Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New Wrestling Pay Window [split topic]

Started by Spiteface, May 12, 2010, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spanky

Apparently on house shows the masked SES man has actually been wrestling under the mask, with a tattoo on his arm indicating it is indeed Joey Mercury.

Spiteface

Some good stuff in the first half of that PPV, tailed off towards the end for me.  Pretty much after the Tag title match, I'd seen the things I wanted to see.

I reckon Drew's bound for Raw, then future endeavored.  Then he can go to TNA, and I don't have to see him.  I just can't get into the guy.

Rey vs Punk was match of the night, even in spite of the blood stoppage. I think Rey came off worse during that when he went into the barber's chair.  That looked nasty.

weekender

I don't know what it was, but I thought Miz v R Truth on Raw was a pretty damn good match, apart from the ending where Miz fell over like he needed to be pinned.

I'm not actually joking when I say that I can see Miz headlining Mania in a few years' time.

rjd2

I really wish they gave Edge a better finisher than the spear, his is basically a slightly amped up running hug, Jeff and Punk can make it look more deadly than it is but most struggle to make it impactful.

Awesome that Truth has finally got some gold, dude is very over, charismatic and can work, hopefully they don't hotshot it to the heatless wonder Teddy. I like Teddy as a worker but nobody really gives a fuck about him do they?

Batista retiring just after his most enjoyable stint as a heel is sad, but I assume he will be back in 12 months once his move career bombs.

Oh and Carlitos dad said his son was fired because of a painkiller addiction.

Spiteface

Quote from: rjd2 on May 25, 2010, 08:40:14 PM
I really wish they gave Edge a better finisher than the spear, his is basically a slightly amped up running hug, Jeff and Punk can make it look more deadly than it is but most struggle to make it impactful.

Awesome that Truth has finally got some gold, dude is very over, charismatic and can work, hopefully they don't hotshot it to the heatless wonder Teddy. I like Teddy as a worker but nobody really gives a fuck about him do they?

I could have at one time when it looked like he was gonna turn Face against Orton.

Yeah, Edge needs a new finisher.  The spear is good when it's done by say, Goldberg or Big Dave, but Edge ain't built like either of those.

Bret as GM was a nice surprise.  Although from what I'd heard, the idea of Abe Washington isn't as bad as it seems, apparently he's rather good in the role in FCW, it's just they gave him shit material on those segments on ECW.

rjd2

The segment with Cole and Danielson on NXT was ace. Cole should really be a heel commentator or even manager, the guy was money in that segement. Danielson was awesome as well. I like the fact that in this Danielson segment and the one last week you can Regal marking. Awesome.
WWE NXT 5/25/10 Part 3/5 (HQ)

Slater is gone now which is no big thing, the dude was annoying as fuck. I think Wade probably wins this, which is fine as he is the best of three left.

rjd2

According to reports that was his second attempt at the GTS!  They really should have tried to get the vice over as a creditable finisher, the GTS is always going to be tricky to execute when dealing with the big guys. The rest of SD was good, all the matches even the Hornswoggle one were watchable.

The 4 way for SD is Punk v Swagger v Taker v Big Show

I assume that Punk and Swagger are going to have to work the most of that match. I don't think their is a good reason to take the title off Swagger yet, so I expect him to retain pinning Punk instead of the other two.

Not so sure about the outcome of the Raw match, if I had to guess I fancy the crazy Irish man to win.

Spiteface

Uh-oh.

Taker's hurt.  Apparently in the match with Rey last week, he suffered a broken nose, orbital bone and concussion. From F4W/WO:

QuoteThe Undertaker (Mark Calaway, 45) suffered a broken orbital bone, a   broken nose and a concussion in his 5/25 television match in Cleveland   with Rey Mysterio that aired on Friday night's Smackdown.
The   injury is believed to have been from taking the seated senton move by   Mysterio during the match. 
The recommendation for time off from   the injury would take him past the Fatal Four Way show, but right now it   was described as maybe 50-50 as to whether he would be able to wrestle   on the show.
Because of the lack of depth on the Smackdown side,   Rey Mysterio, who was supposed to have a month off for vacation, has   been called back to action, to fill Undertaker's scheduled position on   house shows and television.  No decision has been made regarding the   Fatal Four Way, but logic would have Mysterio as the replacement if   Undertaker can't wrestle.
When it rains, it pours.

And yeah, Punk needs another finisher.  the GTS is fine when done on guys smaller or his size, but Punk just can't do it on a guy like Kane.  Give him KENTA's other finisher the Busaiku Knee, or a Shining Wizard, SOMETHING he can use on bigger guys.

rjd2

This what happens when you don't build up guys! I think Taker will wrestle at the PPV, but I expect him just to hit his signature spots and little else. Punk are Swagger really can't afford to have an off night or this match could bean absolute mess.

I'd like to see them throw in Christian just to shake things up, I really don't think even Vince would fear that  one PPV with him in the main event be buyrate suicide?

Looking at the SD midcard they must do an IC match at this PPV, guys like Rhodes,a rejuvenated Masters, Ziggler, Christian along with Kofi and to a lesser extent Drew could put on a cracking match.

weekender

So Kaval gets a call up to NXT Season 2, teaming up with.....Michelle McCool and Layla.  Who have already said that he can carry their belts for them.  That could be, erm, interesting.  Full line-up:

• Cody Rhodes & Husky Harris
  • John Morrison & Eli Cottonwood
  • MVP & Percy Watson
  • Zack Ryder & Titus O'Neil
  • Lay-Cool & Kaval
  • Mark Henry & Lucky Cannon
  • Kofi Kingston & Michael McGillicutty (Joe Hennig)
  • The Miz & Alex Riley

Based on the short segments of them, I already hate Titus O'Neil and Alex Riley.

spanky

I've already seen all I want to see of Percy Watson.

It seems a little stupid that they say 'Here's the son of Curt Hennig - Mike McGillicutty'. I know their own names = their own copyrights, but surely something a little closer to reality if you're openly acknowledging his dad. Even Bryan Danielson got a WWE name that wasn't far removed from his own.

Spiteface

Kaval, and Lay-Cool.

What.
The.
Fuck.

My god, the internet's probably having a stroke right now.

spanky

I think Layla's great, but if they ran tests and found that Michelle McCool is made of cardboard and vanilla ice cream I wouldn't be surprised.

rjd2

Quote from: spanky on June 02, 2010, 07:21:01 PM
I think Layla's great, but if they ran tests and found that Michelle McCool is made of cardboard and vanilla ice cream I wouldn't be surprised.

Still the best female worker in the E though apart from Natalya though. I haven't seen NXT or even Raw but thats an awesome combo. Its going to be ace to see Kaval come out to Mc Cool's music and I hope we get loads of segments where she teaches Kaval how to work. He also has to cut promo's like this....

Michelle McCool Last Loving Life Promo from WWE Smackdown!

rjd2

Just seen Raw earlier, Evan in the main event and pinning Sheamus stunned me. It was a mark out moment, but you know Sheamus murders him next week in four minutes. Cena outside the ring did an awesome job in getting the crowd into Bourne as well.

Truth v Jericho was good, Danielson pinning Miz was lovely but after months of build up, we get a measly 2 minute match?

Wade winning NXT was no major surprise, I assume he will go to Raw and team up with Jericho, he has all the skills needed to do very well in the company. Otunga who will probably kill someone in the ring, should do ok, but I wonder if he is in it for the long haul? He doesn't need wrestling really and you suspect his main ambition is to become a Hollywood star.

Gabriel and Danielson are the only other participants I can see making it sadly.

Spiteface

Quote from: rjd2 on June 03, 2010, 07:32:14 PM
Just seen Raw earlier, Evan in the main event and pinning Sheamus stunned me. It was a mark out moment, but you know Sheamus murders him next week in four minutes.

Nah, they're gonna wait until Hunter gets back, and Orton's fit again, THEN they bury him all over again.

rjd2

Quote from: Spiteface on June 03, 2010, 07:59:16 PM
Nah, they're gonna wait until Hunter gets back, and Orton's fit again, THEN they bury him all over again.

3 Hour show, no way Evan escapes unscathed!

That opening promo from the Big Red Retard on SD was the absolute shits. It went on for ages with him wailing and crying that his Zombie brother who he has some serious nasty shit to is a vegetable. I know wrestling is camp and can be corny as fuck but that was pitiful. Everyone especially Kane should have their pocket money confiscated for a month as punishment.

The battle Royal was fun enough even if took some time to kick off. Archer and Hawkins along with the Dudebusters are a terrible indictment of the tag division, both teams are blandness personified.

Spiteface

Quote from: rjd2 on June 07, 2010, 11:08:38 PM

3 Hour show, no way Evan escapes unscathed!

That opening promo from the Big Red Retard on SD was the absolute shits. It went on for ages with him wailing and crying that his Zombie brother who he has some serious nasty shit to is a vegetable. I know wrestling is camp and can be corny as fuck but that was pitiful. Everyone especially Kane should have their pocket money confiscated for a month as punishment.

...and oddly, some people are claiming that it was Kane's bets stuff in years.  Fuck no it wasn't.

Evan got away relatively unscathed.  Didn't even get fed to Sheamus because he didn't win that poll.  And Cena put him over in a backstage segment.

Apart from that, Raw was a boring, nothing show for me, apart from the NXT invasion angle.  That was tremendous, and I hope WWE follows it up.

Just an idea, but what if the reveal is that THEY were the ones that fucked up Undertaker?

weekender

No love for Santino v Koslov in a dancing contest? 

Shame on you all.

rjd2

Quote from: Spiteface on June 08, 2010, 06:30:55 PM
...and oddly, some people are claiming that it was Kane's bets stuff in years.  Fuck no it wasn't.

Evan got away relatively unscathed.  Didn't even get fed to Sheamus because he didn't win that poll.  And Cena put him over in a backstage segment.

Apart from that, Raw was a boring, nothing show for me, apart from the NXT invasion angle.  That was tremendous, and I hope WWE follows it up.

Just an idea, but what if the reveal is that THEY were the ones that fucked up Undertaker?

I read somewhere that Cena wanted the Bourne push, kudos to him if its true. The whole show was just crap and bizarre. Drew been squashed was odd as was Matt eating his hair. Did anyone notice the silence that Christian got as well?  Depressing moment really.

Jo Mo coming back and been fed to The Miz was another lowlight. The Santino and Kozlov segment was good fun, sure isome will sneer at it, but I had no problem with it.

However the ending was incredible. Danielson choking Roberts and spitting at Cena was awesome as was the whole beatdown really. They need to follow it up on SD, it would be awesome if it was them revealed they attacked Taker.

The one major concern for this angle is the imminent return of.....

vrailaine

That was brilliant, particularly liked how they set up Cena being surrounded, looked like he was gonna do his silly superman shite to a new level of ridiculousness but then he just gets killed.

How much longer is Triple H out for? Obviously that'll be the turning point... or whenever Taker comes back cos they obviously done that attack.

Custard

This sounds brilliant -

QuoteVideo game website Gamespot.com recently met with THQ and got a first look at the all-new WWE All Stars game, set to be released early next year.

WWE All Stars will be a "larger than life" arcade-style game featuring the superstars of today as well as legends from past eras. The characters in WWE All Stars are super-sized and look like action figures. The game is more fast-paced than the other WWE video games and is being described as a hybrid of a wrestling game and a fighting game.

Button combos will play a big part of the player's offense and a "juggle system" will let you string together multiple slams and throws in a row. During these juggle combos, the game uses slow motions technology.

In a gameplay video demo that was shown, John Cena battled The Rock, with both hitting their signature moves. The Rock's People's Elbow has him jumping high into the air as does the Rock Bottom, with lots of visual effects to emphasize the moves.

Spiteface

Quote from: vrailaine on June 09, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
That was brilliant, particularly liked how they set up Cena being surrounded, looked like he was gonna do his silly superman shite to a new level of ridiculousness but then he just gets killed.

People give Cena a lot of shit for his "superman" schtick, but HHH would NEVER allow himself to get beaten up like Cena did.  That's what worries me about whenever HHH comes back.

For this to truly work, Barrett, Bryan and co. NEED to get wins over some of WWE's top guys, to establish this faction as a genuine threat.  That means Cena, Orton, HHH etc.

Word is HHH will be back for Summerslam.

I hope this continues for a while.  Looks like Survivor Series will be returning this year after all.  5 of the NXT guys vs a "Team WWE" of some of the top guys could make for a great main event for that show.  Hell, bring back War Games for the show.

vrailaine

Are the nxt guys good enough to carry this off?

Danielson and Barrett obviously.
Slater might be decent now he's no longer face.
Gabriel and one of the big guys is an instant tag team.
Otunga being kept outta the ring and being a cunt could be fine... although Gabriel and Otunga makes most sense to me.

The other guys are just a joke, I suppose they could take some eliminated guys from series 2? Yer man Keval

Ja'moke

That Alex Riley from Season 2 of NXT is good, on the mic at least, not sure what he's like in the ring.

rjd2

Quote from: Spiteface on June 09, 2010, 06:16:38 PM
People give Cena a lot of shit for his "superman" schtick, but HHH would NEVER allow himself to get beaten up like Cena did.  That's what worries me about whenever HHH comes back.

For this to truly work, Barrett, Bryan and co. NEED to get wins over some of WWE's top guys, to establish this faction as a genuine threat.  That means Cena, Orton, HHH etc.

Word is HHH will be back for Summerslam.

I hope this continues for a while.  Looks like Survivor Series will be returning this year after all.  5 of the NXT guys vs a "Team WWE" of some of the top guys could make for a great main event for that show.  Hell, bring back War Games for the show.

To be honest few would have sold like death for guys who in the eyes of the WWE core fanbase were nobodies. Taker and Hunter wouldn't have and Austin even though I loved him wouldn't allow that to happen to him.

Cena is the definition of a company man really.

vrailaine

I wasn't meaning to be attacking Cena there, he deserves big praise for letting guys as shite as Otunga do moves on him in quick succession. Even that row of clotheslines would've been nasty enough.

Rey keeps getting dragged back into the fold, I'm sure they'll have Barrett kill him in a match for him to get a bit of a break soonish.
Dunno who outta the top guys would be appropriate for Danielson currently though, they'll probably turn him into Regal 2.0 with brass knuckles and such I suspect cos Edge, Punk and Jericho are all heels. They could perhaps claim Danielson took out Taker alone and make him into some kind of sadistic sort?
Slater feuding with Christian I guess? Maybe some mentors joining the NXT guys cos they're sick of being "held back"(ie. Matt Hardy, Christian?)

Really is about as messy as possible regarding face/heel turns.

Still, amazing that I'm actually interested in something happening on WWE in June.

spanky

Daniel Bryan released. Work or real?

I've heard that USA Network bods thought him choking Justin Roberts was a step too far, but surely not; that helped sell the hot angle that will get more people watching.

rjd2

Quote from: spanky on June 12, 2010, 10:03:49 AM
Daniel Bryan released. Work or real?

I've heard that USA Network bods thought him choking Justin Roberts was a step too far, but surely not; that helped sell the hot angle that will get more people watching.

The more I read about it I think it was real. Initially I thought it was a work, but I keep reading reports from genuine sources claiming the choking of Roberts was a massive miscalculation from Danielson in these PG times especially after the Benoit tragedy. I suppose though if he is is gone spitting in the face of Cena and then kicking his head off is one hell of a way to go. He should be very able to find work or he and may even bide him time and return to WWE in a few months.