Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tron Legacy

Started by Johnny Textface, March 09, 2010, 01:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Textface

First trailer for the long awaited sequel to the cult 80's classic Tron has finally arrived..

http://www.program-glitch-esc.net/

The music reminds me of The Dark Knight - apparently it's by Daft Punk??
Looks fucking awsome amirite?

Blumf

God dammit!!! I'm going to be soo fucking disappointed with this film, it just can't be as good as I want it to be.

But... everything in the clips looks great and a perfect reason to go all HD and 3D (Brum's Imax better bloody have it showing!)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It's a while since I've seen it but, iconic visuals aside, the original isn't particularly good, is it?

Ginyard

GASP!

Not particularly good?  Despite a few plodding moments, its bloody awesome, Claude! I was only about 8 when I saw it at the cinema, watched it quite recently and was pleased to see that its still a decent film. I love Carlos' off-centre soundtrack (Daft Punk for the new one? I hope not), the weird graphics, Jeff Bridges doing his thing etc. This new trailer looks a bit 'meh' to me, just updated graphics. I gather its a play-it-safe popcorn flick so doubt its going to attempt to be groundbreaking and daring like the original. I really hope to be proven wrong and find that its got a killer story to it because I would love for this to be a terrific film.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Fair enough, then. I was just expecting this to be nothing more than nicely art directed mush, but now you've set me up for disappointment.

I hope you're proud of yourself.

Ginyard

An tSaoi

Why has your avatar gone weird?

Ginyard

I deleted my other one by mistake yesterday and my 'rikertar' is stored on an external hard drive, currently in a suitcase. So until I unpack and plug in, I wont be able to replace it.

Santa's Boyfriend

Let's face it, there's no way in hell this could ever be as groundbreaking as the first film was, no way it can ever wow us with new stuff, unless it does something spectacularly new with the 3D (I assume it's in 3D?).  It isn't going to be a true sequel to the original.  But hopefully it's going to be a good film.

It looks quite nice, anyway.

I don't think that music is actually by Daft Punk, it sounds like it was made specifically for the trailer by a generic twat.

The trailer is shit compared to the concept footage they released a few months ago, except for the last several frames.

Ginyard

Quote from: The Boston Crab on March 09, 2010, 04:30:08 PM
I don't think that music is actually by Daft Punk, it sounds like it was made specifically for the trailer by a generic twat.

It lists Daft Punk on the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_Legacy

I mailed a mate half hour back and he said there's been some issues and James Horner might end up having a hand in matters. Wouldn't be the first time. That trailer music sounds like a two-steps production, but, like you say, it could be any hack churning it. It doesn't help its cause if you ask me.

Sorry, yeah, should have clarified. I know DP are doing the OST but I don't think the trailer sounds anything like them. It's just default post-Matrix trailer music...and the film doesn't look much different.

Johnny Textface

Yeah I would be suprised if DP did the trailer musiic - although it does get quite distorted and filtery at the end - and they do love all that stuff.

^ Oh c'mon - whats not to like about that?

falafel

I thought you were being elitist about the music, but then I watched it... I bloody hope that isn't Daft Punk, it sounds like something offa Transformers 3: Revenge of the Revengerers.

Movie looks all shiny and nice, but I would bank on it being explicitly designed to appeal to people who have never even heard of Tron, so I'll expect loads of exposition, clumsy dialogue, decent acting, ham-fisted Hollywoodity and some bloody good special effects, and not all that much more.

Squink

QuoteQ: Did Daft Punk score the trailer?
K: Yes, that's a track they did just for the trailer. That's a custom track.

From here.

Thanks for the link. I shuddered...It's a bloody awful preset wisp of a track. Poor old Bango. What's ee fackin playin at?

falafel

They shoulda called this 'Honey I Tron'd the Kid' by the look of it.