Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:58:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Rock, Paper, Spock.

Started by Zero Gravitas, February 16, 2010, 04:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Gravitas

Thoroughly entertaining escape from real work today with a discussion of balancing systems a-la Scissors-Paper-Stone:

A Beats B
B Beats C
C Beats A

Jacquard Loom disenfranchises Artisan Textile Workers.
Artisan Textile Workers wear out their Clogs by looking for new employment.
Clogs thrown into machinery of Jacquard Looms and break the workings.

Excessive Bit-shifting confounds Optimising Compiler
Optimising Compiler switches out Expressions that reduce to constants
Expressions that reduce to constants are more readable than Excessive Bit-shifting

Cat Shreds Tinfoil
Tinfoil Breaks Microwave
Microwave Cooks Cat*

*May have stolen this one.

Artemis

Lubbock befriends Barrymore
Barrymore buys Pool
Pool drowns Lubbock

That sort of thing?

Zero Gravitas

No! that's just a series of events! with variably positive or negative relationships!

If we overlay that onto Rock,Paper,Stone, who wins if I choose Pool and you choose Barrymore? well Lubbock looses in the long run but does the pool win because it gets bought? does Barrymore win because he gets a pool?

Lubbock befriends Barrymore - I suppose this is nice for both of them so both are a winning option.
Barrymore buys Pool - I suppose Barrymore wins because he owns a pool now, there's no real negative effect on the pool.
Pool drowns Lubbock - Lubbock looses because he's deadeded.

so the full positive or negative outcomes are:

Lubbock +1,-1 = 0
Barrymore +1,+1 = +2
Pool +0,+1 = +1

So you'd constantly win if you choose Barrymore, I'm not sure you were even trying quite frankly!

Ginyard

Minimoog Voyager OS has 24db&12db/oct dual lowpass/ high/lowpass fillters unlike the MS20's which are only 12db/oct.

MS20 's patchbay provides the performer with far more modulation capabilities than those offered by the Yamaha CS10.

Yamaha CS10 has rock steady pitch-cv tracking which makes it very suitable for midi-cv conversion unlike the Minimoog Voyager OS, which is being an absolute cunt today as I've discovered that its output voltage is not only lower than the yamaha's but wont track pitch via my kenton midi converter properly which means I have to get a suitable external attenuator for it some time this week the fucking pain-in-the-arse bitch motherfucker.

Zero Gravitas

That's good Ginyard, glad that someone is taking this seriously.

Ginyard

Fred Flintstone has a bigger cock than Barney Rubble
Barney Rubble bangs Dino
Dino has a bigger tail than Fred

An tSaoi

Man shits in toilet
Toilet flushes shit
Shit gets last laugh cause Man is out of bog roll

Artemis

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on February 16, 2010, 08:11:14 PM
So you'd constantly win if you choose Barrymore

Never a truer word spoken.