Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:02:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Compendium - The Thread.

Started by TraceyQ, February 06, 2004, 09:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Quote from: "danabnormal"I am my mother for dinner

You certainly are abnormal.

TraceyQ

Come on then! Let's 'ave yer!

Join us and listen while you browse the boards, it's not too much to ask is it?

Do I sound desperate?

NobodyGetsOutAlive

It is when it's bloody Real Player. This thing never works for me first, second, third or fourth time. Finally in now though, and currently enjoying Nick Cave.

splattermac

click here, then press "listen" requires real player.

+ chat room

sorry, but I like a main link per page :)

TraceyQ

Fussy swine.... Thank you Splattermac.

danabnormal

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"
Quote from: "danabnormal"I am my mother for dinner

You certainly are abnormal.
jesus that was a really bad typo wasnt it , , i now sound like some crazed  serial killer who get gratification from eating 60 year old ladies. mmmmmm on second thoughts......

obviously i meant to say that i was at my mothers for dinner , how was the show?

Hal

It was a nice show... a lovely show in fact.

Can I make a request here TraceyQ? If so could you play 'Fly On A Windshield' by Genesis, and it can be found here.
Hope that's alright.

-

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Quote from: "danabnormal"how was the show?

Thoroughly enjoyable with some scary Nick Cave and Big Black, as well as some hippy music as well as all the other sorts of things they play. The chatroom was  bit empty I thought though.

danabnormal

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"
Quote from: "danabnormal"how was the show?

. The chatroom was  bit empty I thought though.
self indulgent post thats because i wasnt there! self indulgent post

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"Thoroughly enjoyable with some scary Nick Cave and Big Black, as well as some hippy music as well as all the other sorts of things they play. The chatroom was  bit empty I thought though.
Eh?  We had the usual crew apart from Dan & Des, but we had Hal and yourself to make up for it.

danabnormal

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "NobodyGetsOutAlive"Thoroughly enjoyable with some scary Nick Cave and Big Black, as well as some hippy music as well as all the other sorts of things they play. The chatroom was  bit empty I thought though.
Eh?  We had the usual crew apart from Dan & Des, but we had Hal and yourself to make up for it.
you mean i wasnt missed???

bastards!!!

only joking , or am i?

Dr David V

Just to explain my recent absence from the chatroom - the Internet on my comp has been VERY temperemental recently, and trying to stay online for 2 hours is an impossibility. I hope I've been missed.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "danabnormal"
Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"Eh?  We had the usual crew apart from Dan & Des, but we had Hal and yourself to make up for it.
you mean i wasnt missed???
Of course you were.  Perhaps I should have written "to help make up for it".

And sorry, DDV, I knew I'd forgotten someone.  And it was you.  You weren't in last week either, were you?  I missed you then by name, and I was aware I'd left someone else out today, couldn't remember who though.  Sorry.  I blame advanced age.

And I fucking hope I haven't forgotten anyone *else*, or else I'm really in fucking trouble.  Knew I shouldn't have started down this road.

Nearly Annually

Quote from: "TraceyQ"The Getaways - It Girl
Friends of yours? Either way, they've inspired me to embarrass my dear old self by starting a What the fuck are the young people doing with their hair nowadays? thread, in GD.

If I was by a computer on Sundays and RealPlayer was any good, I would be listening, Trace, really I would. And joyfully knocking one out to the sound of your voice.

Frinky

Getaway.

Edit: I was seven minutes ahead of your other thread, although that makes this a little redundant now. Still, I'll leave it. Hello mum, I'm on a messageboard.

european son

And I fucking hope I haven't forgotten anyone *else*, or else I'm really in fucking trouble.  Knew I shouldn't have started down this road.

*shock*. there was i, thinking that i made the sunday afternoon chatroom experience

TraceyQ

Yes, where the fucking hell were you?

I saw the Libertines last night. So ner.
I almost had to twat the silly bitches that were wetting their pants over Pete.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "european son"
*shock*. there was i, thinking that i made the sunday afternoon chatroom experience
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck sorry sorry sorry sorry I blame the lack of drugs last Sunday

I shan't be able to show my face again, shall I?

european son

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Yes, where the fucking hell were you?

I saw the Libertines last night. So ner.
I almost had to twat the silly bitches that were wetting their pants over Pete.

i was visiting home, dossing around the Tate Modern and generally messing about in London.

and i just saw the Libertines half an hour ago, thus i win!

"i just the Libertines"? that's hardly even a sentence. i will not post when tipsy. etc.

TraceyQ

Poncy git.

And how, exactly, do you win? Chuh.

european son

Quote from: "european son"
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck sorry sorry sorry sorry I blame the lack of drugs last Sunday

I shan't be able to show my face again, shall I?

heh, i wouldn't worry. i (of course) was only teasing, quite sorry i missed it actually. i felt a weird tingle in my stomach when 4pm came and i wasn't there, i always look forward to both the show and the chat.

hope to be there next week, but i'm possibly getting a visit from a Gay Dog at the weekend, so i can't make any promises. any chance of a playlist of what i missed Trace?

Ambient Sheep

Yes, the playlist would be nice.  And what about the photos?  ;-)

TraceyQ

Oh, arse, yes, of course. My sincere apologies, you set of bastards.

Current 93 - Lucifer Over London
    Belly - Dusted
    Elected - Greetings in Braille
    Damien Rice - Volcano
    Nick Cave - Loverman
    PJ Harvey - 50ft Queenie
    Big Black - My Disco
    Morrissey 0 Satan Rejected My Soul
    Rufus Wainwright - Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk
    Ye Fungus - Turnip
    Go Kart Mozart  - Wear Your Foghat With Pride
    Led Aep - Trampled Underfoot
    Kirsty MacColl - My Affair
    Afghan Whigs - Somethin' Hot
    Courtney Love - Mono
    Ian McNabb - A Little Bit Of Magic
    Bob Dylan - Isis
    Roy Harper - One Man Rock and Roll Band
    Longpigs - She Said
    The Cult - The Rain
    Pearl Jam - Glorified G
    Jimi Hendrix - House Burning Down
    Department S - Is Vic There?
    Califone - Lion and Bee
    Inspiral Carpets - Move
    Libertines - Time For Heroes
    Stranglers - Norfolk Coast.

Ambient Sheep

Thanks for that.  And the photos?

TraceyQ

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I deleted the ones of Ro by accident! You'll have to wait till next week for that then.

Have a Colin instead.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I deleted the ones of Ro by accident! You'll have to wait till next week for that then.
A likely story.

Quote from: "TraceyQ"Have a Colin instead.
Love that mixing desk!  Did you salvage it from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop some time in 1967?

What *is* Colin doing?

european son

Quote from: "splattermac"click here, then press "listen"

will definitely be about tomorrow (today?), looking forward to it as always,

requests, if that's ok and its not too late, any from:

Mikabomb - Garage Super Stars

The Byrds - Eight Miles High

Ride - Vapour Trail

Gazeuse

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Love that mixing desk!  Did you salvage it from the BBC Radiophonic Workshop some time in 1967?

It looks like a strangely pained Spirit Folio to me.

Aren't I interesting?!?

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Is anyone having difficulty getting into the chatroom?  The window doesn't seem to load properly for me, but I don't know if that's because I'm accessing it from a completely different pc and on a dial up connection.