Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:21:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crackdown 2 [split topic]

Started by VegaLA, March 16, 2010, 03:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

Some Crackdown 2 business.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/22293/Crackdown-2-Fun-with-Friends-Documentary/

They need to stop giving us the intel in dribs and drabs, it may be worth a thread of its own.

VegaLA

Another titlem thats sneaked up on me.
Crackdown 2 is due for release on July 6TH.

Big Jack McBastard

It's looking pretty samey gameplay-wise, though the first one was a lot of fun.... it's a 'maybe'/'I'll get it second hand' for me as I'm drowning in games at the minute.

VegaLA

HappyTree

I adored Crackdown. I loved hunting the orbs and bouncing around all over the place. To get the best out of a sandbox environment you have to be able to fly or climb buildings. I usually wait a while to get games but this might just tempt me.

Slaaaaabs

Demo is fun, it seems a bit more structured than the first game which could either help or hinder it in the long term. Love the freaks coming out at night, you can cause ridiculous amounts of chaos however you choose to deal with them.

A definite buy for me.

VegaLA

Released today. Anyone going for it?

Space ghost

Reviews have been lacklustre at best.

DocDaneeka

Well it's very similar to the first one, I think thats the main reason for the average reviews, though Eurogamer and Edge both gave it an 8.

I'm liking what I have played so far. A shame they didn't do a whole new world and the missions are a bit repetitive but I still love collecting those agility orbs.

Space ghost

I predict this game will drop in price very rapidly. Give it a few weeks and you'll be able to pick it up for less than half price.

DocDaneeka

Maybe, It's top of the charts at the moment though.

Anyway it's great fun playing Co-op online. Collecting orbs, shooting eachother off buildings and car surfing on eachothers cars.

HappyTree

What about the cool "tie two things together" doobrie? Is that fun or a bit crap?

VegaLA

Sinbad, the Doc and myself joined for a session over the weekend and as I had hoped it's a whole bunch of mad stupid fun, even though we pretty much stuck to the campaign objectives. That said I enjoy chasing the Orbs when i'm playing Solo and can't keep off this game. I think I jumped on this three times during the course of the day yesterday!

If anyone is on the fence about this one just go for it!

DocDaneeka

Great fun this. Finished the story stuff now to get to the real game, collecting those last few agility orbs.

Also if anyone wants to do some of the online achievements (I wouldn't usually bother but they are fun ones) I'm up for it. DrDaneeka is my Xboxlive name.

VegaLA

I just reached Lvl 5 for agility, thought it opened up the Choppers but there's been no mention. I can do the gliding business though, just need to get the hang of it.
Almost completyed collecting the Orbs from the first Island. Just 12 more to go but proving to be difficult to find so if anyone knows of any nice sites that help you locaqte the hard to find Orbs i'd be a very happy Agent!