Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:51:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photography Challenge - Time

Started by Ronnie the Raincoat, March 19, 2010, 01:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnie the Raincoat

First photography challenge and the theme is Time.  This is the first, thus, experimental, but let's see how it goes.

Rules, as set by the infallible I are:

1. Five photos each.  Any less than five and votes for you won't be counted.

2. Post processing is allowed, but keep it to a minimum i.e don't mess with something so much it has no resemblance whatsoever to the original.

3. Include a portrait.

4. Please don't just post black and white images.

5.  Everyone can take part, fancy-arse camera or not.

6. Be creative, and it's just a theme, so interpret it as you will.

7. You have a month.

Post the photos as you like, i.e if you take one, post it before the month is up, but not after. 

As for judges, no-one has volunteered, so I think everybody can participate, obviously not voting for their own photos.  We take a tally at the end, the winner gets to set the next theme.

Go!

Zero Gravitas

It definitely hasn't taken me this long just to charge my camera, I'm going to get this rolling this evening.

sproggy

Cerys

chumfatty

An old 'un from my first foray into Photography. Will try and use this thread to make me dust off my DSLR and get off my arse and do something.

chumfatty

Koant

Wow. Some serious talent in this thread!

wasp_f15ting

Cerys

sproggy

Cerys

Bethan has just requested that we look at it agaun, so here we are.  Time to download a copy and set it as her desktop wallpaper, methinks.  Got a bigger version?

sproggy

PM's don't seem to be working I'll try your email

Cerys

Ronnie the Raincoat

Cerys

Repentia

Ronnie the Raincoat

I've kind of fucked up by losing my 50mm and my kits lens breaking.  So, er, I don't actually have a camera right now.

WELL DONE!

Nik Drou

Am I too late?

This pretty much sums up 'Time' for me.

Cerys

I think we have a winner.  The composition of that shot is just stunning.  The specks of dirt on the paving slab seem to be acting as a comment on the penis and breasts.  'Filth!' they cry.  'Smut!'  Yet the simplistic depiction of the penis and breasts, along with the simple, monosyllabic labelling (Dick, tits) underlines a childlike understanding that neither the dick nor the tits are themselves obscene; it is our perception of them that provides the obscenity.  We are the filthy ones, and it is our time on this planet that leads us to this assumption.

Excellent interpretation, Cerys. You verbalised what I could only grasp on a subconscious instinctive level when framing.

LMC, yes, they're absolutely in proportion and I name it 'Self-Portrait of the Artist'.

the midnight watch baboon

Is the colouring accurate? I'm intrigued!

Forever yours,

a monkey.