Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Use valid email addresses, damn your eyes.

Started by Neil, February 02, 2004, 06:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I'm sick of getting bounces from people putting in bullshit email addresses,,,do you think we're going to sell your twatty hotmail address on or something?  I'm going to have to turn on emali verification now so you'll not get your password if you put in false details.   Sorry, but I'm sick of wasting my time, plus I wlil get bounces EVERY time you get a PM as well, fuck that.

mook

Just a though. When I registered the box that you have to enter your details was a really pale colour and I couldn't see what I was typing. Perhaps people aren't fucking about entering a non-existant addy, they just cant see the letters so just accidently mistyped? Perhaps not though, I'll bugger off now.

Neil

No people are putting in stuff like "thisisafakeaddress@hotmail.com" etc.  Pain in the arse as I get more than enough rubbish in my email.  Good point about the fields though, I need to fix all those again so you can see what you're typing.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Neil"I'm going to have to turn on emali verification now so you'll not get your password if you put in false details.   Sorry, but I'm sick of wasting my time, plus I wlil get bounces EVERY time you get a PM as well, fuck that.
More to the point, it helps slow down the trolls as well.

Robot DeNiro

I put in something a bit like thisisafakeaddress@hotmail.com, but it actually is my email address.  I trust my eyes are not damned?

Cerys

"A bit like" just isn't good enough, young fella-me-lad!  I don't know; the youth of today ... grumble ... no standards ... mumble ... we were never like that ... moan ... good old days ... gargle, spit ... hmph.

I slightly modified my email address so I could make this account.  I fucked up first time when I signed up as 'Concerned' by accident and couldn't create a new account without changing the email address on the old one.  I only added an 'e' on the end of it.  Sorry about that but I don't think you'll get bounces from it as I think it's still a valid email address for my freeserve account.

Oh and CaB is the last place I'd expect to sell my email address to spammers.