Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Calm-o-matic

Started by Captain Crunch, January 26, 2010, 04:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Joy Nktonga

An tSaoi

^ ha ha, my favourite so far.

Joy Nktonga

JPA

joeyzaza

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Serge

Santa's Boyfriend

Santa's Boyfriend

Jemble Fred

Santa's Boyfriend

Blue Jam

I've got a t-shirt in this style with the crown upside down and "NOW PANIC AND FREAK OUT" on it. No-one got the reference before, now this poster is bloody everywhere and the t-shirt looks like an attempt to cash in on it, rather than something Threadless did ages ago. I'll have to wait a few years until I can wear it again.

Anyway, it's a great design and a great idea for a site:

mycroft

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 30, 2010, 07:48:17 PM

Hehe, I've got a t-shirt pretty much exactly like that. And a Keep Calm one, although I got mine after seeing James May wear one on one of his programmes where he gets pissed with Oz Clarke. I almost threw it out after seeing Jordan wearing one...

Blue Jam

Quote from: mycroft on January 30, 2010, 08:38:43 PMI almost threw it out after seeing Jordan wearing one...

AAAARRGGGHHH, I'LL HAVE TO GET RID OF MINE NOW!!! Seriously though, why is it suddenly everywhere? It's been around for ages butit's never been this popular before.

Where's your TTOI t-shirt from? Someone posted a link earlier but I can't find it now, I don't remember seeing that quote on a t-shirt, it sounds like a wearable arrest warrant.

mycroft

According to my flatmate (who got it for me for Christmas), a site called shotdeadinthehead.com

As for Keep Calm's sudden unbiquity, my only theory would be that it's a reaction to Yer Nanny State PC Gone Maaaaad-type style of government, and the paranoia they stir up. Compare Keep Calm to the posters that were around London for a bit asking people to be vigilante of people taking photographs in case they were terrorists having a bit of a spy.

Blue Jam

Thanks, I'll check that site out when the shop opens again next month. Interesting theory, I got one of these from the London Transport Museum because it was fantastically Orwellian:

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 30, 2010, 09:29:08 PM...fantastically Orwellian:

Indeed.   You have to think the designer did it in purpose - especially that font which, if I remember correctly, is straight out of the 1954 BBC adaptation of the book.

* one Google Image Search later *

Hah, pretty close...

hpmons