Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:32:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Fallout 3 Thread

Started by JPA, January 14, 2010, 12:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paaaaul

I'm playing it for the third time while I wait for the GOTY version of New Vegas to be created,released and to drop below £20.

I played through the Alaska bit last night, and must say I absolutely hate it. I find it a tedious slog, probably due to the linearity of it. I only did it to get the cool armour which makes the rest of the game a lot easier.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Paaaaul on November 09, 2010, 05:48:06 PM
....I played through the Alaska bit last night, and must say I absolutely hate it. I find it a tedious slog, probably due to the linearity of it. I only did it to get the cool armour which makes the rest of the game a lot easier.
Yeah, I would say quite a lot of people shared that opinion - personally, I thought it was quite fun but not on the same scale as just about all the missions in the main game and it was over very, very quickly.

The skill bonuses are very useful for a lower-level character, but I thought the armour was waaaaay overpowered if you're at the beginning of the game - because of that and it didn't really fit my character, I stored it away.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The main problem I had with Operation Anchorage was that it seemed too skewed in favour of Small Guns. The first time I played it was with a level 20 character with 100 points in the Melee and Big Guns skills, and it took bloody ages to finish. The second time was with a Small Guns oriented character and I breezed through it.

Paaaaul

I found a huge area last night that I had never visited which was fairly mindblowing since I must have spent over 200 hours playing this game.

The whole area around Arlington Cemetary, Mama Dolce's and Fall's Church had somehow evaded me.