that.  I'd prefer the CaB chatroom myself as I can access it via mIRC, but it would make sense to use the actual radio station's chatroom, wouldn't it?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "danabnormal"im there at the moment listening to djro and it is really good stuff and just me and her chatting, so if anyone can tear themselfs away from the footie or your dinner it is well worth it. ambient are you about???
Unfortunately I had to go out this afternoon, only just got back.  Ah well...

TraceyQ

Ah, go on, you know you want a playlist, big boy.

I want the one I can't have - the smiths
    The damnation - half man, half biscuit
    drunkship of lanterns - The Mars Volta
    Do you like jam? - Boiled Head
    Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
    the hardest part - blondie
    Actually it's darkness - idlewild
    Opera House - Olivia Tremor Control
    I love your Mom - nine tens
    High on fire - telescopes
    Swing Low - Sunhouse
    Divine intervention - Matthew Sweet
    Break in two - Jeff Klein
    Cold Sweat part 1 - James Brown
    The Queen and I - the KLF
    Somebody to love - Jefferson Airplane
    A new rose - the damned
    Drain the blood - the distillers
    outro - Califone
    Death and Co - the veils
    she annoys me - Kidd
    The universal - Blur
    Snox - Grey Matter
    Love is all - the rapture
    Rich - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Gigantic - the Pixies
    The Mercy Seat - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
    Insanity on the minefield - Boiled head

Dr David V

Another good show, well done T+C, nothing more to say. Oh, except it's a shame about the server problems. If anyone's that bothered, I'll try to get the full track online this week.

Dr David V

Oh, and Weekender, the second you left everything went fine! Shame you missed it.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Dr David V"Oh, and Weekender, the second you left everything went fine! Shame you missed it.
I reckon it was some nasty viral thing on his PC bombarding the poor Bridge server into submission down his 1Mb broadband.  I mean I suppose I'm joking, but on the other hand it WAS fucking weird the way that the moment he went the problem went away, never to come back again not even once a tiny bit.

weekender

You know, I've wondered about this.  I was on some other site the other day and I got some sort of SQL error which seemed to make that site go down, which was the same sort of SQL error I got when CaB finally packed it in.

I really hope it's not my fault you know.  As far as I know, I'm up to date with viruses/trojans etc, but is this coincidence?  I'm not sure now.  Anyone got any ideas?  Some reassurance that it's coincidence would be nice, I've really done nothing intentionally.

european son

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Ah, go on, you know you want a playlist, big boy.

another brilliant looking show. i feel guilty as hell because after a slightly heavy weekend i came online, made some requests, then promptly fell asleep at half two and missed it! shan't happen again, promise.

never trust a hippy

on sunays compendium ill be playing both new lambchops wonderful cds more califone maybe some can and some cardiacs not sure what traceys got install for us but its bound to be wonderful.any requests u know what to do

danabnormal

dunno if i can make it this sunday, cus ive got my sister -in-law down with her tribe and we will have six kids in the house , nevermind ive got a stack of beer in and the telly probably locked on fox kids or bloody smash hits t.v so forgive me in advance.

Dr David V

Hm... some Mr Scruff off of his more recent album would be nice if you've got it, as I heard Keep It Unreal for the first time yesterday, and loved it.

european son

i promise i'll be about tomorrow.... i did my binge-drinking early this week and used today to recover.

requests? the usual sort of thing, anything from

Iggy and The Stooges - Search and Destroy   or   Gimme Danger
Le Tigre - Deceptacon
something by The Jesus and Mary Chain, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, or anyone else with leather and spiky hair

Hopefully I'll make it this week, however I've been up since 9:30pm last night, plus I might be seeing people in reality, so it might not pan out. Here's hoping though.

TraceyQ

I don't want excuses, Devlin! I just don't!!

This arvo. 4-6.

Be there. (Or be a right old bince).

Ambient Sheep

Fanny, Dan and I are listening to DJ Ro at the moment, excellent as ever, although only Fanny's in the chatroom fulltime, Dan and I are to-ing and fro-ing while listening to the show.

EDIT: Rou's around now as well.

european son

unfortunately, Ms. Ro is in the room too, so i can't perv on her.