Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:03:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Awful movie titles

Started by thecuriousorange, January 26, 2010, 07:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Most of these make One Shoe Makes It Murder seem positively inspired.  She fell out of a tall building, you see.  But she was only wearing one shoe when they found her.  So that meant ... agh, I've lost the will to t

buntyman

With too many syllables and only vaguely menacing sounding, I give you

Serge

Though if the films title was repeatedly said by Max from 'Hart To Hart' throughout the movie, it would redeem it.

"Do-mestic Dist-oibance!"

Nik Drou

Has this one been mentioned yet?

I like that the word 'sport' is used four times on one poster, as it's round about the point where words become meaningless through repetition.

sportsportsportsportsportsport....

An tSaoi

How does anyone make a special guest appearance in a film?

mrClaypole

Quote from: An tSaoi on January 26, 2010, 07:20:32 PM
The Hurt Locker. It sounds a bit... wussy. Not that they should have given it a generic name like 'Rotation', just something good.

THE HURT LOCKER conjures up th image of someone having indulged in taking too much anal.

Jumble Cashback

You bumped the thread for that?  At least give us a new title.

mrClaypole

Quote from: Jumble Cashback on November 18, 2010, 10:54:49 AM
You bumped the thread for that?  At least give us a new title.

Sorry was meant too add that I always thought "Carry on Follow that camel" was dreadful.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: mrClaypole on November 18, 2010, 11:13:06 AM
Sorry was meant too add that I always thought "Carry on Follow that camel" was dreadful.
But that's not the original title - in the UK, it was Follow That Camel. It was only years later that 'Carry On' was added to it.

Like Don't Lose Your Head , the reason usually given for this was to do with legal difficulties in using 'Carry On' in the titles, due to a change in distributor – although it's been claimed that Rank thought it would be better business if 'Carry On' wasn't used, but this doesn't sound too convincing to me.

An tSaoi

Why didn't they just rename it Carry On Camel once they'd secured the rights down the line?

Quote from: An tSaoi on November 18, 2010, 04:07:50 PM
Why didn't they just rename it Carry On Camel once they'd secured the rights down the line?

Er, because they're not encouraging the camel to carry on, rather, the people who are following it...

gmoney

Purely Belter has to be one of the most irritating film titles going, even typing it made me wince. And it's shit. Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging is also quite annoying, but I can't comment on the film's quality.

alan nagsworth

God almighty. Talk about your appalling titles for even worse films. If this had a more ambiguous title I might have been inclined to investigate[nb]not really HAHAHA[/nb] but fucking hell... it's just gobbledegook. Cramming as many exciting and obvious words into a title does not big your film up in the way you think it does. A little modesty never hurt anyone.

That said, the poster does kind of imply that MF Doom might make an appearance, so I might shell out a few quid to check this one out.

sirhenry

And then there's Tron Legacy, which pisses all over the legacy of Tron.[nb]Though I suppose Tron, Rehashed and Trashed wouldn't pull in the right demographic[/nb]

I spluttered obscure pretentious whisky all over my legs.

El Unicornio, mang

Two reasons I won't be able to see this film

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Mmm yeah. Lionsgate. Those guys suck.

quadraspazzed

lipsink

Quote from: gepree on November 20, 2010, 12:17:49 AM

So that's why the tax authorities can't find Snipes. What a cunning disguise. He'll have to wear it for the rest of his life though.

mrClaypole

I saw a film in poundland yonks ago called "Circuitary Man II: plughead rewired", also there was one called "Raging angels" which conjures up all manner of confusion in my head.

Tiny Poster