Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:19:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Chris Morris doesn't really work on TV.

Started by phil6875, February 06, 2004, 02:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil6875

'On The Hour' vastly superior to 'The Day Today'

'Blue Jam' vastly superior to 'Jam'

Why is it that his radio work beats his TV work on every level?

DuncanC

I much prefer The Day Today to On The Hour.

Benny J. Fish

Good question. It might be because he's quite a clever talker (very verbose, good at manipulating what he and others say, invents new words etc...) and on radio this is much more important than on television, where the image can help you ignore weaknesses in what's actually said.

Then I might just be wanking on about nothing.

elderford

My penneth worth is that he has more fluidity, spontanaity and control on the wireless, whereas on the visual medium by it's nature involves much more rehearsal, technical runthroughs, makeup, faffing about etc.

...and while I'm at it, the nature of the News on telly is: man in suit in studio behind desk.

...and I've already made a point about expensive tv visual joke = expensive, whereas expensive radio visual joke = just as cheap as an inexpensive one.

JesusAndYourBush

I'd agree that Blue Jam is superior to Jam.
When you've got a surreal situation, the fact that you depict it in a visual form on television makes it less surreal simply because you're able to depict it.  Radio leaves everything to the imagination so is a far better medium for it.

axel

Desite the general excellence of his GLR shows, which i'm only getting to hear through this site, i still think CM's best stuff is in Brasseye. It just seems a much more complete work, with serious amounts of detail stuffed into it. Chris is severly underrated as an actor.

european son

considering that phil6875 has only posted twice on the board, and looking at what he's posted, i believe that he is in fact Stevie Wonder, and i claim my Superstition 7" promo.