Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:43:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Connect (BBC4)

Started by ozziechef, January 26, 2010, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Am I imagining it or was there a CaBber on this last night?

Then again, looking at them they could all be CaBbers really.

Alberon

Which one? Someone from the Live Action Role Players or someone from the team with Dwayne Dibley on it?

the

Quote from: Emotional Support Peacock on January 15, 2019, 03:14:26 PMAm I imagining it or was there a CaBber on this last night?

Don't know if you were thinking about the same person, but I was thinking this about the guy who was dressed wackily last night.

Utter Shit

Anyone watch the final then? Fuck me they ramped up the difficulty - I'm always shit at the first two rounds but usually do ok on the wall and smash the vowels round at the end, but yesterday it was just impossible all the way through. I think I got two or three of the vowel ones and one part of one of the walls...the rest, no chance.

Norton Canes

I hate the finals walls. Last year I think they were both entirely numerical.

The swapped-mnemonics bit of the missing vowels round was great.

Utter Shit

I liked the added dimension one. The Bermuda Pyramid FFS. Line Matrix Printer FFFFFFFFFS

Norton Canes

'Line Matrix Printer' was genius.

I hope the middle Time Lady wasn't too upset about losing. I would definitely like to help assuage her disappointment.

Utter Shit

I was mainly just terrified of Joey Goldman. I think he might have had his soul removed to make space for more trivia.

JesusAndYourBush

My heart sank when I saw that live snooker was on directly before it... but as it neared the end they said to press the red button to continue watching the snooker.  I wish this feature had been available in the 80's when it seemed like at least once a week a show I wanted to watch was ruined or disrupted because of FUCKING SPORT.

EOLAN

Tend to just pause/screen grab the final wall and see if I can figure out in about two minutes myself. Then fast forward. Was a small bit harder hear as couldn't eliminate all the months. Did spot the Sue, Bob, Dom connection fairly quickly but my mind when blank on Dec.

Usually rubbish at the first couple rounds but would usually be worth a place in the team for missing vowels. Nothing this time though.

Norton Canes

I wonder if this one would make it for round two?

4. ?

BlodwynPig

Norton Canes

That might actually be an acceptable answer. Explain your reasoning.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Norton Canes on November 20, 2019, 11:01:20 AM

That might actually be an acceptable answer. Explain your reasoning.

Unless its a red herring it seems obvious.

Bow fishing
Hook and line fishing
Net fishing
Hand fishing (nooling)

alphabetical

Norton Canes

There is no bow in picture 1

Utter Shit

I'm thinking football-related - target, tackle, net - but no idea what would come next if it was a sequence.

BlodwynPig

JesusAndYourBush

In 1 you've HIT the target, 2nd is a LURE.  Hitler something??

Norton Canes

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on November 20, 2019, 01:00:09 PM
2nd is a LURE

Oh, is it? It's something else too I hope (a Google image search suggests it is)

EOLAN

HIT-LURE - NET-SEA
Hitler Nazi

Norton Canes

Quote from: EOLAN on November 20, 2019, 02:48:10 PM
HIT-LURE - NET-SEA
Hitler Nazi

Nothing if not imaginative

The actual answer's related to a song lyric

Alberon

I think this is going more into 321 territory. Have you just won Dusty Bin?

bgmnts

I fucking hate this show because it makes me hate myself more than I usually do. Coren can fucking do one as well the smarmy gobshite.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bgmnts on November 20, 2019, 09:41:29 PM
I fucking hate this show because it makes me hate myself more than I usually do. Coren can fucking do one as well the smarmy gobshite.

I saw it for the first time in a year or more yesterday and her jokey surrealism has jumped the shark big time. Awful

Gurke and Hare

There's a website where you can make your own walls. I made this one.

Norton Canes

Sorry, time's up. You haven't found any categories but let's resolve the wall and see how many connections you can spot.

Norton Canes

Thames bridges and UK Parliamentary constituencies (of sitting Prime Ministers?). What were the others? [edit: sorry, got the Presidents too]

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 21, 2019, 12:10:25 AM
There's a website where you can make your own walls. I made this one.

QuoteLegend Gary: Far too hard, I'm afraid. It took me three or four restarts to get enough time for just 2 groups and three links. I got presidents and bridges, and I knew another was P.M. constituencies due to Huntingdon and Sedgefield, but had no idea about the other two... was looking for stuff like Finchley and Witney. Motorway service stations completely threw me as I'd only ever heard of the one at Beaconsfield, and Donington Park made me think of heavy metal gigs or motor racing. I think having to disambiguate 13 place names at once is a bit harsh! But maybe I'm just rubbish at this. It's a good effort but just too hard for me I'm afraid.

Norton Canes

Motorway service stations? Well there's irony.