Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 08:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BOSS

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, March 16, 2010, 12:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vrailaine

Every single boss in Metal Gear Solid.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Good call. Unlike a lot of games, the original Metal Gear Solid's Bosses were the best thing about the game. Or at least a welcome respite from the fucking exclamation marks and 'what was that noise?'

I miss that game.

mikeyg27

"Huh?"
"What was that noise?"
"Whose footprints are these?"
"Why am I speaking out loud?"

AsparagusTrevor

"Huh? ...it's just a box..."

Nik Drou

The final boss is a pisser, though.  Compounded by the fact you couldn't skip the oh-so-tragic cutscene that repeats every time you restart.

"No.  I can't do it!"

"...No.  I can't do it!"

For fuck's sake.  He's going to bloody die anyway.  Just fire the damn rocket and we can all go home.

Little Hoover

The End might be my favourite of all MGS bosses, an idea that could have become incredibly frustrating but it worked.

Geraint

Mutoid Man from out of Smash TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9Cfn4QtCY

the game is insanely good as it is, with some levels needing you to kill literally thousands of enemies, but the bosses up things even further. the video above isn't great, as the guy playing it is really fucking good at the game - doesn't get across how hard it is at all.

Guy

To this day I still use the phrase 'Top Quality Luggage' when things are going my way.