Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:06:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Portal 2 [split topic]

Started by madhair60, March 02, 2010, 11:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on May 25, 2011, 07:50:46 PM
Now I just need a very patient and forgiving person to play co-op

Call me.

MonkeyDrummer

Got there first VegaLA. I'd play co-op on it with anyone. I've played it quite a bit through with one of my mates, but haven't finished it yet. I have already repeat played some chambers with other folks, but embarrassingly I couldn't remember the solutions.

This is the genius of the co-op mode though, one person might get it pretty quickly and have to lead the other in instructing them what to do, so if you were just following orders then you haven't really solved it so a repeat try feels like a new chamber.

What I loved most about co-op is, that it is just that. Totally co-operative, and more interaction with my partner than on any other game. On one particular level, my partner and I discussed our observations and theories for 30 minutes. Came up with a solution, then FAILED. Back to the drawing board. I think that room took us about an hour to solve.

Brilliant! In no other game I've been exposed to have I ever spent 50 minutes communicating ideas and discussing possible solutions, and then just 10 minutes actually "playing the game".

I'm hoping someone comes along and tells me, "well you clearly haven't played xxxx" Because I'd love more of that.

So, er, yeah. Hook me up on Steam.

superpie

Looks like Valve have just put up a soundtrack to the game (free download).

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

surreal

Quote from: superpie on May 26, 2011, 07:48:43 AM
Looks like Valve have just put up a soundtrack to the game (free download).

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

It's not bad actually, obviously quite bleepy but very listenable if you like electronic music in general

buntyman

I revisited Portal 2 at the weekend as I abandoned it about 6 months ago after getting annoyed at a goo related puzzle about 3/4 of the way through. I completed it last night, thoroughly enjoying the remainder and am surprised to read that the co-op mode is better and has a load of new puzzles. Unfortunately for me, I haven't got any friends so, instead of me trying to operate one of my controllers with my feet, is anyone here up for taking on a few puzzles cooperatively with me?

mikeyg27

What system? I might be able to do that at some point.

buntyman

I sorry, I should've said, Xbox. I should also have said, I'm not very good at it.