Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

VW's Top 1000 Games

Started by The Boston Crab, February 08, 2010, 05:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#925: BY FAIR MEANS OR FOUL

Genre: 2D boxing fighter
Format: BBC Micro
Publisher: Superior Software
Year: 1988
Developer: Michael Simpson and Terry Simpson

It's a boxing game where cheating is highly advantageous... if the ref's not looking of course!

Kicks to the bollocks are highly encouraged, but just make sure that the official is looking elsewhere when you try it. Headbutts are also very useful, especially if you've spotted that the referee has dozed off momentarily.

By Fair Means Or Foul was first released on the BBC Micro, with good ports following onto other 8-bit systems like the Amstrad CPC. Nice well-drawn large chunky sprites with good collision detection. There's an enhanced Acorn BBC Master 128 version too, which features background music (by Chris Abbott), a high score feature and character portrait screens.

The audience involvement in the boxing is nice as well. They spout comments as the match flows, exhorting the official to concentrate or admonishing you for your dirty tactics. Nyuk nyuk nyuk!

BBC MICRO By Fair Means Or Foul

#924: PERSIAN GULF INFERNO

Genre: 2D platform shooter
Format: Amiga / C64 / Atari ST
Publisher: Magic Bytes / Innerprise
Year: 1989
Developer: Parsec Software

An oil rig has been taken over, and the baddies have threatened to blow it up with a nuke if their demands aren't met. We can't have that now, can we?

Save that precious oil for your paymasters from those nasty swarthy bearded types. Oh, and you might save your ass (and those of the hostages) if you cut the correct wire to the nuclear bomb at the end.

Good side-on platform shooter, where ammo conservation is key. It kind of takes a more realistic bent compared to other platform shooters, and the zoomed-out realistic little graphics adds to that.

Amiga Longplay [042] Persian Gulf Inferno

#923: HIGH NOON

Genre: 2D single-screen shooter
Format: C64
Publisher: Ocean
Year: 1984
Developer: Andrew Spencer and Steve Wiggins

You're the white-hat wearing marshall of an American frontier town in the Old West, and the place is rife with black-hat wearing bandits. These pistol-brandishing good-for-nothings are out to steal all the whores from the saloon, and all the money bags from the bank.

It is your unrelenting job to send these suckers six feet under before they can plunder.

Keep the undertaker busy, and watch as he drags corpse after corpse off the dusty street. Just don't let any of the bodies he drags be yours.

High Noon is a lovely little old school 8-bit single-screen shooting game. The little attentions to detail are sweet, such as the swinging saloon doors when people pass through them. The background music is Washington and Tiomkin's classic "The Ballad Of High Noon" aka "Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darlin'".

Every so often you get a chance to reap some bonus points by beating a rival to draw your gun. Be quick or be dead!

C64 Longplay - High Noon

#922: UFC 2009 UNDISPUTED

Genre: 3D MMA fighter
Format: PS3 / XBox 360
Publisher: THQ
Year: 2009
Developer: Yuke's

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a superb simulator of near-naked men excitedly groping each other.

For those not necessarily turned on by that, it is also a great fighting videogame. Basically, you can win the bouts either by punching/kicking your opponent's lights out, or by choking/disabling a part of their body.

The impacts are satisfying, the 3D models rarely if ever clip through each other, the commentaries are well done, the gameplay is deep, the AI on higher difficulties is challenging, and the controls are quite well laid out.

I much prefer fighting games set in reality (no ludicrous jumping, or fireballs etc). This UFC game hits the spot (ooooof!).

UFC Undisputed - Flying Armbar Finish

dr_christian_troy

Great thread! I just bought a console that plays old NES and Megadrive games ( http://www.thinkgeek.com/electronics/retro-gaming/bd92/ ). I have a fair few old Megadrive games but no NES games, so any you'd recommend I'll definitely look for on eBay. Also I'm generally learning about many games I'd never heard of - keep up the good work Garfield and Friends and friends!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: j_u_d_a_s on February 16, 2010, 05:04:02 AM
#927: Silent Hill 2
Good stuff there. I was trying to compose a review of it myself but I don't think I could have put it any better. I think I said in one of the other gaming threads recently, it's still the best example of games as an artform that I can think of. Not only because of the superb sound and visuals, but also the way the multiple endings are determined quite subtly by the style of play you adopt throughout the game.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteKlax
Year: 1991
Format: Arcade, home
Genre: Puzzle
Publisher: Atari

Is there any reason that looks (going from pictures only) almost exactly the same as Guitar Hero?

Still Not George

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 16, 2010, 02:00:13 PM
Is there any reason that looks (going from pictures only) almost exactly the same as Guitar Hero?

Very good point, that. Hmm. Harmonix may be in control of a insecure patent...

biggytitbo

Wow, you're right!

It's not unsimilar is it?

Jemble Fred

They're equally wank, too.

Well, certainly, to me, that distorted Spectrum voice intoning "KLAX – WAVE!" was the signal for boredom. But I was a child, I was bored, I kept loading it up, having a quick go and then taking it off again.

Phil_A

#921: Thief: The Dark Project
Year: 1998
Publisher: Eidos
Format: PC
Genre: First Person Stealth
Developer: Looking Glass Studios

Thief: TDP was a First Person game that redefined the genre. Instead of a macho space marine who absorbs bullets like a sponge, you play Garrett, a nimble but somewhat weedy thief, employed by a guild to rob the mansions of the rich and greedy. The game takes place in a steampunk-like city controlled by three competing factions - the Keepers, the Pagans and The Hammerites(so-called because of the enormous hammers they carry around, for the the purposes of re-educating any unbelievers they might meet).

During your missions you have to avoid detection at all costs, in fact combat is best avoided altogether. Any kind of commotion will likely attract the attention of every armed thug in the area, and tackling more than one opponent at a time is basically suicide. You have to use the environment to your advantage, staying in the shadows, extinguishing torches, laying down moss on metal floors to muffle your footsteps.

The plot occurs mainly through cutscenes at the beginning of each mission, but many clues can be picked up through listening in on conversations or reading the documents left scattered around. One of the great things about the game is that you can avoid all the background stuff if you want to, but if curiosity leads you to explore a little further you can find out some interesting details.

What really makes the game is the outstanding voice-acting. The overheard conversations of guards as they idly chew the fat, the mumbled prayers of religious zealots, and their curses as they chase after you. It all builds the atmosphere brilliantly and makes the world of Thief seem "real". There's nothing like the adrenaline rush of deliberately provoking a bunch of guards, running as fast as you can and then hearing their angry taunts as they look for you. "YOU'RE DEAD, TAFFER!"

Thief: The Dark Project (PC-Game) Walkthrough M01: Lord Bafford's Manor Part 1/3
Thief: The Dark Project (PC-Game) Walkthrough M02: Break From Cragsleft Prison Part 2/4

#920: NINJA

Genre: 2D flip-screen beat 'em up
Format: Atari 800 XL / C64 / Amstrad CPC / Spectrum / and more
Publisher: Mastertronic
Year: 1986
Developer: Sculptered Software

Ah, yes. Ninjas, eh? The '80s were plagued by a Ninja infestation. You couldn't but apply your Studio Line hair mousse in morning only for a Ninja to pop out of your closet to thwack you with a copy of Smash Hits magazine.

And so, here's 'Ninja', the game. A nice, albeit short, foray into the life of a shuriken-throwing pyjama-wearer. You must collect 7 idols scattered around the locality, and ultimately off the local Mr Big with your katana blade.

In your way stands numerous karate dudes, evil ninjas, and surly alcoholic thugs. You can either sock them in the chops in close quarters (inadvisable), or throw stars and knives at 'em (preferable). Once thrown, you can pick up your assortment of killing utensils for reuse elsewhere. Nice, and it helps save the environment too.

Atari XL/XE - Ninja [Mastertronic] 1986

#919: OUTLAWS

Genre: 3D-ish first person shooter
Format: Windows
Publisher: Lucasarts
Year: 1997
Developer: Lucasarts

Mid '90s kind-of-3D FPS games were often low-resolution affairs, with textures being very blocky and environments having low polygon counts. So to stand out from the crowd, one needed to differentiate elsewhere - either in atmosphere, level layout, sound design, or indeed all of the above areas and more.

Outlaws by Lucasarts does differentiate well, and takes place in a cartoon-like Wild West. You get to mow down baddies by quick-firing your six-shooter. Cool!

The way-out-west soundtrack is TOP NOTCH listening (composed by Clint Bajakian). The sound effects are similarly great and quotable.

"Don't be a FOOL, marshall!"

"Aw meester, I've seen better shooting at the county fair!"

"Hey, mister laaaawwwwwmaaaan!"

Outlaws - Gameplay Part 2/2

Phil_A

Quote from: Garfield And Friends on February 16, 2010, 03:35:28 PM
#919: OUTLAWS

Genre: 3D-ish first person shooter
Format: Windows
Publisher: Lucasarts
Developer: Lucasarts

Mid '90s kind-of-3D FPS games were often low-resolution affairs, with textures being very blocky and environments having low polygon counts. So to stand out from the crowd, one needed to differentiate elsewhere - either in atmosphere, level layout, sound design, or indeed all of the above areas and more.

Outlaws by Lucasarts does differentiate well, and takes place in a cartoon-like Wild West. You get to mow down baddies by quick-firing your six-shooter. Cool!

The way-out-west soundtrack is TOP NOTCH listening (composed by Clint Bajakian). The sound effects are similarly great and quotable.

"Don't be a FOOL, marshall!"

"Aw meester, I've seen better shooting at the county fair!"

"Hey, mister laaaawwwwwmaaaan!"

Outlaws - Gameplay Part 2/2

Fantastic! I remember playing the demo of this when we got our first ever PC. Always wanted to play the real thing but never got round to buying it.

#918: DIE HARD ARCADE

Genre: 3D beat 'em up
Format: Coin-op Arcade / Saturn
Publisher: Sega
Year: 1996
Developer: AM1 / Sega Tech Institute

Brawling.

Brainless.

Brilliant.

CORRIDOR PUNCH!

Die Hard Arcade (Sega Saturn, Level 1, 1/15/08)

HappyTree

One of my all-time favourite "slap in the play" games is Jet Set Radio Future. Originally out for the Dreamcast as Jet Set Radio, this Xbox port/upgrade was fantastic. It had some of the most toe-tapping, funky hip-hop or whatever genre you'd call it as a soundtrack and the gameplay was simple but addictive.

Just dive around to the grooves as you do grinds and amazing flips on your rollerblades. I never finished this game, I doubt I ever will. I couldn't muster up much desire to complete the story as I just liked mucking around.

The music is more than just a soundtrack, though. The whole game is based around music and I love the way the characters bop to the music even when standing still. I find myself mimicking their cool moves in my chair.

I lovva lovva love you!

[720p] JetSet Radio Future

#916: PRINCE OF PERSIA

Genre: 2D platformer
Format: Apple 2 / Amiga / Amstrad CPC / and more
Publisher: Broderbund
Developer: Broderbund / Jordan Mechner

There's this persian princess who's a right bit of totty. She takes an interest in you, but unfortunately the vizier Jaffar notices this and has you locked in a prison. You've one hour to escape and rescue the princess before Jaffar marries her.

Jaffar's prison is a large multi-storied building with many traps, puzzles and dangers - both architectural and in the form of roaming sword-wielding guards.

Prince Of Persia has beautifully animated sprites (rotoscoped), simple but effective swordplay, and pleasing platforming challenges abound.

Apple II : Prince Of Persia

hpmons

Quote from: torz77 on February 15, 2010, 11:53:10 PM
#928: Syndicate

Genre: Real Time Strategy
Format: Amiga, PC, Mac, SNES, MegaDrive, Jaguar, CD32, 3DO
Publisher: Ocean/Electronic Arts
Year: 1993
Developer: Bullfrog

I want to like it, and someone keeps insisting its brilliant, but I can't quite gather enough enthusiasm for it, so I never got past the first couple of missions.  I am however inventing a PERSUADATRON.

Quote from: Garfield And Friends on February 16, 2010, 08:20:23 PM
#916: PRINCE OF PERSIA

Format: Apple 2 / Amiga / Amstrad CPC / and more
Publisher: Broderbund
Developer: Broderbund / Jordan Mechner
I was thinking of adding that myself, but then I always preferred Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow and the Flame.  I suppose PoP1 deserves the praise for being the first, but from what I understand, you only fight men and skeletons in it.  In Prince of Persia 2 there are scary flying head which SCREAM! ARGGGGHHHH! It also had more varied and pretty graphics.

#915: LITTLEBIGPLANET

Genre: 3D side-scrolling platformer
Format: PS3
Publisher: Sony
Year: 2008
Developer: Media Molecule

Simple platformer with fun physics. Your toy-like character can push items in the levels and cling onto things. That's basically it.

Outside of the single-player mode, there's a level-design feature and internet content sharing, if that's your thang. Not me, though.

LittleBigPlanet - God Of War Demon Skull

hpmons

#914 Riven

Genre: Adventure
Developer: Cyan

Myst was the one that started it all (and until The Sims came along, it was the best-selling computer game of all time), yet I've never felt much love for it somehow.  Riven on the other hand...Oh Riven...Just looking at that image above makes me want to abandon typing these words and plunge myself back into it...

Firstly, the graphics are to die for.  Yes, it's largely picture jumping (360 degree turning was introduced in Myst 3, and I think Myst 4 finally had proper movement), but everything is so very pretty.

Screenshots really can't do justice to how epic it feels though.  The soundtrack is gorgeous and really sets the tone - I love the soundtracks to all Myst games and often just listen to them randomly.  And it has one of my favourite features - live action sequences! Real actual people on your computer screen! Remember that! Yes! ACTUAL PEOPLE! THERE! SEE!

What I really loved about it as a child was just the exploration.  The reason I bought the game in the first place was because of the demo: you can get into a little pod thing attached at the top to rails, and then soar through the air from one island to another.  In another area you can jump into a cart underground that will rattle its way underground, and then in a lake area you can go underwater!

Its really satisfying when you solve a puzzle and uncover more of the area as well.  For ages I didnt realise that there was a huge area behind the temple at the beginning of the game, it was such a thrill to discover it.  Like the rest of the series though, there are some puzzles that are a little too difficult...A little? Who am I kidding, I find it hard to believe anyone can complete any of the myst games, other than the original, without a walkthrough. Turning and twisting knobs and experimenting is fun, having some stupid incomprehensible marble game is not.

As always, the plot feels a little lacking.  It starts with Atrus saying he has some problem, and gives you a journal which will explain everything...Wait, what? No! This doesn't explain a thing!

I've always been a little disappointed that Myst got an updated version (realMyst - proper 3D graphics and weather effects) but Riven never did.  I guess Riven is a larger game though, and it would be harder to do.

Craig Torso

#913 Defcon

Genre: RTS
Year: 2006
Developer: Introversion

This is how Defcon starts.

This is how it ends.

In the interim there is an awful lot of tension as the six players prepare for nuclear war.  You cannot win.  You can place your radars and anti-missile systems anywhere you like.  But millions of your population will be killed.  Remember that alliance you formed at the beginning?  Well your partner's nuclear submarines are surfacing on your coast.  Except, of course, you've left some boats there just in case but those subs still fire off a few missiles which destroyed a few strategic radar posts and now someone else is sending in their airforce to take advantage of this.  Thankfully you've still got two undetected missile silos left so you fire off a few rockets towards Moscow, knowing that that player doesn't have any nuclear missiles left to retaliate with.  Unfortunately the reason he doesn't have any left is because they are all on their way to your country.

And so on.  It's absurdly tense and there's an incredible amount to take in at any given moment.  The best is still the countdown to Defcon 1 and then the wait until the first missiles start firing.  The longer you wait the more chance you have of destroying someone's cities once their defences have gone.  But wait too long and they've either not got any cities left (thanks to the other players) or someone else has destroyed all your defences leaving your cities unguarded.

It's all about the atmosphere.  The death counts become abstract numbers as the explosions appear on your screen.  You start to imagine you really are in some underground bunker playing a terrifying game with the surface.  The soundtrack helps wonderfully, peppered with the occasional distant cries of those unlucky enough not to be in the elite.  Very few other games manage to make you feel both this powerful and this helpless.

chocky909

Good write up Craig. You've really put across why it deserves to be in the top 1000 in a personal way. Sadly, I can't say the same for G&Fs last two 'reviews'. Sorry but I think if you haven't got anything in particular to say about your choice then leave it for someone else to do. Am I being harsh? This is your actual review of LittleBigPlanet outside of youtube link and screenshot...

QuoteSimple platformer with fun physics. Your toy-like character can push items in the levels and cling onto things. That's basically it.

Outside of the single-player mode, there's a level-design feature and internet content sharing, if that's your thang. Not me, though.

Maybe I shouldn't be so critical of someone posting in a thread that I haven't contributed to at all. I'll try to do a good one at some point.

Quote from: chocky909 on February 17, 2010, 12:55:37 AM
I think if you haven't got anything in particular to say about your choice then leave it for someone else to do. Am I being harsh?

I don't think so, no, and I was tempted to post the same. I appreciate G&F's enthusiasm to 'fill up' the list but that's not really the point of these threads, as anyone who read/contributed to the similar ones in Oscillations. In fairness, he's made several lengthier posts too but to brush off the likes of SMB or LBP in a couple of sentences is a bit of a shame. I'd hope he wouldn't mind if anyone re-wrote certain short-thrift entries which are close to their hearts...

Quote from: chocky909 on February 17, 2010, 12:55:37 AM
Maybe I shouldn't be so critical of someone posting in a thread that I haven't contributed to at all. I'll try to do a good one at some point.
Good. Hopefully sooner and not just one!

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 17, 2010, 09:20:25 AM
I'd hope he wouldn't mind if anyone re-wrote certain short-thrift entries which are close to their hearts...
I don't mind at all (reuse the piccys/youtubes if you want), so long as the list number herein is kept!

Thanks, dude. I did mean to also say that I have been enjoying your steady flow of contributions , just a few certain titles I thought deserved a little more.

What this means is: prepare for a 29-year-old man painfully eulogising about the transcendental 'feel' of Mario and some such wank.

#912: PITFALL 2 LOST CAVERNS

Format: Atari 2600 / Atari 800 XL / Atari 5200 / Colecovision / and more
Publisher: Activision
Year: 1984
Developer: David Crane / Activision

Pitfall Harry is after a rare diamond ring deep within some catacombs. Simultaneously, he must find and rescue his pet lion, Quickclaw, and his niece Rhonda, who have both somehow managed to lose themselves underground!

What this boils down to is avoiding contact with deadly erractic creatures like stinging scorpions, vampiric bats, electric eels, poisonous frogs, and swooping condors. Luckily, these particular caverns have some ladders and platforms (handy, that) that make traversing the expanse a bit less arduous. Also, if you wish to enrich your pockets on the way, there's unclaimed bars of mined gold to swipe, if you can find them!

I recommend reading the book "Racing The Beam" by Montfort and Bogost to get an idea what a huge challenge such a vast, (relatively) detailed, playable scrolling platform game such as Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns is to program on the puny Atari 2600 hardware. The book details the first game (Pitfall 1) amongst others, but it is easy to extrapolate the enormous challenge that the much more ambitious sequel was to create.

All this talk of Activision ingenuity and nerdy 6502 code excellence would mean little to the wider gameplaying public if the result was not fun to play. Fortunately Pitfall 2 is superb! Possibly the best game on the VCS system; definitely top 5 anyway.

Music is a rare commodity in an Atari 2600 game, but the Pitfall 2 tunes pass the whistle test with flying colours. David Crane, the programmer and creator, went so far as to included a custom 4-channel sound chip into every Pitfall 2 game cartridge.

A great innovation of the soundtrack is that Crane made it context-sensitive, so the 'happy' segment plays when you collect a gold bar before it returns to the standard air, and the 'sad' segment plays when you get hit by a beastie.

Crane even saw fit to include a short cover of the classical track "Over the Waves" by Juventino Rosas, which plays when Pitfall Harry catches a lift on a stray helium balloon.

While the Atari 2600 is a technical marvel, the best editions of the game are the Atari 5200 and Atari 800 XL versions (the "Adventurer's Edition"), which feature a whole new quest at the end of the normal challenge. This new quest is a big step up in the difficulty stakes, and very worthwhile for its new features/enemies and more puzzling caverns layout.

To wrap up, you know a game is utterly polished when even the packaging and artwork is a classy affair. The box art and cartridge image is of Harry plummeting down a cavern, with brown walls barely illuminated by his latern. But this real clincher is the instruction manual, billed as 'Pitfall Harry's Diary', written by 'Harry' himself and details the way to play the game via letter correspondence with David Crane!

Lost caverns run 1of 2

torz77

Is it just me, or are a lot of these images not working? Nearly all of them come from Moby Games, so I guess they don't allow hotlinking.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yes, that's annoying.

I enjoy Defcon but the general ambience- the music and the sound effects are really smothering and puts me in a really sad depressed mood if I play on it for too long. Plus I'm shit at it.

Tokyo Sexwhale

#911: MORTAL KOMBAT

Genre: 2D versus fighting
Format: Coin-op Arcade
Publisher: Midway
Year: 1992
Developer: Ed Boon / John Tobias / Midway

Bar one or two exceptions, hand-drawn sprites had essentially ruled the roost in the arcades (and on home microcomputers) from the word go. Even if sprites were humanoid in appearance (Final Fight's characters, for instance), they were very obviously cartoonish in nature. Someone had likely plotted these people, spaceships, and racing cars on graph paper before poking them into life in some pixel art graphics program.

In part, because of this artificial appearance of videogame protagonists, there was a limit to what even the most gory title could achieve, shock-wise. Cartoon sprites had an impact ceiling in this regard. A plateau.

There was a time for upping the ante in sprite realism.
There was a time for brashness and brutality.
That time was 1992 and the game was Mortal Kombat!

Without the world wide web as we now know it to spill the beans, coming across this machine for the first time was mind-blowing. This was not like what had gone before. This looked lifelike, or at least at the time on large rasterlined arcade CRT screens in '92 it did!

My tentative first plays on this new videogame left a good impression on me. The roundhouses felt like roundhouses. The uppercuts felt like uppercuts! The snozberries tasted like snozberries! The all-too-realistic look of the characters contrasted nicely with the over-the-top impacts and accompanying sound effects. Real but unreal.

All that, without knowing any of the special moves (though having seen the computer and other players perform them). Eventually some local toerag let me in on how to perform a few special moves, and I was away running! Or so I thought, until he promptly beat me in two straight rounds, only to then RIP MY CHARACTER'S BLEEDIN' HEAD OFF! Even in defeat, it was jawdroppingly ace! Finish him, indeed. Well, that was the 'mortal' part of game demonstrated. This wasn't an ordinary street fight; it was to the death. A gimmick yes, but executed (!) very well.

Scorpion soon became my perferred character to play as. Yet another cool thing about the game was his 'harpoon' special move. Chuck it at an opponent, and if it sticks into their neck, reel 'em in. Get over here! Ha ha! The game was definitely nowhere as deep in gameplay terms compared to its significant Capcom-made rival, but it was more than good enough as it stood (and was ahead of many versus fighting games that sprung up like mushrooms in '92-'94).

The aesthetics of style matter in videogames. It's a visual medium after all.

Mortal Kombat 1 is the best looking 2D MK game. Why?

Though set in a fantasy world with sorcery, the actor's costumes avoided being over-detailed and over-elaborate, and were all the more believable (within the fantasy context) for it. Scorpion's black hood and ninja trousers are loose-fitting ordinary cloth, and his yellow shinguards were small plain affairs. Johnny Cage enters the fray wearing cycle shorts with a red sash. Kano sports a simple loose-fitting white uniform with a diagonal brown belt across the chest. And so on.

Similarly with the backgrounds, they was little in the way of 'Outworld' alien-ness, and in fact they could easily have come from a 1970s kung fu movie set in a far eastern island.

Mortal Kombat's 'realistic' art style was spot-on, despite the roughness of the imperfect green-screen capturing technology.

Later MK games (2, 3, Ultimate) had much improved actor video capturing, and more resultant sprite frames to boot, but the increasingly slick tailored clothing styles of the characters made it far too spandex and silly (compared to the original game's grit) for my liking.

Though its gameplay isn't as sophisticated as its sequels, I still prefer the first. Especially in real stand-up cabinet form.

Mortal Kombat arcade Sub-Zero no jumping 1/2