Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ISIS split up (13 years is a not mighty long time)

Started by alan nagsworth, May 19, 2010, 06:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan nagsworth

http://isistheband.blogspot.com/2010/05/isis-has-reached-end_18.html

:(

I never even got to see them live, only started fully appreciating their music over the last couple of months after flirting with their material on and off for the past five years. I consider them a massively important aspect of the "post" scene and while I utterly abhor post-rock in almost all of its guises, ISIS were a truly monumental band. Utterly awesome.

ThickAndCreamy

That's fucking terrible, they're probably my favourite post-metal band. Their last album showed no sign on them faltering at all, it was still magnificent.

I have very fond memories of listening to Oceanic last winter, wandering through local wasteland as a black sky formed above and winds screeched across the land. The level of beauty, anger and power stemming from listening to them at that point was astonishing. It just made me want to scream, cry and smile all at the same time.

Truly monumental band, it's depressing to see them go. They are probably the single biggest reason I started to listen to metal and heavier music.

Lee Van Cleef

No problem with this.  It felt, to me, like they'd run their creative arc and were in danger of becoming stagnant.  They managed to recover after the sorely lacking "..Absence.." record and come back strong with "Wavering Radiant" but their creative development still seems to have levelled off.

If only more bands had the integrity to call it a day when they felt they'd run out of things to say.

Rubbish Monkey

Aw one of my favourite bands :(
At least I got to see them live a couple of times

Rob_Saunders

This is terrible news...one of my favourite bands of all time, even have a cheeky little Isis tattoo. Think I will have to give their massive back catalogue another spin right now!