Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Metropolis - the restored "directors cut"

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, February 08, 2010, 11:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Lfbarfe on February 15, 2010, 08:50:23 PM
This covers all of the running times and lengths:

http://www.michaelorgan.org.au/Metrof.htm
Thanks.  With all the different running speeds it looks like the important bit of information is the length in feet.  The 2001 DVD appears to be a straight frame for frame transfer making it 116 min (not 118min : 2 min of it is the intro/explanatory captions) @ 25fps rather than the 121 min @ 24fps as listed on that page.
I worked out the Arte version was at 24fps (You can see some telltale 1-frame fades between some of the shots) making it around 13068 feet, meaning there's now only 7 min(@24fps) missing compared with the 1927 premiere.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 15, 2010, 08:39:39 PM

Why would they laugh?  It makes no sense.  That scene already looks a little fast.  At 27fps it'd be even faster.

Perhaps "27" was a typo for "17"?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 16, 2010, 02:14:22 AM
Perhaps "27" was a typo for "17"?
Possibly, but there's a discussion here about it and one guy says "I ran across two sources that say that Huppertz wrote a recommended projection speed of 25-27 fps onto his score, which suggests to me that Lang approved of this speed.".  Another comment on that page suggests 28fps.  That'd be insanely fast though.  You wouldn't want to make it any faster than it already is.

Santa's Boyfriend

Does anyone know if subtitles for the arte extras have appeared?  I can't find any.