Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:11:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2009/10 Season continues

Started by rudi, April 02, 2010, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chand

Fuck. That was a massive three points for Chelsea. We need Liverpool to do us a favour now, frighteningly.

Vitalstatistix

Two horrible teams full of cunts playing shit football.

wherearethespoons

Remaining fixtures;

Chelsea
Bolton (Home)
Tottenham (Away)
Stoke (Home)
Liverpool (Away)
Wigan (Home)

Manchester United
Blackburn (Away)
Manchester City (Away)
Tottenham (Home)
Sunderland (Away)
Stoke (Home)

The next three for United are going to be very tricky. That Blackburn result will be crucial.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ah yes, Tottenham at Old Trafford, that traditionally difficult fixture.

wherearethespoons

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 03, 2010, 02:49:29 PM
Ah yes, Tottenham at Old Trafford, that traditionally difficult fixture.

Yeah, that's it. Mock me. But you wait and see.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Gabby Logan just said 'anal'. Anyone?

rjd2

Quote from: Mr Colossal on April 03, 2010, 02:29:51 PM

heh.   subs came on too  late if you ask me.      I can only hope it doesnt peter out and theres the traditional united grand stand finish!   

Macheda and Nani did bring some much needed energy to the game when they came on, but despite that Nani was very wasteful with his distribution. Scholes hit some lush passes, but a lot of his passing was very sloppy. Giggs was a passenger as well.

You would fancy Chelsea right now, the Liverpool fixture will be tricky, but it looks straight forward apart from that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think they'll pick up 11-13 points from there.

Slaaaaabs

I don't think it would have mattered if Rooney had even played, it was a shitty performance all over the pitch. Chelsea's to lose now.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah. Maybe he can be our Miroslav Klose (an inexplicable reject who for some reason shits goals).

Roy*Mallard

Spurs blowing it - 4th for Liverpool?

Mr Colossal

Bad selection and Tactics from fergie the last two games I think.    I think he's been putting too much emphasis on the other team and thus played into their hands...  Nevilles been rushed back, I think he can still be useful player for us and has shown hes still 'got it' on the overlap- but he's walked straight back into a side where everything was 'clicking' at perhaps the most crucial stage in the season- which could be seen as a big gamble and has looked out of his depth against the likes of Malouda and Ribery, and been directly involved in the last two results...  I would have started Nani today too, as the goal showed we'd missed his drive, as we looked so flat for 75 minutes and perhaps left Giggs for an impact sub, or a toss up with him/scholes as the offensive pairing with Carrick to hold and stop chelsea playing.

Evras been frustrating in recent games too.  Im not talking about the bayern lax, but taking up good offensive positions and trying and failing to beat men and generally fannying about with the ball and not crossing- usually holding up play, giving the defence a chance to regroup, and getting turned over in little 'battles' with the opposing right back near the corner flag and conceding throw ins...  Berba had his chances to step up too. You just want to shout at him... You'd never have thought he was the leading forward and one of the most senior players in a side who's stakes at the title were at risk...  I think fergie should send him on a  course for some primal scream therapy.

But yeah, play was shit all over the park.   Nobody wanted it for united,  several times players were steaming down on goal at the edge of the box with all the momentum-   yet right at the vital minute where any ordinary player would smash it goalwards and at least work the keeper (which can lead to tap ins like berbas goal against bolton) they seemed to bottle it and just try to fluff it in the general direction of another player who wasnt expecting it.  What Drogba did - get a yard and smash it, was the difference. A player who WANTED to score.

wherearethespoons

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: wherearethespoons on April 03, 2010, 03:44:27 PM
Bent's missed a penalty. Argh!

English nationality + penalty taking = chronic national mind-booger.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He's just missed another one, the big doof.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

buntyman

Spurs thrashed and I lost out on £50 on my £1 accumulator thanks to Arsenal's last min goal. Hold my calls, I'm going for a lie down.

phes

Don't lie down just yet. Manchester City are about to defile the corpse of Burnley, 7 times.

weirdbeard

5-0 after 44 mins.  Truly the most embarrassing top flight performance in years, City could easily, easily have had nearly 10.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Of course, it's Brian Laws, who got the job on being the statistical most likely available manager to keep them up, or something.

I feel a bit sorry for Burnley but everyone has to get bummed in the gob once in a while, so they keep in line.

chand

The day just keeps getting better and better.

Lee Van Cleef

buntyman

They can't carry on in these conditions. In the interest of the players' safety, the referee must abandon the match.