Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:33:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Predators.......potential?

Started by Pinckle Wicker, March 14, 2010, 07:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defmem

Quote from: mobias on July 16, 2010, 03:13:09 PM
Damm! Film threads here are so much better when people discuss a movie entirely unrelated to the one in the title.

Well I've been dieing to talk about the Alien prequel...

non capisco

Saw this just now. While it was nice to see Walton Goggins again (damn, I miss 'The Shield') this sadly doesn't have a lot going for it. It's just so workmanlike on every level, no flair to it at all. When the plot is so similar to the first one and yet devoid of all the things that made it great (tension being the main one) you can only conclude it was all for the money. Why the hell didn't Rodriguez direct this?

It's not just the multi-laser sights on Brody that is missing from the trailer, Danny Trejo's "does this look like a team-oriented group of people to you?" or whatever it was line is missing as well. I'm guessing the latter is because the trailer was assembled from something that wasn't the final cut but why would you not have the former bit in the finished film? It was the only bit in the trailer that made me think "yeah, this looks alright".

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: non capisco on July 18, 2010, 10:09:20 PM
it was nice to see Walton Goggins again (damn, I miss 'The Shield'
Watch Justified. He's very good in that.