Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:20:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Compendium - The Thread.

Started by TraceyQ, February 06, 2004, 09:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee

TraceyQ

Quote from: "Joy Nktonga"
Ref. all this malarky: As far as I can tell you're a non-profit organisation provding a community service using community folk. You're a community project, right? Run to the council and the lottery and anyone else you can think of because there must be loads of money out there earmarked for projects just like yours. Hound the local media and MPs and, again, anyone else you can think of and shout about it. This is exactly the kind of thing that those funds are set up for, so it'd be such a shame for it to go belly up, even temporarily, over something like a rent increase.

We've tried, unless we can provide some sort of training for [Ben Elton] "young adults"[/Ben Elton] on a full time basis they wont give us a penny. Fact is, there's only so much left in the pot and we need to shift out now before there's nothing left and we won't have the option to carry on in a cheaper building.

Gazeuse

Aw poo...Have a great time though!!!

TraceyQ

Eh? Gaz, my angel, my darling, my love.... are you on drugs?

Can I have some?

Gazeuse

Camomile tea...Here have a drop.

The cocktail hour is approaching though ...

TraceyQ

<Chills Pimms, breaks out the Loungecore>

Champagne? Cigarette?

splattermac

have you guys considered a broadcast via shoutcast?

Something similar to what the TFBfm boys did.

I'm not sure how it works but there is a streaming format called AAC which gives a better quality stream than other similarly grouped bitrates like mp3 and realmedia formats.

It would mean broadcasting from one of your houses though.

TraceyQ

As much as I love Ms. Marie Creighton, if she so much as comes near my dining room with her bloody line dancing pap I'll have to kill her and everyone else in the vicinity with a broken pencil sharpener.

Lee

Wouldn't it be easier just to learn to love line-dancing?

TraceyQ

Lee, I want you to go away, think about what you just posted, think about it some more and then come back and tell all of the nice people that you are sorry, ok?

Gazeuse

I be t you'd look lovely in a stetson with a couple of six-shooters.

Frinky

Quote from: "splattermac"It would mean broadcasting from one of your houses though.

We do this at Uni, actually.

I'm not sure what specifics the host would need to go into, as I understand it can be really demanding on bandwidth, and also kinda unreliable.

Lee

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Lee, I want you to go away, think about what you just posted, think about it some more and then come back and tell all of the nice people that you are sorry, ok?

Just look at that. That could be you, eh? It could!

Fucking hell, am I condoning line dancing? I must be mentally sick.

never trust a hippy

no compendium  this sunday im going to see joanna newsom .the compendium will carry on but with a few changes

Lee

"a few changes"? Go on...

Oh, also, are you still doing that electronica night in Walsall? If so I'll definetely speak to you again about possibly going up to play there, if you so wish.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "TraceyQ"We've tried, unless we can provide some sort of training for [Ben Elton] "young adults"[/Ben Elton] on a full time basis they wont give us a penny. Fact is, there's only so much left in the pot and we need to shift out now before there's nothing left and we won't have the option to carry on in a cheaper building.
Perhaps you should tell them you'd be happier carrying on if their server actually WORKED now and then.  HOW many shows have you had to cancel recently?  More than have actually gone out, I know that.  Maybe that might be a way to negotiate continuing at your current rate for a bit.  Yeah yeah, and pigs might fly, I know...

Seriously, I never realised you were paying for the facility - pretty shit if you are, really, given the level of unreliability.  And you never DID get a webcam... ;-)

Quote from: "TraceyQ"As much as I love Ms. Marie Creighton, if she so much as comes near my dining room with her bloody line dancing pap I'll have to kill her and everyone else in the vicinity with a broken pencil sharpener.
:-) :-) :-)

I suppose it won't be the same without her Yeee-haaah stuff going on straight after yours.  Perhaps if you two go solo you'll have to finish with one of her tracks just for old time's sake, so we can all say "Byeeee" hurriedly and logoff without feeling repentant.

never trust a hippy

x -country will be on after the compendium as usual .The changes are gonna be traceyQ has left the building so ill be going solo or somebody else might be my co-host. you will find out next sunday.As i said no compendium  this sunday im out for a few beers and then going to see joanna newson,white magic,six organs of admittance and alistair roberts  and the glee club brum.Any  one else going to the gig

TraceyQ

Hang about a sec.

I'll be doing my last show in the current format this Sunday as Colin is off to see the Squeaky- voiced- one and as and when thebridge gets sorted (I still will be in the background if need be) there will be a return. As the Compendium or no, only time will tell.

But yeah, join me tomorrow when my guests will be fashionable.

Lee

Darrell

Quote from: "splattermac"have you guys considered a broadcast via shoutcast?

Something similar to what the TFBfm boys did.

We're not a past tense, we're just prohibited from advertising here. TFBFM is still a ongoing concern for the time being.

Rats

See, I told you to grab a pair when they were handing the tits out. Now get out of traceys thread.

TraceyQ

could someone....anyone MP3 the show for me? It starts in half an hour and the thing in the studio is browke.

Lee

To answer your question, no I can't. But from the sound of it that shouldn't be a problem.

Server down again?

Frinky

Someone please mp3 it, I can't hear it when I'm at uni.

TraceyQ

It browke.

That's yer lot, sorry everyone. You can see now why I've quit.

Lee

Oh. Wow, what an undignified end. Ho hum, life goes on etc. Good while it lasted though, eh? I will insist from now on however that you produce a weekly Cookd and Mixd set to fill the void.

never trust a hippy

no compendium today server problems again