Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,358
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:06:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who on earth is this photo by ?

Started by mcbpete, January 24, 2010, 06:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcbpete

This is a complete long shot but I'm hoping someone here might know the answer. A friend of mine went to Berlin recently and saw a large poster of a photograph (I think the picture was on a remaining part of the Berlin wall, though I'm not 100% sure of that) but couldn't find who it was by. I'm trying to find information about it so I can (hopefully) get a copy of it for their birthday. Here's a photo that they took of it:

Can anyone help ? I'd love you forever (and ever)

Desi Rascal

Good luck in the meantime Heres a picture of Conrad Schumann making a break for it in 1961,

I know that picture. The camera was mounted to the front of this train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42wFCV-Ewtw&feature=related

You can tell it's the same because of the white trousers.

Santa's Boyfriend

mcbpete

I'm pretty sure it's a girl in the picture up the top. Thanks anyway !

sproggy

I see Chuck Norris has let himself go a bit.

I think there's an application you can download somewhere that'll let you scan the web for similar images, can't remember what it's called but I seem to recall it wasn't very good anyway... loads of help there.

boxofslice

Have you tried posting it on a german message board.  Surely someone in Berlin might have a better idea.

mcbpete

Quote from: sproggy on January 25, 2010, 01:09:24 PM
I think there's an application you can download somewhere that'll let you scan the web for similar images, can't remember what it's called but I seem to recall it wasn't very good anyway... loads of help there.
Yeah someone suggested Tineye ( http://www.tineye.com/ ) But I got no hits. I guess as it was a photo of the photo and therefore digitally full of differences.

Boxofslice: Good call - I'll go on the hunt for a decent looking forum tonight ...