Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How about a Jalopy? (Monging game)

Started by DocDaneeka, March 16, 2010, 07:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

I haven't done any photoshopping for a while and we haven't had a Jalopy for ages.

The search is a bit rubbish so I can't find any of the old threads which had the rules in them so any help would be good.

I vaguely remember the rules as:
Someone in the middle posts a Picture, everyone then does a mong using that picture. When the time limit is up, the Verbwhore in the middle votes out one loser, they then go into the middle. The two people in the middle get one vote each so two more people get put in the middle. People keep voting and getting kicked out until a winner is crowned.

Anyway if you want to sign up for it, or if you know the rules better, post in here.

Koant

I'm in I think. I'm not sure I've understood the rules though. Is there only 1 image and 1 mong per person for the whole game? Or 1 new image per round (after voting) and thus 1 mong per round ?
(also the game requires 2n+1 players if we want only 1 winner. easier: the game stops as soon as there's only 1 player left.)

Edit: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=13056.0
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pythov/jalopy-rules.gif

DocDaneeka

Quote from: Koant on March 16, 2010, 10:54:32 PM
I'm in I think. I'm not sure I've understood the rules though. Is there only 1 image and 1 mong per person for the whole game? Or 1 new image per round (after voting) and thus 1 mong per round ?
(also the game requires 2n+1 players if we want only 1 winner.)

Edit: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=13056.0
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y239/pythov/jalopy-rules.gif
Ahh proper rules nice! Yeah a new image and one mong from each entrant per round. I think the no fresh entries referred to in the rules means you have to join in from round one.

Cerys

Dammit, I would be in - but I have no free time.  Phooey.

Yeah now I'm not at uni I'm right out of this sort of thing, sorry. But I'll enjoy watching it - and maybe after a few rounds, I'll even start understanding the rules.

ziggy starbucks

wimblemong will be over quickly this year by the looks of it

p.s. The wimblemong organising committee has ruled unanimously that this year's tournament will be managed by DocDaneeka

DocDaneeka

Yeah well I hate you all too!

More people better sign up soon, or I am going to get Neil to close the LADIES WOT I FANCY thread in retaliation.

Also someone to be the man in the middle is needed.

Man in the middle still has to actually produce an image, right? I'm still not understanding the rules :'(

DocDaneeka

They don't have to make one just pick an interesting image and post it up.

Ah - so (for example) I could pick an image, not have to do any monging, and my subsequent role would require very little investment of time?

Zero Gravitas

I could have sworn I'd already said yes to this.

I'm in.

kittens

I can't do things like this but I want you all to know you have my full support in all your endeavours.

Mr_Simnock

I'm in. I only have paint to use but I will give it a go.

actwithoutwords

I would like to be in too. Though having learned a load of photoshop stuff last summer during wimblemong, I have a bad feeling I've forgotten it again.

I would totes be man in the middle, if no one else wants it.

DocDaneeka

I think we need a few more players.  It's not like wimblemong when you have to wait around ages. And if you don't post your picture in time your out, so you don't have to make stupid excuses.

Anyway so far we have:

Man In the Middle: Lookalike Mark Chapman

Players:

DocDaneeka
Koant
Ziggy Starbucks
Lyndon
Zero Gravitas
Mr Simnock
James "End-To-End" Benton
actwithoutwords

gmoney

Erm, yeah all right I'll give it a go, though I've not monged anything since Wimblemong.

Old Thrashbarg

DocDaneeka

Ok that seems like enough people, now LMC needs to start a new thread with the rules and the picture that he has chosen. I will Pm him.

Then I will be free from doing any more tedious organisation.

AsparagusTrevor

I'll see how this one goes and maybe join if there's another one some time.

_Hypnotoad_

Puffin Chunks

I've never monged before, so what the hell... I'm in*

*although I reserve the right to not be in after all, completely forget to login to the internet over the next few weeks and get disqualified.

biniput

When is the start date? I will only enter if i can get even an old copy of Photoshop.

I'm gonna post the first image later today (trying to drum up more numbers first).

In the absence of Photoshop, I recommend GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/

daimoniac

gan on then - clag us in the participation list. i'll give it a go...