Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

People and Things We Love

Started by elderford, February 06, 2004, 11:52:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elderford

Hey Verb Whores, it's easy to hate, but as Our Lord says, you can't fight hate with hate, only love will conquer it.

So when you're done with the Room 101 and  Concentration Camp threads, why not get into the swing of the weekend and consider what makes your heart swell with love at the thought of it.

Puggy (formally A.W.N. Pugin): My big strong boy of a cat who the vet put into a bin bag yesterday (thanks for the kind words, Matthias was the only one who made a joke, which altho' amusing will not protect him from his karma).

Prehistoric Monuments: Think about the distance in time from Verb Whores to when Jesus was on a mission. Now consider that it is that same time of 2,000 years that separates Jesus from the builders of UK prehistoric monuments. In other words a really long time. We know not why or what, but you can visit a site and feel a human mind connection across 4,000 years like a diamond tipped mind bullet .

Marmite: as a smoker for many years it's the only food I can still taste.

Hey Elderford, I love you man. [big manly hug for the weekend]

elderford

Coming straight back at you MM, I love you too.

smoker

you guys are the best, i love you both

edit: heh, 101 posts

Purple Tentacle

Creamy Crunch Peanut Butter: Quite difficult to find in London as it's all shitty "Metro" supermarkets that only sell the moron's choice of peanut butter, smooth.

It's not just crunchy peanut butter though, it's CREAMY crunchy, and it's absolutely divine.

Strangely enough, despite me repeatedly saying how much I hated it, I've got into a Super Mario Sunshine frenzy, spending every waking moment of leisure playing it. I'm starting to feel that it's misunderstood, although not as good as Mario 64. Which I also love.

Games that make you feel powerful, that take days to play, giving you a real sense of building a vast empire and crushing your enemies. Risk, or Alpha Centauri for instance.

And, because someone's got to say it and it might as well be me, a really good wank.

edit: Oh and I also love you elderford. But not in a wanking way.
Unless you're a girl.

Speciality meat product

I currently love pickled chilli's. The hotter the better. Make me cry.

I also love my friend Gayle. After being friends with her for over a year, I suddenly realised how gorgeous she is, and haven't stopped thinking about her since.

smoker

Quote from: "Mr Greedy"I currently love pickled chilli's. The hotter the better. Make me cry.

I also love my friend Gayle. After being friends with her for over a year, I suddenly realised how gorgeous she is, and haven't stopped thinking about her since.

chilis or gayle, chilis or gayle?

Dr. Gizmonic

I love horses, they're my friends.

Speciality meat product

Quote from: "smoker"

chilis or gayle, chilis or gayle?

chillis....... NO, GAYLE!!!

Frinky

Quote from: "Mr Greedy"After being friends with her for over a year, I suddenly realised how gorgeous she is, and haven't stopped thinking about her since.

Welcome to hell. :)

Matthias

I love my daughter more than anything. Even my X-Box.

And I love Elderford, even though I took the piss out of the demise of his pussy.

Frinky

I love Helen,

I love my Les Paul,

I love my favourite trousers.

I'm a pretty simple man, I guess.

MonkeyDrummer

i love it when something really shitty happens to someone really shitty.

Mediocre Rich

I love being at Lords on a hot day with my Dad and his mates at about 3:00 with a cold beer.   It's just so bloody British.

I love the first BBQ of the summer with your pals.

I love being at Old Trafford watching United play in Europe.

I love waking up on a Saturday without a hangover.

I love the thought that one day I will have kids and be a Dad, and perhap one day I will take my son to Lords with my mates, and he will love that too.

smoker

Quote from: "Mediocre Rich"I love the first BBQ of the summer with your pals.

I love the thought that one day I will have kids and be a Dad, and perhap one day I will take my son to Lords with my mates, and he will love that too.

you're not gonna last five minutes here mate

Quote from: "Mediocre Rich"
I'm lucky enough to have two sons. When you have kids, the meaning of the word 'love' becomes clear.

Hate cricket though.

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "smoker"you're not gonna last five minutes here mate

I've been here for years.

smoker

Quote from: "Mediocre Rich"
Quote from: "smoker"you're not gonna last five minutes here mate

I've been here for years.

oh so you have. weell, enjoy the rest of your stay.

<slinks off humiliated>

Mediocre Rich

Quote from: "smoker"oh so you have. weell, enjoy the rest of your stay.

<slinks off humiliated>

Thats fine, I'm suprisingly easy to ignore.

Matthias

I have been a dad for 7 weeks now and it is the most powerful love I've ever felt in my life. My daughter is the most important part of my life. It's incredible how being a dad makes you feel.

However, I won't be taking her to Lords, as Cricket is shit.

Tom Rad

Quote from: "elderford"
Puggy (formally A.W.N. Pugin): My big strong boy of a cat who the vet put into a bin bag yesterday (thanks for the kind words, Matthias was the only one who made a joke, which altho' amusing will not protect him from his karma).

So sorry to hear about your cat, eldeford. I will put cats on my list of loves as well -  just cats in general as I can't have one for a pet due to my current living circumstances.

Biscuits They're great.

The cry of an arctic loon in the spring. When the snow has almost melted but it's still cold, it lets you know it's spring and therefore soon it'll be summer.

My blanket. Keeps me warm of an evening when I fall asleep on the sofa.

What a nice idea for a thread. Sometimes you can just get stuck in a rut and only think of all the things that are shit in life. It's good to think of things you love for a change.

TJ

Victor Lewis-Smith's Radio 1 show.

"Scott 4" by Scott Walker.

"Fingerbobs".

Gazeuse

I love Mrs. Gaz...

Even though I am obviously an emotional cripple through not ever having or wanting to have kids.

Sam

Chocolate hob nobs! Aren't they fantastic? I went to the shop t'other day and they were 2 for 1 so I have been scoffing them ever since.

Incredible Monkey Doctor

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Strangely enough, despite me repeatedly saying how much I hated it, I've got into a Super Mario Sunshine frenzy, spending every waking moment of leisure playing it. I'm starting to feel that it's misunderstood, although not as good as Mario 64. Which I also love.

See, I bloody told you. Don't underestimate the Miyamoto.

I love Miss IMD of course, she's ace. My cats past and present, my family, my mates. The fact that I have a misspent youth to look back on with pride. I also love my cock, it's a good 'un.

butnut

Quote from: "Martian Martian"
Hate cricket though.

Therefore I hate you.

Sorry - that's not really the point of this thread.

I LOVE CRICKET AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT. INCLUDING GEOFFREY BOYCOTT. AND CHEATING.

I don't like cricket.  I love it.

On a more serious note, I love my cats, Piggy and Raggy and wouldn't be without them for the world.  My previous cat, Topcat, was a big, strong, boy as well and I got the phone call saying he was to be put down when I was at work.  That was horrid.  I had to drive home to see him one last time.

sore bottom mum

The start of autumn,  

The invention of the printing-press (I'm still amazed at being able to carry 1000's of words around with you in the form of a book... and it was such a good idea to make paper so thin).

Edgar Degas (he wasn't all ballet dancers you know!)

Being able to make music, put it onto c.d, create a cover, take it to a record shop and sell it of your own back.

Girls with willys

Drinking with friends on Primrose Hill, north london on a late summers evening.

Eccentric old people.

sore bottom mum

...and British weather      .....and Bonnie 'prince' billy

butnut

Quote from: "sore bottom mum"Girls with willys

?