Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The HALO Universe

Started by VegaLA, April 27, 2010, 04:16:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegaLA

The Noble Map pack was released just a few days ago and one of the maps reminds me of the larger Snow map which was an added map for Halo 2 back in the day. Err.. can't remember the name, began with 'A', but it was a great deal of fun running around and hiding in tunnels, the closest thing we'll get to some sort of ESB Hoth battle (yeah, closer then BattleFront 2).

Anyway, gave Firefight another go the other night and quite enjoyed it this time, must be down to the map I chose so for those of you snowed in tomorrow 6PM get some in!

buntyman

I bought the Limited Edition set today and had a quick blast of both the Campaign and the multiplayer. I'm not a big Halo fan and don't really follow the story but I do like the presentation and style of play. It's quite a change from Goldeneye which I've just finished playing (gave up on the last level) as it seems that there's not much in the way of accurate aiming or stealth required. I don't like the fact that you can't really tell how much damage you're doing to your enemy until he's dead, I can't work out what guns are the most efficient although I suppose that'll come with experience. I'm rubbish at games generally so I don't think I'll be joining any of you experts in a game but if you have any tips, please share. I think I might be the rubbishest (current generation) games player around that still persists in buying lots of the new stuff.
One thing worth mentioning is the little filofax diary thing that comes with the limited edition set is incredibly well made. There's so much in it - little folded up notes and maps and things fall out when you open it up and there are high quality photo cards, replica key cards and all sorts of other fancy shit. It's a shame the actual content is of little interest to me but it's still a joy to behold. I wish some of my favourite films got this sort of excellent DVD treatment as I think this has to be about the most stylish bonus material I've seen.

VegaLA

Quote from: buntyman on December 10, 2010, 12:21:43 AM
you experts

? You sure you're in the right forum?

Jump in Bunty, I occasionally host private matches or team up in FireFight which i've slowly started to warm to, its an ideal way to get used to the weapons (Needler and the Sniper Needler are my currents faves) and the map layouts so if you see me on XBL send me a message!