Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alan Wake Finally Released [split topic]

Started by VegaLA, April 08, 2010, 01:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuncanC

I liked Max Payne and all the Address Unknown stuff in that - so a game from the same creator that is apparently also heavily Twin Peaks-inspired sounds like it could be good. Is it?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

A lot of these mystery type games have been cack over the years, and half the development time seems to have been scrapping all their big ideas. So it's now a linear thriller. I hope it's still good.

Jemble Fred

I was going to say, that thread title's a bit before its time!

It does look great – the latest, detailed trailer is gorgeous but the bizarre thing is they've pasted over a really weird voiceover from a guy who sounds like he's doing a trailer for the next Disney movie. He's got this warm, friendly voice which doesn't suit a survival horror game trailer at all...

Also, I hate to say it but one major vibe I get from Alan Wake, though I have no doubt it will be a very good game, is that it has that kind of plastic-faced human design which will be laughed at in years to come.

hoverdonkey

All looks a bit dark doesn't it? I know that's the point, but it doesn't look like an ideal game to play in spring/summer unless you block out all that lovely light outside so you can see what's on your telly

chumfatty

Anyone buy this today? I'm holding off until payday as I only have enough to buy one game this month and that's going on Red Dead Redemption.

I'm concerned that the combat system (flashlight and gun) may be a bit annoying and will probably bore me before completion and also it's a bit dark innit. So if you bought it, play it and tell me I'm an idiot.

Big Jack McBastard