Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,455
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:46:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The WTF Podcast With Marc Maron

Started by TIAL, May 17, 2010, 11:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty Substance

Woody Allen was recently on Alec Baldwin's podcast and the allegations were, ahem, touched upon and they both moved onto another subject. In fact, the whole interview so sycophantic,  Baldwin very clearly wants to be in another Allen film.

That surprises me that Maron's not managed to get Steve Martin before now although, out of those three mentioned, I'd love to hear Larry David on WTF.

Enrico Palazzo

Quote from: Dusty Substance on July 21, 2020, 10:49:05 PM

That surprises me that Maron's not managed to get Steve Martin before now although, out of those three mentioned, I'd love to hear Larry David on WTF.

He said he'd tried to get Steve Martin on but he would only agree to it if they focussed on his banjo career.

dr_christian_troy

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 21, 2020, 09:10:46 PM
I've just had a look at the complete list of episodes so far, and other notable omissions are...

Carol Burnett
Chevy Chase
Whoopi Goldberg
Rick Moranis
Eddie Murphy
Bill Murray
Mort Sahl
Martin Short

Bill Murray would be a golden goose that's for sure. Chevy's been on Gilbert Gottfried's podcast before so I suspect it's probably a personal choice as I think it would be a personality clash.

Maron's no Mike Read after all.

Petey Pate

Jon Stewart has never been on and most likely never will because of his 'uncomfortable history' with Maron.

Armin Meiwes

Tbf there are a LOT of people with a bad history with Maron that he ended up getting on and apologising to on his show but yeah I think Stewart categorically said no way.

Yeah agreed on Larry David, that would be probably the one I would most like to hear.

Cottonon

Carrey very close to sounding like a Jon Wurster character in that one.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Maron's interview with Ice-T is really good and interesting. There's a slightly eggy moment where Ice-T, despite coming across as a paragon of sense during the rest of their chat, almost gives credence to insane Covid-19 conspiracy theories, but Maron swiftly changes the subject.

I have no idea how Maron has managed to carry on with this show following the death of his partner. Ploughing on with work is, I guess, his way of dealing with grief. It's keeping him occupied. Poor guy, my heart goes out to him; he must be in so much pain at the moment.

Sin Agog

Did he ask him if he considers himself the modern equivalent of Wordsworth?

Ballad of Ballard Berkley