Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Apple Ipad (Heavy Flow)

Started by wasp_f15ting, April 08, 2010, 08:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

Yeah, after having mocked it upon its announcement, they really do seem to have nailed the dimensions. I looked at a Kindle Fire before, and it's just a weird screen size. Too long and narrow. The iPad Mini is small but it's wider, and as much as it's only a slightly bigger screen than the Fire, it just seems to allow so much more than what the Fire does. I just wish it was retina (which will inevitably come next year to the chagrin of early adopters).

I just think between the 7 inch being slightly too small and the 10 inch often being too bulky, the size is spot on.

mobias

There's rumours about that the next gen iPad mini isn't actually far away. Some people are claiming Apple are going to start speeding up their release cycle next year. Spec reports from manufacturers about the iPhone 5S are already out there. The next gen iPad mini is possibly only 6 months away. I think I'll hold out for it.

Possibly March next year. http://www.macrumors.com/2012/11/20/apple-television-ipad-mini-macbook-air-speculation-for-2013/

Subtle Mocking

There's really not that much chance (or point) of me getting one before Christmas anyway, seeing as they're sold out absolutely everywhere and any that do come back in stock will be snapped up by the usual Christmas vultures. It wouldn't surprise me if we did start to see new stock around March.

chocky909

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on November 25, 2012, 06:11:00 PM
Yeah, after having mocked it upon its announcement, they really do seem to have nailed the dimensions. I looked at a Kindle Fire before, and it's just a weird screen size. Too long and narrow. The iPad Mini is small but it's wider, and as much as it's only a slightly bigger screen than the Fire, it just seems to allow so much more than what the Fire does. I just wish it was retina (which will inevitably come next year to the chagrin of early adopters).

I just think between the 7 inch being slightly too small and the 10 inch often being too bulky, the size is spot on.

Do you think that perhaps Apple will switch the iPad and mini to the 16:9 shape like they have with the iPhone? I like the squarer shape of the iPad personally. I also wish PC monitors would strt appearing in ratios other than 16:9 or whatever they all are these days. Let's see some retina PC displays! Why do iPads and Nexus 10 tablets have higher resolutions on their tiny screens but my £1000 PC and 24" screen only has a 1920x1080 screen? Sort it out PC world!

biggytitbo

You'll need a pretty powerful computer to run a display at 4*1080p.

That's one of the issues with the retina macs, they perform like dogs because the stock macbooks don't have enough grunt to push that many pixels around.