Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Football 2009/10 Season continues

Started by rudi, April 02, 2010, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee Van Cleef

"It won't affect the scoreline" - Darren Fletcher, after Burnley score.

"We shouldn't have let Tevez go" - My dad, tomorrow.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You can't concede, Man City, you rubbish bollocks.

Mr Colossal

heh.  Chopras just gone and scored the injury time winner after Kuqi just failed  to do the exact same thing at the other end in the other South Wales darby.

rjd2

Shocked this beauty has not been posted, what it says in the title basically.

chris kamara misses sending of at portsmouth.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Uncle TechTip

Oh dear the betting shop fame-ery appears to have gone to his head. They'll soon get tired of that.

chand

Depressed Beyond Tables

Christ, Liverpool play some bad and boring football. Benitez really should be sacked. Even if Kuyt rescues them today.

phes

I think he's given up the league, hasn't he?

That alone will get him fired regardless, surely. No Liverpool fan wants to see their team rest players and hand points to Birmingham just so they can get beaten in the UEFA. They're going to end up with nothing, aren't they.

Slaaaaabs

How can he have given up the league when every position gained means more money for him to waste on utter shite?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Benitez reckons winning the UEFA Cup will save his career then.

But he'll have to beat Valencia or Atletico Madrid just to reach the final, which will be err...a piece of piss.

Wasn't that only their 9th away goal today? That's pathetic.

Depressed Beyond Tables

33/1 for a West Ham win at half time is generous even if they're up against it.

wherearethespoons

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on April 04, 2010, 04:59:24 PM
Wasn't that only their 9th away goal today? That's pathetic.

They've actually scored 14 away from home, in the league, this season.

Roy*Mallard

Everton doing a Spurs/Liverpool etc etc. What a waste, last week against Wolves and today. An incredible waste after playing so well for the last 3 months.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: wherearethespoons on April 04, 2010, 05:15:05 PM
They've actually scored 14 away from home, in the league, this season.

Ah, I was looking at the stuff in the papers at lunchtime, that's probably a Championship team I was thinking of. 14 is still shit (as if anyone didn't know).

chand

From MOTD2, Rooney's sneaky attempt to enjoy a pint out of a coffee cup during Saturday's game:

Wayne Rooney tries to sneak a fly pint

Lord Mandrake

I still think 4th is viable for LFC despite the pundits appearing to officialy decide not.  A draw at Birmingham is no disgrace this season, considering Spurs defeat we made a net gain of 1 point but once again Benitez is unfairly derided. Torres wasn't getting anywhere against their centre backs and he did look tired, when Ngog came on he could/should have scored, at least he was energetic. Benitez will live or die by these decisions but let them be judged at the end of the season.

chand

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on April 05, 2010, 12:00:10 AM
I still think 4th is viable for LFC despite the pundits appearing to officialy decide not.  A draw at Birmingham is no disgrace this season, considering Spurs defeat we made a net gain of 1 point but once again Benitez is unfairly derided.

It's not Spurs you need to worry about; with their injuries and the fact they have Arsenal, Chelsea and United as their next three games I'd expect them to slip out of contention. City are in the driving seat, but even this Liverpool side ought to win their next three (Fulham and West Ham at Anfield, two of the worst away sides in the league, followed by a trip to a now beaten-looking Burnley). In the meantime City have to play four times; Birmingham at home which could easily be a draw, Arsenal at the Emirates, the derby which could go either way, then Villa. City's toughest games may be at home but it was only a couple of weeks back they lost to Everton there.

Admittedly I'm looking at this positively from a Liverpool perspective because I need you fuckers to still be playing for something when Chelsea come to visit in the penultimate game; if Liverpool are out of contention for fourth by then we're fucked, haha.

phes

Villa are still in it also with all 5 of their games looking winnable.

hoverdonkey

Yeah, Liverpool need to worry about catching City, not Spurs, since City are fourth at the moment.

Spurs will obviously lose at Old Trafford, but they got four points from the home games against Arsenal and Chelsea last season. I think people are assuming they will lose all three and that will be that. But Lennon and Defoe are back soon so they're not out of it. I think City still get fourth, with their home game against Spurs the decider.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Torres could have his leg shot off by a marksman from the hospitality suites and I'd still want him on the pitch over Ngog.

chand

Quote from: hoverdonkey on April 05, 2010, 08:34:52 AMSpurs will obviously lose at Old Trafford, but they got four points from the home games against Arsenal and Chelsea last season.

Spurs are the other side I'm hoping could take points off Chelsea, they are difficult to beat at the Lane. That said, years of watching football have taught to be very wary of pinning any kind of hope on Spurs.

Borboski

Do you remember when they could have pipped Arsenal for the 4th spot but on the last day of the season all came down with food poisoning? Did I imagine that?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

On the cusp of the final game, the decider for champions league qualification, Spurs first team are all going to be kidnapped by Bruce Grobelaar.

If I'm wrong, which I won't be, I'm sorry.

the midnight watch baboon

I predict they'll be trapped upside-down on Alty Towers' Nemesis and be too busy stopping Modric and Lennon tumbling out to secure an early exit from the Champs' League.

hoverdonkey

Spurs are the only team not to finish in the top four having been fourth at the start of April (in the Premier League that is) It's going to happen again isn't it?

rudi

Quote from: hoverdonkey on April 05, 2010, 12:26:54 PM
Spurs are the only team not to finish in the top four having been fourth at the start of April (in the Premier League that is) It's going to happen again isn't it?

Yes. :-(

the midnight watch baboon

What's best, FA Cup win or 4th? Both, naturally, but would rather the FA.

wish I hadn't booked next Saturday off work to watch the Arsenal game, as it's now on the following Wednesday. And I'll be working as the Semi draws to a close and can't have it off :o(

Lord Mandrake

Quote from: chand on April 05, 2010, 01:11:11 AM
It's not Spurs you need to worry about; with their injuries and the fact they have Arsenal, Chelsea and United as their next three games I'd expect them to slip out of contention. City are in the driving seat, but even this Liverpool side ought to win their next three (Fulham and West Ham at Anfield, two of the worst away sides in the league, followed by a trip to a now beaten-looking Burnley). In the meantime City have to play four times; Birmingham at home which could easily be a draw, Arsenal at the Emirates, the derby which could go either way, then Villa. City's toughest games may be at home but it was only a couple of weeks back they lost to Everton there.

Admittedly I'm looking at this positively from a Liverpool perspective because I need you fuckers to still be playing for something when Chelsea come to visit in the penultimate game; if Liverpool are out of contention for fourth by then we're fucked, haha.

Spurs have been more consistant than City who are capable of winning or losing any game, actually if any team deserves 4th i'd say it was Spurs. Unfortunatley for them they are entering a shitstorm of games, fair play if they come away with enough points. Ultimatley though I think/hope experience will count in these last remaining fixtures and City will shit it, Villa will resume their customery implosion and a valient Spurs to miss out by probably goal difference. Torres goals scored because of Benitez sparing tactical deployment. Arsenal for the title.

rjd2

Quote from: the midnight watch baboon on April 05, 2010, 03:06:18 PM
What's best, FA Cup win or 4th? Both, naturally, but would rather the FA.

I assume Champions League Football will bring in more money thus enticing a higher standard of player surely?