Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:45:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Lady Gaga Video [split topic]

Started by El Unicornio, mang, March 13, 2010, 12:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ One Record

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on March 24, 2010, 06:10:29 PM
I agree that the band are dull as the proverbial, but at least they contain 0% of Diva Voice® additives.

I like Diva Voice® additives.

thugler

Quote from: CaledonianGonzo on March 24, 2010, 06:53:12 PM

Not that I'm that fussed about OK Go's motives, but if you're unwilling to consider that the idea of writing some halfway decent songs and selling some records didn't pop into their heads at some stage during their germination, then you're taking the Gaga-love too far.

I already am - but that's because I think this is a far better pop song than either Lady Gaga or OK Go:

Cue someone saying I know nowt about 'pop'.

Yes they wanted to sell some records, but were obviously trying to follow their previous success and do it off the back of a whacky viral vid.

Noone cares but for the video!

As for nutini, putting on a RIDICULOUS bob marley voice and doing shameless copycat music bores me to tears I'm afraid.

And no it's not really an example of modern pop music either.

Jemble Fred

Quote from: thugler on March 24, 2010, 09:30:07 PM
a RIDICULOUS bob marley voice

Eh? Have you never heard Louis Prima?

CaledonianGonzo

Jemble Fred

Dusty Gozongas

The lampooning begins...

Lady Gaga Telephone Parody (ft Beyonce): Key of Awesome #17 GET THE MP3: bit.ly/BarelyPhone

Personally I like Telephone and the album is pretty poptastic too, but there you go.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Dusty Gozongas on March 25, 2010, 05:40:46 PM
The lampooning begins...

Lauren Francesca playing Lady Gaga there. Quite fancy her now.

Bennygaylord

Pfft, it's the kinda video that doesn't need a parody; it's mental enough as it is. Burd as Gaga is nice though. Didn't listen to the song, obviously.