Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:58:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghostbusters: A Thread About It All

Started by Jemble Fred, February 08, 2010, 10:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kane Jones

Quote from: Ignatius_S on August 16, 2012, 11:16:52 AMto all intensive purposes

Sorry, sorry, sorry.  It's 'to all intents and purposes'. Sorry.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Kane Jones on August 17, 2012, 10:12:21 AM
Sorry, sorry, sorry.  It's 'to all intents and purposes'. Sorry.

You're quite right I should have avoided those words – however, 'to all intents and purposes' didn't fit in with what I wanted to say, as I wanted to reflect how Aykroyd had said he would be focussing his energies. Unfortunately, I missed something off that sentence – because of that and typos in that post, I suspect I didn't have time to check before posting or got distracted when. But thanks!

Replies From View

Pingers

Sorry for the necrothreading, but I watched Ghostbusters yesterday with my kids for the first time in ages, and the verdict from Pingers Place is....... It's a crock of shit. Yeah, the premise is good and there are some entertaining bits, but after watching Murray's sleazfest for that long I just wanted a shower. Absolutely hated him in it. The last 80s film I watched was Heathers, which had held up a lot, lot better in the intervening years.

Replies From View

Pingers

Yeah, I know it's the opinion everyone's been waiting for. I just wanted to say something about it. On the internet.

momatt

Quote from: Pingers on February 26, 2019, 12:47:09 PM
Absolutely hated him in it.

You know what, I know where you're coming from.
The character is a total wanker all the way through.  A likeable wanker, but certainly not the cool dude I remember thinking he was as a kid.
Bit sleazy too.

St_Eddie

Quote from: momatt on February 26, 2019, 05:27:18 PM
Bit sleazy too.

Bringing a tranquilizer with you on a first date; "bit sleazy".