Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,468
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need a platform game to play

Started by madhair60, February 05, 2010, 10:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, I am. Thanks.

I remember Blob too, that was pretty good! Got it free with Amiga Format or something.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteNot true, I preferred Sonic Adventure 2 though the treasure-hunting levels could get bloody annoying. Especially the ones where the music featured Knuckles rapping.

I agree with everything there. There's some great levels on SA2, though I still reckon Sonic Heroes is better still, even though it has negative connotations with Sega giving up and becoming just another software house.

mcbpete

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 10, 2010, 10:56:47 AM
Yes, I am. Thanks.

I remember Blob too, that was pretty good! Got it free with Amiga Format or something.

I had a demo of it on Amiga Power but could never beat the last level without fluking it (I would purposefully fall down off the top platform and shoot through the rest of the level and try to land on the exit square. I've got to look for that game again, I remember it being pretty darn good.

MojoJojo

Wiki confirms what I half remembered: Putty Squad was developed to the point of review copies and demos being sent out on the MegaDrive, Amiga and PC, but was never actually released. It was only published on the Snes.

Although now I thik about it, I'm sure I remember palying more of it than a demo...

Ah, Putty was released first, and Putty Squad was a sequel. Oddly wiki makes no mention of Putty Squad being a sequel.

Achtung!

mcbpete

Quote from: MojoJojo on February 10, 2010, 11:07:23 AM
Oddly wiki makes no mention of Putty Squad being a sequel.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Putty Squad is a 1994 video game for the SNES, developed by System 3 and published by Ocean Software.[1] It was also developed for the Amiga A1200, Mega Drive and MS-DOS but these ports were ultimately unpublished. It is the sequel to Putty (1992)].

But yeah, I only played the demo on my ol' A1200 and remember it being much much butter than the original

Spiteface

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 10, 2010, 11:01:03 AM
I agree with everything there. There's some great levels on SA2, though I still reckon Sonic Heroes is better still, even though it has negative connotations with Sega giving up and becoming just another software house.

I enjoyed Sonic Heroes as well.  Shadow was an ill-advised attempt at making the franchise "dark & edgy".  If he was a one-shot character and never continued past SA2, I'd be much more positive about him.  He was nowhere to be found in Sonic Unleashed, and I highly doubt he will make an appearance in Sonic 4, given it will be set before SA2.  I'd be amazed if there are any more characters beyond Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Dr Eggman and an army of badniks, truth be told.

It's actually fucking amazing how many people are writing off Sonic 4 based on THREE SECONDS of beta footage in the most recent trailer, mostly because Sega's seemingly using the newer green-eyed model they've been using of late, rather than him looking like the megadrive incarnation.  Trukk not Munky indeed.

torz77

3 pages, and no one has mentioned Braid?

Words can not describe the pure awesomeness of Braid... More of a Platform Puzzler than a straight up Platformer. Best not to youtube vids of it, as it will give away some of it's tricks and secrets, and it is waaaaay more rewarding to suss them out for yourself.

Braid:

(as an aside, at least one person in this thread is going to recognise the right hand character in the above picture from another site)

Eight Taiwanese Teenagers

biggytitbo

Quote from: torz77 on February 13, 2010, 12:35:13 AM
3 pages, and no one has mentioned Braid?

Words can not describe the pure awesomeness of Braid... More of a Platform Puzzler than a straight up Platformer. Best not to youtube vids of it, as it will give away some of it's tricks and secrets, and it is waaaaay more rewarding to suss them out for yourself.

Braid:

(as an aside, at least one person in this thread is going to recognise the right hand character in the above picture from another site)
I downloaded this because of all the raves about it and bloody hell its frustratingly hard isn't it? And why is the lead character Jonathon Ross?

madhair60

Don't like Braid.

I've been playing Chuck Rock on the Mega Drive, which is ridiculously easy.

Chuck Rock 2?  Pretty sure I'm missing something.  He can whack things, he can jump, he can stand on his club, but there are still platforms and items completely out of reach, with no rocks nearby to shift into place and stand on.

torz77

Quote from: biggytitbo on February 13, 2010, 04:02:12 PM
I downloaded this because of all the raves about it and bloody hell its frustratingly hard isn't it? And why is the lead character Jonathon Ross?

Heh, he certainly is a strange choice for main protagonist.

It is very hard in places, but always logical. Quite often you'll go away from it for a while, come back and the answer presents itself.

Managing to grab a puzzle piece that had you totally stumped for days, though, is incredibly rewarding.

Think I might play it again, although I'm not sure how good the replay value will be now I know how to solve everything.

Pseudopath

Quote from: torz77 on February 14, 2010, 03:29:12 AM
Think I might play it again, although I'm not sure how good the replay value will be now I know how to solve everything.

There's always the eight secret stars. If you haven't got them, you haven't really completed it.

torz77

I never completed the stars, maybe I'll go back and do it.

I was put off by the fact that you need to just leave the game running for about 8 hours to get one of them. I thought that was taking things a bit far.