Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:51:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Challenge: VOTE YOU SLAGS

Started by Big Jack McBastard, May 15, 2010, 03:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do?

Big Grid
0 (0%)
Looooong Pic
1 (100%)
One-Upmanship
0 (0%)
Frankenmong
0 (0%)
Something better we make up in the thread
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: May 29, 2010, 03:34:31 AM

Big Jack McBastard

Ho Whores,

Due to a renewed yearning in the pit of my hairy belly for a Wimblemong tourney I reckon we should have a Photoshop Challenge of sorts

I've been racking my brain on the method of it though;

1. A grid we add pictures to? One starts at the centre and then 4 more attached (top, bottom, sides) and then another 4 in the corners to finish off? (Could go larger but that could take a while).

2. Start at the bottom with a set size for each piece and work our way up until...... something?

3. Bert: "Look at my fucking pic!".....Ernie: "Hah I just made it sexier/scarier/more disturbing/less hairy/more hairy/" etc ad infinitum? <ooh get me with me foreign> Could be one pic being altered all the way through or a few people working on different ones.

4. We take a pic carve it up on a grid and anyone who wants a square calls it ('Firsties' of course being the rule of law on that one) and then does.... whatever they like to it, while keeping some semblance of what was there to begin with naturally. Could start with a blank white grid or the original pic.(Cameron and Clegg perhaps?)

5. You lot trample all over my ideas with far better ones, shaming and impressing me in the process.

The need to mong has gripped me and the frequently brain mangling talents on display in this place intrigue me as to what we'll end up with, that said all levels of skill or lack thereof are more than welcome to partake, go crazy it's the internet don't cha know?

If you can be arsed do throw in your tuppence worth in any style that befits you.

Zero Gravitas

mook

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on May 15, 2010, 11:16:31 AM
You mean 'exquisite corpse'?

In short yes, but going back a few years when we started playing these games it used to ages to complete, because VWs are workshy lazy bastards who would make up all sorts of implausible excuses to get out of doing a bit of PhotoShopping. So we came up a couple of variants, the worm and the grid so more people could work on it at the same time and in theory speed up the whole process. This idea would have worked, but we forgot:

QuoteVWs are workshy lazy bastards who would make up all sorts of implausible excuses to get out of doing a bit of PhotoShopping

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: mook on May 15, 2010, 12:03:10 PM
VWs are workshy lazy bastards who would make up all sorts of implausible excuses to get out of doing a bit of PhotoShopping.

I'm perfectly aware of that #ahem#..  and thus take it into account as there are no hard rules here, ok so maybe not a grid or a corpse then as that depends on people being reliable in both numbers and spirit, but a Tower of Mongs or "I Phototopped your pic" <SWIDT?> would be doable, especially the former as that relies on one pic being done to facilitate the next, thus workshy or no it's open to anyone who cares to take part.

Zero Gravitas

In the form of direct modification of the image or continuation from one of the edges?

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on May 15, 2010, 10:48:24 PM
In the form of direct modification of the image or continuation from one of the edges?

The Tower would be a continuation upwards with each section linking to the last and next pics, but it's up to the next shopper to determine what it morphs into.

The 'Phototopped' one could take any form really. you could directly modify the original image only or expand it as you see fit. There could be many different 'original' images and folks could create different versions of it or alter already modified pics to make them look better and more natural, or weirder and more abstract, it's a rather sandbox affair.

Both have their pros and cons:

Tower:
Pro: Monger introduces their own theme, taking into account the last and influencing the next.
Pro: Turns out unexpected results and can be fun.
Pro: Not dependant on timely participation as 'first in' wins (or it goes to a swift vote if it's close)

Con: Could stagnate if folks take the piss or no-one bothers

Phototopped:
Pro: Is open to any kind of alteration.
Pro: Many base pics can be used, thus varied results.
Pro: The well versed could proffer helpful hints for people not fantastically adept in some aspects of monging, provided they're willing.

Con: Criticisms bruise the occasional bottom.

Cons are thinner for these two.

Cerys

Dammit, why does HS Art erupt into a hotbed of mongery now, when I'm too busy to play?  It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

Big Jack McBastard

Quote from: Cerys on May 17, 2010, 08:22:03 AM
Dammit, why does HS Art erupt into a hotbed of mongery now, when I'm too busy to play?  It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

[smarm overload] It's so you don't outshine us all darlin' <wink> [/smarm overload]

At the rate we're going here it'll be a while before anything gets started so who knows, you might be able to join in once we're going.

Cerys

Unless you delay for at least a month, I doubt it.

mook

Quote from: mook on May 15, 2010, 12:03:10 PM
VWs are workshy lazy bastards who would make up all sorts of implausible excuses to get out of doing a bit of PhotoShopping.

See. It's almost as if I can see into the future.

Big Jack McBastard

Harrumph, I remember when it wee all mongs round here far as the eye could see, didn't matter if they made your eyes bleed with their awesomeness or terribleness.

I notice the Jalopy hit the skids early as well. perhaps I should have taken it as a portent.