Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:58:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me find these games!

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 08, 2010, 10:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cerys Net Yaroze submission to the top 1000 games thread reminded me that there was a Rollercoaster Designer which came with a OPSM demo disc around 2000. I don't know what that was called, but as you'd expect with it being me, it was very dry, but it let you ride the coaster with some pretty respectable 3d graphics- at the time the whole concept of being on a coaster in 3D was pretty new- it might have even predated the one on Theme Park World which crashed all the time. But what was it called?

The next one is much more difficult. We're talking early 90's DOS titles. It was a simple simulation where you were in control of a ship, and the ship needed to jump from one abstract object to the next in order to survive. The objects were these blocky colourful objects that came towards you from the horizon. As you progressed they would increase in speed and decrease in size making it a gradually tougher challenge. What was it? Something obvious I'm going to be embarrassed about?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Hah...joking, right?

Just in case - no - this was a patch of grass where all you got to do was design a fairly limited rollercoaster- and then test it out- and then get a load of data about it. That was it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I must be a right ungracious bastard saying this but that's not what I described. What I'm looking for is like a spacecraft...it's not a racing game- the object is to keep your ship on the shapes coming forward.

As far as I remember the graphics were blocky- early 90's DOS quality. So not like a proper arcade/coin-up game in feel at all, but essentially the controls and the gameplay were similar.

Detective John Kimble

Is the second one SkyRoads?

If it is, you can get it here - it's freeware.  If it isn't, then get it anyway because it's bloody good. 

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm excited. That does look a lot like it!

Argh. No....

QuoteThis system does not support fullscreen. Please terminate program.

Marv Orange

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

This may help.. I use this to play old games like 'I have no mouth and I must scream'

Viero_Berlotti

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 08, 2010, 10:54:40 PM
I must be a right ungracious bastard saying this but that's not what I described.

No worries, and to be honest I knew it wouldn't be correct. I've just been looking for a chance to reference The Sentinel for a while now.

Detective John Kimble

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 08, 2010, 10:58:32 PM
I'm excited. That does look a lot like it!

Argh. No....

Try this:  Right click on SKYROADS.EXE, click "Properties", go to the Compatibility tab, tick "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and then choose Windows 95 from the menu.  Works for me in fullscreen without having to use DOSbox, although I'm using XP.