Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:53:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New Wrestling Pay Window [split topic]

Started by Spiteface, May 12, 2010, 06:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subtle Mocking

Jesus, they should really do those wacky non-canon Raws every Christmas. Last night was an absolute blast. You could just tell everybody was having fun, all getting completely into this nonsensical storyline. Some choice highlights:

- Distraught Ricardo/Del Rio
- Police tape
- Everyone gathered outside the trainer's room
- "FOR SANTAAAAA!!!!"
- Super serious commentary
- Matt Striker giving an update from the trainer's room
- "Representatives from the North Pole have been contacted"
- Santa's heartbeat rendition of Jingle Bells
- "USE THE TREE! USE THE TREE!"

And last of all, this moment of absolute comic brilliance:

weekender

Absolutely, that was delightfully insane and thoroughly enjoyable.  That gif doesn't do Del Rio's war cry justice.

You missed out the "YOU KILLED SANTA!" chants at Del Rio, which were also ace.  As were the wrapped presents used in the Cena-Del Rio match, and the associated commentary.  I'm sure I heard "Who wraps a fire extinguisher for a Christmas present?" at one point.

up_the_hampipe

Did anyone else hear John Cena saying "LOUD NOISES!" when everyone was yelling at ADR backstage? Clearly enjoying themselves. Loved it.

Ja'moke

I loved it too. Although we seem to be the only people in the world that did. Everywhere else I've read hated the episode, people are actively angry towards it...it's a Christmas episode for gods sake!

In other news, the New Age Outlaws wrestled Rhodes Scholars at a Raw house show last night. Testing the waters? I said last week that they should have one last run as a tag-team, Billy Gunn looks in great shape, and Road Dogg can still get the crowd in the palm of his hand.

Subtle Mocking

Quote from: Ja'moke on December 27, 2012, 11:46:44 PM
I loved it too. Although we seem to be the only people in the world that did. Everywhere else I've read hated the episode, people are actively angry towards it...it's a Christmas episode for gods sake!

Another wrestling forum I'm on loved it too, which is encouraging. I like how the kids on YouTube seem to aggressively loathe it, and it's all John Cena's fault.

Also, I really, really want to see Ziggler face Billy Gunn. Father versus son!

Spiteface

Quote from: Subtle Mocking on December 27, 2012, 11:55:00 PM
Another wrestling forum I'm on loved it too, which is encouraging. I like how the kids on YouTube seem to aggressively loathe it, and it's all John Cena's fault.

Ah, John Cena fandom, the Youtube wrestling equivalent to blaming Justin Bieber/Lady Gaga/Dubstep regarding music. I remember posting an anti-Rock rant once (same ramblings I've posted here in the past), and got called a "Cena-loving faggot" by someone.  They were probably 12 or something.

I've not seen it yet, will catch tomorrow morning's repeat.

Barry Admin

Locking of some of the larger threads - please start a new one linking back to this to continue the discussion, thanks.