Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:14:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2009/10 Season continues

Started by rudi, April 02, 2010, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

Tokyo Sexwhale

Old one here: http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21182.0.html

This is the new one in which Villa recover to finish fourth and win the FA Cup.

Rooney comes back from injury, only to break his metatarsal in the final minute of the Champions League Final, whilst trying and failing to clear a goalbound shot from Messi.  Which wins the Champions League for Barcelona.

And Liverpool fail to finish fourth and the administrators are called in...

rudi

You forgot Pompey recovering to finish 17th via a last day injury time goal from a 15 year old reserve team striker who they're immediately forced to sell.

wherearethespoons

And all the Championship teams, excluding Ipswich, are deducted dozens of points. This means that town win the league and get promoted to the Premier League. Rooney and Valencia consider moving there.

rudi

Quote from: wherearethespoons on April 02, 2010, 03:09:35 PM
And all the Championship teams, excluding Ipswich, are deducted dozens of points.

Possible.

QuoteThis means that town win the league and get promoted to the Premier League.

Unlikely but not impossible.

QuoteRooney and Valencia consider

Go on...

Quotemoving there.

Fantasy! Mmmmmmmadness!

The Duck Man

ENOUGH OF THIS SILLYNESS. TIME FOR SOME STATISTICS.

Figures are number and percentage of teams qualifying after getting the following results at home in the first leg of a tie. I dunno what the sample is, I presume Champions League. Apparently only up to 2006, but little reason to think it will have changed that much.

4-0 161- 0 (161) 100% / 0%
3-0 341- 28 (369) 92% / 8%
4-1 107- 17 (124) 86% / 14%
2-0 423-115 (538) 79% / 21%
3-1 194- 66 (260) 75% / 25%
1-0 407-319 (726) 56% / 44%
---------------------------------
2-1 197-232 (429) 46% / 54%
3-2 61- 82 (143) 43% / 57%
0-0 151-346 (497) 30% / 70%
1-1 116-408 (524) 22% / 78%
2-2 35-164 (199) 18% / 82%
0-1 36-350 (386) 9% / 91%
1-2 8-223 (231) 3% / 97%
1-3 4-135 (139) 3% / 97%
0-2 3-215 (218) 1% / 99%
0-3 0-106 (106) 0% / 100%

the midnight watch baboon

Spurs have Corluka, King, Woodgate, Dawson, Jenas, Hudd and Palacios out tomorrow. Kaboul'l have to play CB, who to hold the MF? LoL

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Jamie Redknapp signs to Spurs on a free transfer claiming 'if Ledley King still considers himself a full-time professional, then I guess I must be'.

before swanning off to the commentary box at half time to gabber on confusingly about the Spurs' new midfield maestro Jamie Redknapp.

rudi

"He's literally in two places at once, Jeff"...

We could do with that Sandro lad right now.

I think Sandra'll be getting the nod.

ObvJokeCoTM

Mr Colossal

That Sandro's supposed to be a physical midfielder in the melo mold...  Do you recon Tottingham made that signing resigning the loss of Palacios to a *cough cough* bigger club?

I wonder if they'll play Dos Santos next year as well, as he was on the fringe of the Barcelona starting 11 and being christened as the 'next ronaldinho' when they bought him...   When Redknapp came in he was benched and fobbed off to Ipswich which must have been a little bit of a shell shock!

rudi

He needed shipping out of London as he was enjoying being a wealthy young man rather more than being a footballer with potential. Arry's not famed for giving people second chances (Pav was pure luck via a desperate shortage of strikers) so I'll be surprised to see him stay (although I'd like him to, obviously).

And Wilson's going nowhere; the manager rates him very highly, we just needed another bruiser.

OHMYlol Dave Seamen's on Soccer AM woithout a moustache and he looks deprived.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Is 0-2 with Drogba first scorer at 50/1 good value you reckon?

Edit: it might have been had he started.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Man U and Chelsea both lose their best player at the same time they play each other. Does nobody want to win this league?

Lee Van Cleef

Depressed Beyond Tables

Nice goal. Can see United coming back tho.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Rooney to make surprise 2nd half appearance and hit the winner off his ankle cast.

Lee Van Cleef

That was a pen.  But I guess Park's dramatic fall probably made the ref think otherwise.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Park'll drag them through to victory. Him or a combination of Jimmy Hargreaves and John O'Shea.

Lee Van Cleef

That was a pen too.  But I guess the ref needed to even up.

Lee Van Cleef

Manchester Utd players getting a bit rowdy now.  Not a good sign.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Squeaky bum time.

Can't believe MIKE DEAN *gestures at penalty spot* is refereeing this match. He makes some bad calls at crucial moments, that guy.

Lee Van Cleef

WTF Gullit?  It's Man Utd's fault for not appealing?

rjd2

Chelsea are cruising here, its like the Champions League Final again!

Mr Colossal

The most unforgiving thing about games like this is over an hour played and united havent forced Cech into making a single save. The wingplay has been overly cautious too...  all the crosses have been floated in, when sometimes with the stakes involved- mixing it up by just SMASHING it behind the back four can make something happen.   It seems they're almost putting faith in that they're going to manufacture one clear cut chance...

Berba still seems to be doing that frutrating thing where he gets under every. single. header.   If he took just one step back every time he would be in a perfect position  to power throught it, but he seems to always get up that yard befort getting into postion, and tries to finesse it over.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Drogba, there.

Oooh, here we go. Offisde goal, handball goal. 1-2...eeek!

Mr Colossal

Quote from: Mr Colossal on April 03, 2010, 02:22:49 PM
The wingplay has been overly cautious too...  all the crosses have been floated in, when sometimes with the stakes involved- mixing it up by just SMASHING it behind the back four can make something happen. .

heh.   subs came on too  late if you ask me.      I can only hope it doesnt peter out and theres the traditional united grand stand finish!   

Mr Colossal

fucking hell.  the way united are playing the edge of the box seems to have been lined with kryptonite!  its like they get there and go limp.